Bayou Place: Entertainment Development At 500 Texas St.

houstonsemipro

I love Warren's. We used to hit that place once a month or so. I once hooked up with a girl in the gazebo. I was really drunk and she was sort of a big woman. In fact my buddies named her the "beastmaster." Since she was freinds with a buddies girlfriend I was forced to see her again and again.

Oh to be young.

This post has totally been hyjacked. I take full blame for that. > :) > :) > :)

Back to the regular post. What about a Bowling Alley in the Bayou Place. I think that would bring in some folks. :)

uhh...haha

about bowling...yes!

but isn't one already slated to go into the pavilions? (a "high-class" one?)

Remember there USED to be strips clubs downtown. For instance, Warren's Inn used to be a strip club prior to Warren buying it when he was forced out of his old Warren's across Market Square. The gazebo where the dancers performed is still there.

nmainguy reveals his age and challanges fellow Haifers to remember The Pink puppy Cat on Main...

nmainguy reveals his age and challanges fellow Haifers to remember The Pink Pussy Cat on Main...
I think I have a picture of that place in an old book. I'll try to dig it up. It must have been quite a while back.
Houston Biz Journal reported today that the first lease for the new office space has been signed. 25,000 square feet to a communications firm moving from Midtown.

I guess that's good news. Somehow I thought it would stay vacant. Would it make sense to convert more of Bayou Place to offices if the restaurants don't stay open?

uhh...haha

about bowling...yes!

but isn't one already slated to go into the pavilions? (a "high-class" one?)

And we all know that project is 100% going to happen. (insert sarcastic emoticon).

Actually I did not know about the bowling alley in the pavillions. I thought I was pretty brilliant for coming up with the bowling idea in Bayou Place. Maybe a Bowling Alley with Hooters girls serving beer and snacks. B)

Here you go.

Pink Pussycat

Those pictures are amazing. So when did the Pink Pussycat move to Richmond. I actually stepped into that place a few times in the early 90's before it changed hands. It was gross, but for some reason that did not stop me from going more than once.

And we all know that project is 100% going to happen. (insert sarcastic emoticon).

Actually I did not know about the bowling alley in the pavillions. I thought I was pretty brilliant for coming up with the bowling idea in Bayou Place. Maybe a Bowling Alley with Hooters girls serving beer and snacks. B)

Those pictures are amazing. So when did the Pink Pussycat move to Richmond. I actually stepped into that place a few times in the early 90's before it changed hands. It was gross, but for some reason that did not stop me from going more than once.

Apparently the Pink Pussycat moved to Richmond along with the Beer Cellar. I've been to the Beer Cellar a few times back around 1999 when a friend's band played there, but didn't realize that it and the Pink Pussycat had previously been downtown.

I never went into the Pink Pussycat, but I have friends who did...they said there was a certain *odor* in the air that hit you as soon as you opened the door. From what they said, the club and its dancers were pretty nasty.

I do like the bowling alley idea for Bayou Place. As sevfiv pointed out, there will be a "high-class" bowling alleyin Houston Pavilions. But I think it was only going to be 15 lanes or something like that. Doesn't sound like my kind of bowling alley....I'd like to see one where: a) smoking is mandatory, or at least encouraged, B) it has more bowling lanes than Chuck E. Cheese has skeeball lanes, and c) it's unpretentious (I'm OK with it if it's described as "low-class" bowling...that's what it should be.)

I do like the bowling alley idea for Bayou Place. As sevfiv pointed out, there will be a "high-class" bowling alleyin Houston Pavilions. But I think it was only going to be 15 lanes or something like that. Doesn't sound like my kind of bowling alley....I'd like to see one where: a) smoking is mandatory, or at least encouraged, B) it has more bowling lanes than Chuck E. Cheese has skeeball lanes, and c) it's unpretentious (I'm OK with it if it's described as "low-class" bowling...that's what it should be.)

Totally agree. Chi Chi Bowling Alley's are for wimps. We hit the Bellaire Lanes when we go. I once saw a woman vomit all over her ball as she was throwing it. It was pretty sick but funny as hell. It was $5 pitcher night. GOOD TIMES. > :)

• 1 month later...

It didn't seem to take off while things were doing well downtown.I am not sure that retail use is best for it, and at best would probably come across as a watered-down outdated pavilions that nobody can find. I think pavilions has eclipsed it a bit and it would be a tough location to make work even during the best of times for retail partly because it seems to have very little exposure or on the street. Pavilions will however have street exposure.Lease it to call centers and back office users.

