Bank Of America Tower At 800 Capitol St.

barracuda

^^^ although, i am really appreciative of the fact that they decided to add a bit of art to this particular corner.  however, i just wish that they had gone with a SUPERBOWL motif instead of this ugly/strange halloweenish black tree.  i am trying in earnest to present this art piece the benefit of the doubt.  however, i just cannot comprehend just what it is trying to convey to the public.  "STRANGE THINGS" indeed....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Office vacancies are rising in downtown Houston as energy firms, such as Shell Oil, have downsized or relocated altogether. The downtown office availability rate has reached 16.5 percent, according to CBRE, which recently said in its year-end report that it could take “three to five years” for downtown vacancy to subside to a normal level. In addition, Hines is completing its 1 million-SF 609 Main tower this month. And Skanska is expected to begin vertical construction this year on its 750,000-SF Capitol Tower, atop the building’s already built foundation, which is about four blocks from the Six Houston Center site.

http://realtynewsreport.com/2017/02/01/john-goff-six-houston-center-skyscraper-still-planned-but-groundbreaking-not-expected-soon/

• Like 4

These mega-companies want campuses. So I am glad they have them here. Exxon isnt likely to abandon theirs. I think downtown should be diversified. I would like to see some company headquarters here that aren't Oil and Gas. Can we lure them in? It could help keep houston from feeling the effects of oil prices as harshly as we do.

• Like 3

Urbannizer posted on another forum that this is scheduled for construction in the spring. 

On on a side note, @Urbannizer don't betray us by posting this type of info elsewhere first! Hahahaha only kidding.  I truly do appreciate all the information you share and I believe you deserve more props than you receive.  I look forward to logging in here daily and checking for updates, and you're one of the posters that  really contributes to that so, thanks. 

• Like 5

On 2/10/2017 at 10:14 AM, KinkaidAlum said:

There have been rumors they've signed a possible lead tenant. The bad news is it's a firm relocating from another downtown tower is what I am hearing. Would love to bring one of those Energy Corridor/Woodlands companies back to downtown. 

Bank of America:D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wxman said:

So are we sure this is beginning construction in March? I haven't seen the HBJ or Chronicle pick up the story yet. 

You're forgetting The Daily Fishwrap's motto: "Yesterday's news... Tomorrow!!!" :ph34r:

• Like 3

I think until the tower is under construction to replace the current parking garage podium, the title should stay as it is.  The site hasn't given us a replacement for the Houston club yet, just an ugly garage with a pretty picture on one side

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, hindesky said:

700 block of Milam and the 700 block of Travis between Capitol and Rusk will be closed for the crane construction this weekend from 7pm Friday to 5am Monday according to Baker Concrete. This can only mean they are going ahead with the office portion of the build. Great news. I wonder what company made the decision to move into the new building? 

Ayfkm?!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, hindesky said:

700 block of Milam and the 700 block of Travis between Capitol and Rusk will be closed for the crane construction this weekend from 7pm Friday to 5am Monday according to Baker Concrete. This can only mean they are going ahead with the office portion of the build. Great news. I wonder what company made the decision to move into the new building? 

lets hope so, I hope they add a few more floors to this so it'll be more noticable

• Like 1