Mickey Leland Federal Building At 1919 Smith St.

lockmat

Thanks to earlier posters who pointed out the security and mechanical updates needed for this building.

The aesthetic changes are more noticeable; the new glass curtain wall is the equivalent of a push-up bra on grandma. This is an undistinguished building, and it's doubtful that anyone will mourn its eventual demise. It is, temporarily, less of an eyesore.

I've noticed that many mid to late 20th century buildings which featured stone veneers have seen them fail; was this the case?

The aesthetic changes are more noticeable; the new glass curtain wall is the equivalent of a push-up bra on grandma. This is an undistinguished building, and it's doubtful that anyone will mourn its eventual demise. It is, temporarily, less of an eyesore.

So what your saying is for $86 million we have the architectural equivalent of Joan Rivers?

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Was just wondering what the hold up was. 

I understood the money to do the renovation was part of the "stimulus" back whenever that happened, but I could be wrong on that. From the earlier description, the renovation was needed to keep the weather out if nothing else. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...