GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

First off, Thanks Transit Nut!!!

Second, Welcome to page 18.

Now third: I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A HOUSE OF BLUES IN HOUSTON!!!! It will be a hit!!!

This will NOT be easy, but it'd be MAD sweet if Planet Hollywood reopened in Houston. There's only 5 locations in the states (Honolulu,Myrtle Beach, Orlando, NYC, and L.Vegas). Three east coast. One near west. One in Hawaii. If the guys wanted a good location, I would imagine this would be their prime opportunity. I'd love to see that happen.

But even if it doesn't happen, HOB will be hot!!!

I also wonder if Bayou Place/Hard Rock Cafe will have to add or do anything to keep up. Think there's enough profit to go around?

I wouldn't count on Planet Hollywood expanding anywhere. They've almost completely bled out. The one in Times Square does good business with high school tour groups and clueless Iowans. I've been as a chaperone for a HS group of about 60 people and we waited in line with four other similar groups to be seated. As we were leaving, the same line had filled up with four or five more groups. I don't see it really being a draw unto itself, if you didn't get a dinner there as part of a package.

The one here was library-quiet all the time, I hear, though I only went once.

Hard Rock is in similar shape. They do okay in smaller markets with big tourist influxes, like Salt Lake City, during ski season. But in the bigger cities, Hard Rocks have pretty much passed their prime. I used to love New Year's Eve at the Hard Rock when it was on Kirby, There was always a line that lasted about 1 hour, so my group and I would each bring a bottle of champagne and drink and share it in the line. They didn't have a cover and had some decent local live music, and everywhere else in town was $50-$100 (early 90s). By the time we made it in, we had made some friends with our champagne and it was a pretty low-cost good time. Any other time, however, nobody ever wanted to go there...

I've just heard that there's going to bea House Of Blues Downtown. It's gonna be part of The Houston Pavillions.

It's no secret. Bring it on! We'll be the 11th city to have a House of Blues. The first House of Blues in Texas (Dallas has the Smirnoff Music Centre).

Check out the Houston Pavillions thread for more info. This should be a hot attraction :)

By the way, here's the other cities with a House Of Blues...

Anaheim

Chicago

Cleveland

Atlantic City

Las Vegas

Myrtle Beach

New Orleans

Orlando

Sunset Strip (L.A.)

San Diego

(and in 2007, Houston)

Check out the cities WITHOUT a House Of Blues. Should make us feel good, huh?! B)

Edited by DJ V Lawrence

Midtowners could just buy the stuff at Spec's and make their own cold sandwiches, couldn't they?

Pret blows Spec's sandwiches away. I can only eat the Spec's Midtowner roast beef so many times.

I like Spec's, but their lunch counter leaves a lot to be desired. I think they have had the same 6 sandwiches for 10 years now.

I wouldn't count on Planet Hollywood expanding anywhere. They've almost completely bled out. The one in Times Square does good business with high school tour groups and clueless Iowans. I've been as a chaperone for a HS group of about 60 people and we waited in line with four other similar groups to be seated. As we were leaving, the same line had filled up with four or five more groups. I don't see it really being a draw unto itself, if you didn't get a dinner there as part of a package.

The one here was library-quiet all the time, I hear, though I only went once.

Hard Rock is in similar shape. They do okay in smaller markets with big tourist influxes, like Salt Lake City, during ski season. But in the bigger cities, Hard Rocks have pretty much passed their prime. I used to love New Year's Eve at the Hard Rock when it was on Kirby, There was always a line that lasted about 1 hour, so my group and I would each bring a bottle of champagne and drink and share it in the line. They didn't have a cover and had some decent local live music, and everywhere else in town was $50-$100 (early 90s). By the time we made it in, we had made some friends with our champagne and it was a pretty low-cost good time. Any other time, however, nobody ever wanted to go there...

Where was that Hard Rock on Kirby? I was talking about that the other day, and I couldn't remeber were it was. I was thinking something like that Mia Thais place or something, but I have no idea. I was a long time ago when I went there.

Pret blows Spec's sandwiches away. I can only eat the Spec's Midtowner roast beef so many times.

I like Spec's, but their lunch counter leaves a lot to be desired. I think they have had the same 6 sandwiches for 10 years now.

They do have a very small selection considering the selection of meats and cheeses they offer, but the Turkey-Bacon Sub is on point.

I was just abbout to post this but you beat me to it Plastic.

http://www.bizjournals.com/losangeles/stor...html?from_rss=1

Dallas is about to open theres this spring: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_Blues

Someone needs to add Houston to that list now.

Edited by citykid09

Hi Everyone,

I've been visiting this forum for a while, but this is my first post. Anyways, it looks like they really will make a big announcement tomorrow, based on the Chronicle.

-------------------------

Jan. 24, 2006, 8:12PM

Houston Pavilions signs first big tenant

Helluva first post. I don't know of too many people who could top it.

Yes, the Hard Rock was next to Page Parkes and across from the street from Jalapenos. It was in that Jefferson Memorial style building that became Fire and Ice after the Hard Rock left. I tried to go to Jalapenos the other night and found out it was closed. Aren't they doing something with that area there where the restaraunt was and the River Oaks Tennis Club or whatever else was over there? I know the Page Parkes building is going to be that new high rise place.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

There was just a live report on the 5 PM news on ABC 13. They had brief interviews with Geoff Jones and Bob Eury, and they showed a 3D scale model as well. Watch Ch. 13 at 6 PM for more news!

Some forum members like myself are out if the country can some one give us a synopsis of what was said. Yeah I know, what ever was said will eventually get out. Just can

Edited by Houstonian in Iraq

A little late KID, someone beat you to it already. Keep up man! ;)

Hi Everyone,

I've been visiting this forum for a while, but this is my first post. Anyways, it looks like they really will make a big announcement tomorrow, based on the Chronicle.

-------------------------

Jan. 24, 2006, 8:12PM

Houston Pavilions signs first big tenant

By NANCY SARNOFF

Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

A proposed $200 million real estate project near the convention center has landed its first big tenant, moving the project a step closer to reality.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/3610169.html

Edited by tierwestah