Walmart Supercenter At 111 Yale St.

HeyHatch

Walmart at Yale & I-10: For or Against  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Q1: Regarding the proposed WalMart at Yale and I-10:

• I live within a 3 mile radius (as the crow flies) and am FOR this Walmart
    • I live within a 3 mile radius (as the crow flies) and am AGAINST this Walmart
    • I live outside a 3 mile radius (as the crow flies) and am FOR this Walmart
    • I live outside a 3 mile radius (as the crow flies) and am AGAINST this Walmart
    • Undecided
  2. 2. Q2: If/when this proposed WalMart is built at Yale & I-10

• I am FOR this WalMart and will shop at this WalMart
    • I am FOR this WalMart but will not shop at this WalMart
    • I am AGAINST this WalMart but will shop at this WalMart
    • I am AGAINST this WalMart and will not shop at this WalMart
    • Undecided
  3. 3. Q3: WalMart in general

• I am Pro-Walmart
    • I am Anti-Walmart
    • I don't care either way
    • Undecided

This poll is closed to new votes

Not sure if this has been stated here but for those that don't feel like searching 87 pages to find it, Walmart opens this upcoming Friday (Oct 26th). Same day as Kroger on Studemont. Interesting competition we have going on here..

Edited by Triton

Not sure if this has been stated here but for those that don't feel like searching 87 pages to find it, Walmart opens this upcoming Friday (Oct 26th). Same day as Kroger on Studemont. Interesting competition we have going on here..

You could at least check the page you posted on.

All the Sam's Clubs in the area are located along freeways outside the loop. There is probably less of a market for bunker-sized packaging in most parts of the loop due to demographics and limited storage space.

That said, there are some large parcels near NW Mall along 610 that might be ideal for a Sam's Club. Or, perhaps they could buy the land from the Emes Place developer, turn it into a Sam's Club, and connect it to I-10 over the bayou.

Edited by barracuda

I'm so upset. I will be out of town on Friday, so I won't be able to see Leonard and s3mh picketing the new Walmart on opening day. Can someone take pictures for me?

No worries, I've got you covered. Them too, as I plan on buying them some Kleenex, lest they cry me a bayou to try and prove their stormwater runoff concerns.

Need me to pick up some 50-pound bags of dog food while I'm there?

And so were all the Walmarts until they built one in the Heights.

Still, I'd prefer a second ITL Costco.

Welcome to Costco, I love you.

So with a Walmart grand opening, how does it work? It's 24 hours right? Do they open at midnight, or is it some other arbitrary time during the day? I want to be the first to walk the hallowed halls in its pristine state before it gets overrun.

Edited by samagon

Anyone planning to tailgate at the grand opening?

I was thinking some HAIFers would be there. Maybe they could hold up some signs that say "Hi s3mh!", take photos and post them here?

I'm glad I have a place inside the loop where I can now purchase oil filters and frozen pizzas at 2am.

I walked past the WaMart and over the Bridge of Death this evening. I was on the East side of Yale, where the sidewalk goes all the way to I-10. The only danger I encountered was trying not to slip on all of the acorns craftily placed on the sidewalk by the evil oak tree at the South end of the bridge. I may have to take a chain saw to it to save other pedestrians from the horrors of acorn slippage.

I walked past the WaMart and over the Bridge of Death this evening. I was on the East side of Yale, where the sidewalk goes all the way to I-10. The only danger I encountered was trying not to slip on all of the acorns craftily placed on the sidewalk by the evil oak tree at the South end of the bridge. I may have to take a chain saw to it to save other pedestrians from the horrors of acorn slippage.

I'm working on an undercover documentary on the acorn problem. Oh, it's been done? Nevermind.

A neighbor of mine tells me that every 12-15 years they see a substantial increase in acorn "production". Any tree person care to weigh in on why this occurs? Speaking of weighing in on it, the nexdoor neighbor has had a few big branches break off due to the weight of the acorns. Ross, you way want to consider a different route to Wal-Mart, because the combined weight of the acorns on the Yale street bridge may cause a butterfly effect that could result in the collapse of the bridge. Scientists in India are already picking up abnormal seismic readings due to the increased bridge traffic. The Aztecs predicted all of this....we were warned.

Scientists in India are already picking up abnormal seismic readings due to the increased bridge traffic. The Aztecs predicted all of this....we were warned.

Thats a relief. We wouldn't want any aztecs or scientists in India getting convicted of manslaughter because they didnt provide definite and adequate disaster warning.

Thats a relief. We wouldn't want any aztecs or scientists in India getting convicted of manslaughter because they didnt provide definite and adequate disaster warning.

Yes, I hear that in their traffic laws it's not considered vehicular manslaughter if you honk before running them over.

No convictions will occur here in the USA, because the "End is Near" crowd has prophesied the pending bridge collapse with great fervor.

Maybe the protestors are inside the store... shopping. LOL!

You know it! That's the irony of the whole issue, one by one they will cave in. First it will be to get McDonalds for the adopted counter-ethnic kid, then it will be for rescue dog food and after the debt burden crushes these hypocrites, it's midnite on the first of the month for soy milk.

• Like 2