Market Square Tower: 40-Story High-Rise At 777 Preston St.

Urbannizer

Thank you for the pictures Graystone and welcome.  You have the perfect view for this project, keep 'em coming!

Thanks! I will try to post updates as I can. I think its neat how you can see the old foundation walls of the buildings that used to be there before it was a parking lot. There is some cool history up thread on them. Sad that they are gone but I am happy to see something new being built here.  

Thanks! I will try to post updates as I can. I think its neat how you can see the old foundation walls of the buildings that used to be there before it was a parking lot. There is some cool history up thread on them. Sad that they are gone but I am happy to see something new being built here.

That is cool - I think these were basement walls. Appreciate the pics, keep 'em coming!

Full sized backhoe and dump truck on site at 6 this morning. Now they are really starting to dig and haul away dirt.

Hmmm, for done reason I thought Hines would have been the first to start. We have only gotten two renderings fir this building while Hines has shown us a lot about their plans

I am curious if Hines will now delay their plans. Two buildings a block from each other coming on market at exactly the same time and looking for tenants may not be the best marketing strategy. Hines may now go back and check its research: is there enough demand? At what price points?

I know zero about real estate development but, if Hines delayed a year and brought their project online in 2018 (a year after this one opens) they may project a better leasing environment?

Of course, if demand is projected to be strong regardless, they just might launch now anyway.

Two buildings a block from each other coming on market at exactly the same time and looking for tenants may not be the best marketing strategy. Hines may now go back and check its research: is there enough demand? At what price points?

My guess is demand should still be good. With very few homes on the market and lot shortages affecting even the exurbs, this town can't build residential fast enough to meet demand. Only labor shortages and soaring materials prices can stop the developers.

Besides, the City's paying them to build. :P  <_<

Thanks, Graystone, for the pics.  I'm your neighbor upstairs.  I was going to report this, but no one believes me without photo proof. :mellow:  The first few layers of dirt looked like good soil and then it went red.  Where do you suppose they are dumping all of this dirt?

Also, Harvey Construction is building out an office space on the first floor of the G-Rodge.  No construction trailers for this site (no room).  Of course, I may be just making this up too. :P 

• Like 1

Thanks, Graystone, for the pics.  I'm your neighbor upstairs.  I was going to report this, but no one believes me without photo proof. :mellow:  The first few layers of dirt looked like good soil and then it went red.  Where do you suppose they are dumping all of this dirt?

Also, Harvey Construction is building out an office space on the first floor of the G-Rodge.  No construction trailers for this site (no room).  Of course, I may be just making this up too. :P

Howdy Neighbor! :D

I don't know where the dirt is going though the dump trucks seem to head east out once they leave the site. I've attached the pics I took during lunch. Notice in the last picture it looks like they are doing more soil samples. Enjoy!

post-13371-0-46807200-1407535407_thumb.j

post-13371-0-63310900-1407535416_thumb.j

post-13371-0-59839600-1407535427_thumb.j

post-13371-0-35898300-1407535441_thumb.j

post-13371-0-22977300-1407535485_thumb.j

post-13371-0-15001000-1407535504_thumb.j

• Like 6

I saw a detached container being pushed over to the Milam side of the dump truck road, today.  It looked like the load was bricks.  Notice that the north foundation wall of the center configuration, is gone.  I guess bricks would be dumped at another location than dirt.  It's to the right of your last pic.

By looking at all the digging, when can say that this project is moving foward. Also I couldn't help but to think that this tower was going to be built right in front of the new Marriott Marquis. Glad it's not because this project will have a great impact on the Houston skyline. :)

Edited by JoninATX
  • Like 1

I am curious if Hines will now delay their plans. Two buildings a block from each other coming on market at exactly the same time and looking for tenants may not be the best marketing strategy.

Hines may now go back and check its research: is there enough demand? At what price points?

Hines will just have to get back to the drawing board and work harder to impress us wouldn't they? Double the height Hines :D

Lol. By

Think of all the cranes that'll be towering over the skyline in about a year. 609 (2 or 3 cranes), One Market Square (2 cranes), Hess Tower (2 cranes), Marriott (2-3 cranes), the 10-story building next to GRB (1-2 cranes), 6 HC (2-3 cranes), Macy's site (3 cranes). It's gonna be bad ass. It'll rival the exxon site I bet.

Think of all the cranes that'll be towering over the skyline in about a year. 609 (2 or 3 cranes), One Market Square (2 cranes), Hess Tower (2 cranes), Marriott (2-3 cranes), the 10-story building next to GRB (1-2 cranes), 6 HC (2-3 cranes), Macy's site (3 cranes). It's gonna be bad ass. It'll rival the exxon site I bet.

Hess Tower?

Not only will it rival, it will beat it. Imagine driving into houston and seeing downtown clogged with cranes. We will literally watch our skyline morph. As developments in midtown and along the bayou come up, it will be humbling to see!

• Like 2

It would have been interesting to have been able to do a little digging around the site before they started construction to see what artifacts could have been found. This was the location of the Cellar and Warrens and everything else from the beginning of Houston. No telling what they are digging up and taking away to the dump.

• Like 1