1 hour ago, Naviguessor said:

Then, like clockwork, every year, NextDoor App blows-up, with residents convinced that the horns are a personal attack on them by the conductors.   It's entertaining. 

back before the line that was nearest my old house went to silent mode, every few months there was one conductor who would blast the horn for about 30 seconds straight in the middle of the night. I am positive it was indeed 30 seconds because I had just returned home from a Friday night at Numbers and was making a late night snack before bed, and the horn started going while I had the microwave on. he started at about 45 seconds, and when my food was at 15 seconds it stopped.

while I doubt it was a personal attack, I am convinced to this day that the conductor was probably some dude who wasn't a normal night shifter, and had to cover when people were sick, so he was just pissed at the world and figured this was the best way to relieve his personal frustration.

• Like 4

Two interesting notes from updated retail and general project guide books. 

On the document below, if you go to unparalleled access they are hinting at a proposed rail line. While I've heard of this other places, this is very up to date and it makes me think that Midway is in someway involved now as it runs through the entire north side of East River. I hope they get it done, it can't hurt to have some people with pull getting involved in the proposal. I would love this if it happens, easy access to EADO, which oddly enough is kind of annoying to get to and very annoying to walk to even from the second ward due weird intersections and train tracks.

https://global-uploads.webflow.com/60fabed9899a525885269ae4/61f9af8e2a73b579793241f2_220201 East River_Project Guidebook_digital_compressed.pdf

on the site plan below it mentions that most of Phase 1 is planned for Q2 2023, while the remainder is planned for Q4 2023. That's very ambitious and I hope they meet that timeline. Whether the Golf Course is ready by this Summer should give an indication on their time line's accuracies. 

https://global-uploads.webflow.com/60fabed9899a525885269ae4/62015bc858102c686839cae4_221028 East River Retail_compressed.pdf

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, I'm Not a Robot said:

On the document below, if you go to unparalleled access they are hinting at a proposed rail line. While I've heard of this other places, this is very up to date and it makes me think that Midway is in someway involved now as it runs through the entire north side of East River. I hope they get it done, it can't hurt to have some people with pull getting involved in the proposal. I would love this if it happens, easy access to EADO, which oddly enough is kind of annoying to get to and very annoying to walk to even from the second ward due weird intersections and train tracks.

https://global-uploads.webflow.com/60fabed9899a525885269ae4/61f9af8e2a73b579793241f2_220201 East River_Project Guidebook_digital_compressed.pdf

I've seen the street car alluded to in Urban Genesis' plans for the warehouse district too. Would be great to see it come to fruition.

• Like 4

I have questions about this proposed streetcar. Are they the ones proposing it? Or is Metro or the city actually talking about it seriously?  There isn’t good North-South connections in east downtown right now. A street car through EaDo that goes up to navigation and easy River would be a nice connection, especially if it can have its own separated right of way over the trains

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cspwal said:

I have questions about this proposed streetcar. Are they the ones proposing it? Or is Metro or the city actually talking about it seriously?  

Unsure. I've seen it referenced in multiple projects by different developers. Best I could find actually was this 2012 (!!!) article on it from CultureMap. Seems to be a GEEMD proposal.

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/city-life/11-02-12-its-full-speed-ahead-on-streetcars-in-eado-public-transit-plans-routes-are-revealed/#slide=2

• Like 1

Interesting that the old article talks about using Commerce, the chagrin of many cyclists/drivers with the old rail tracks still in the street.

I honestly don't think there is anything to the East End streetcar. I would assume that there will be a METRO adjustment to the area once there are more residential units. I think the bus right now is on 60 minute headways, which is rough. 

• Like 1

I had bad dating experiences with women whose names began with an "L". It definitely has the looks that sell, but then, thinking of it, so did all the women I dated whose name started with "L". I don't think it has really been classified with a name, and there are certainly more debilitating phobias out there.

anyway, I'm sure this will be a fine residence for whoever can afford it!

• Like 2

Lick Honest Ice Creams is estimated to open in 2023, according to CultureMap:

"Lick has also announced a location in the East River development, but that store won't open until next year."

https://houston.culturemap.com/news/restaurants-bars/02-24-22-lick-honest-ice-creams-new-location-autry-park-montrose-mixed-use-development

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 3

• The title was changed to East River: KBR Site Purchased By Midway

Observations from phase 1 on the west end of the property.  The modular garage structure for The Laura Apartments is being assembled by a heavy crawler crane and a crane base is in place for Trail Head 1 (Building F), along the bayou frontage.  Lots of activity all along the southern half of Phase 1.  No indication yet, for what is planned along Clinton Blvd, that can be seen from the road.   

Would be interesting to see the property by drone....

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...