• 2 months later...
This may be posted somewhere else, but I talked with Hard Rock Cafe folks and they say a very cool club is being built as we speak to the tune of two plus million next to Verizon. If this is somewhere on the board, I am sorry, but I was interested in the facts of this event. Anybody?

Yep, it will be where Bar Houston was located.

Yep, it will be where Bar Houston was located.

Thanks so much. At least some one knows what I am talking about. This is going to be quite a place (according to my sources) and quite frankly, with Verizon's great concerts and in the heart of the theater district, it will be welcomed. Any more info would be greatly appreciated. I haven't given up at all on Bayou Place.

It will be a plus in Bayou Place. Verizon is there and concerts go on all the time. Hard Rock is anchored in Bayou Place. Then we will have Rocbar. If it is as cool as we assume it will be, those 30+ people will be rocking and rolling. Lots of construction on this project. I love Hard Rock's Haystack Salad, so I go there often for lunch. Also, it's great to get away from work and have a rockin' lunch as well. Plus, the house Chardonnay is great. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I went to Rocbar for their grand opening weekend last month and it was a pretty good time. I haven't been since, so I'm wondering if it still going strong? Maybe I will stop by sometime next week.

What? Rocbar is under construction. It isn't even open yet. I was at Hard Rock yesterday and construction workers everywhere; it doesn't look like it will be ready for a couple of months.

What? Rocbar is under construction. It isn't even open yet. I was at Hard Rock yesterday and construction workers everywhere; it doesn't look like it will be ready for a couple of months.

Rocbar has been open for several weeks now -

Roc Bar

you may have seen them working on Mosaic, which I don't think is ready quite yet.

Rocbar has been open for several weeks now -

Roc Bar

you may have seen them working on Mosaic, which I don't think is ready quite yet.

First, Toolman, I am sorry that I questioned your integrity. Second, thanks, hokie. I was assuming the entrance to Rocbar was downstairs so goes the construction. Mosaic is that another club/restaurant under construction?

Is there any entrance to rocbar other than those steel steps under the canopy? An elevator or sumpin???? Can you imagine after ten drinks walking down??? Whoa....

Edited by houstonfella

• 1 month later...
Bayou Place will also undergo physical improvements that will be made to the district in coming months including enhanced valet drop off from Texas Ave.

I saw the "enhancement" and all they did was cover up the cobblestone like sidwalk with plain concrete and adorned the sides with white 4" PVC pipe to bollards the pedistrians for the valet traffic. . . very ugly and an eye soar. Definately "cheap" was used in this "enhancement". <_<

I stoppeg going to Angelika because I would smell like barbecue coming from the Harlon's.

I just saw Pan's Labyrinth there and the place was filthy, I was very upset that it degraded to that point.

The restaurant spot is still vacant and the restrooms looked unattended all day. Piss was on the floor, trash cans over flowing with towels, and (2) stalls we broken. -_-

It is unexcusable after paying $8.50 for a movie. :o

They can afford a single custodial worker to tend to bathrooms throughout the night. <_<:angry2:

I just saw Pan's Labyrinth there and the place was filthy, I was very upset that it degraded to that point.

The restaurant spot is still vacant and the restrooms looked unattended all day. Piss was on the floor, trash cans over flowing with towels, and (2) stalls we broken. -_-

It is unexcusable after paying $8.50 for a movie. :o

They can afford a single custodial worker to tend to bathrooms throughout the night. <_<:angry2:

Don't forget the exspensive drinks, snacks, and food...

The restroom is cleaner in the Shell Station (Westheimer @ Montrose).

Edited by Montrose1100

Don't forget the exspensive drinks, snacks, and food...

The restroom is cleaner in the Shell Station (Westheimer @ Montrose).

Well, That is expected at almost any theatre now a days.

I agree, but it is still not as bad as it is at sport's games.

I saw the "enhancement" and all they did was cover up the cobblestone like sidwalk with plain concrete and adorned the sides with white 4" PVC pipe to bollards the pedistrians for the valet traffic. . . very ugly and an eye soar. Definately "cheap" was used in this "enhancement". <_<

I don't think that's all that is planned.

• 4 weeks later...

More good news for Downtown Houston. The Planet, formerly EV1.net, is moving their headquarters from Dallas to Houston. They just signed a lease for 70,000 square feet in the relatively new Bayou Place Offices. Included will be a 10,000 square foot customer service type showroom. Class A space just got a bit tighter...

www.houston.bizjournals.com/houston/stories/2007/02/19/story3.html