GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

I'm completely naive when it comes to large commercial real estate deals. I have to guess though that there is a lot of negotiation going on with lots of money at stake. I don't think satisfying your, or my timetable is priority number 1 right now.

Edited by jt16

Agreed. However, we should invite one of their reps to begin participating in this thread. Maybe when they realize all of the interest and anxiety that exists, they'll be moved to make an announcement! Yeah! That's it!....

The 10 year lease agreement is a good positive sign.

There's a good buzz, good buzz....

so a little birdie told me to pick up the Chronicle this wednesday and watch the news broadcats b/c the plans will be announced. (Jan 25th)

You can't just post something like that and expect people to believe you.

I at least I posted the email response I received from the guy on their website

We will be having a major announcement about the project on January 19th, with other major tenant announcements to follow shortly thereafter. I apologize for not being able to give you any more information now, but we wanted everything buttoned up before giving out the details, which is certainly out of the norm for large real estate projects. Since the Houston Pavilions is such a large project, we wanted to diminish the naysayers with everything in place. Thanks for your interest in the project.

Bill Denton

If we haven't heard any major anouncements by the 26th I'll email Mr Denton to see what he has to say.

Edit: Just sent another email to Mr Denton today the 23 Jan

We had to reschedule to the 25th.

Bill Denton

short and to the point. Edited by Houstonian in Iraq

You can't just post something like that and expect people to believe you.

I at least I posted the email response I received from the guy on their website

If we haven't heard any major anouncements by the 26th I'll email Mr Denton to see what he has to say.

I don't really care if anyone believes me. I was just trying to add what i was told to the conversation.

I don't really care if anyone believes me. I was just trying to add what i was told to the conversation.

I think what HII was getting at was. People on this forum try to post legitimate information and try to discuss it in a mature manner. Information is usually from a credible source. If some one's not sure or thinks it's just hearsay that person would say so and some one will try to confirm or dismiss it. I believe he was trying to get you to elaborate on your "little birdie" to cut down on hearsay and gossip.

It came straight from the horse's mouth, or if i need to elaborate, Mr Denton. I asked a friend involved with the project and afterwards I e-mailed Mr. Denton. Anyone can contact him and inquire, i'm confident you'll get the same answer I did. His e-mail is listed on the homepage for the pavillions.

It came straight from the horse's mouth, or if i need to elaborate, Mr Denton. I asked a friend involved with the project and afterwards I e-mailed Mr. Denton. Anyone can contact him and inquire, i'm confident you'll get the same answer I did. His e-mail is listed on the homepage for the pavillions.

Denton was the one who told HiI it would announce on the 19th.

The plate in my head told me a little bird told it that her sister's best friend's hair dresser's mother's dog told her horse's...WAIT!!!...hang on...OMG!!!!...my plate just told me the new da_____________ :wacko:

B)

Edited by nmainguy

Denton was the one who told HiI it would announce on the 19th.

The plate in my head told me a little bird told it that her sister's best friend's hair dresser's mother's dog told her horse's...WAIT!!!...hang on...OMG!!!!...my plate just told me the new da_____________ :wacko:

B)

Oh, this must be the "mature way to discuss projects" that i was told we need to maintain since my "little birdie" comment caused so much distress. A simple "Denton has changed the dates a few times" would of sufficed perfectly.

From Pret:

Thanks so much for your comments, and your enthusiastic offer to help! We are working hard to grow, but unfortunately right now we are staying in New York. If we venture out south we will make sure to let you know. Thanks again for your comments.

Man, that sucks. Hopefully they venture down here soon though.

Hi Everyone,

I've been visiting this forum for a while, but this is my first post. Anyways, it looks like they really will make a big announcement tomorrow, based on the Chronicle.

-------------------------

Jan. 24, 2006, 8:12PM

Houston Pavilions signs first big tenant

By NANCY SARNOFF

Copyright 2006 Houston Chronicle

A proposed $200 million real estate project near the convention center has landed its first big tenant, moving the project a step closer to reality.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/chronicle/3610169.html

Sweet! Exactly what they need. A big name nationally, that is unavailable anywhere else in town, that will draw people to the center from all over town.

I like the thought of blues in downtown. Nothing against hip-hop, but Downtown was starting to get typecast as only hip-hop. Those of us who don't live for it have few other nightlife options.

I look forward to more of these announcements.

Will this be the first actual House of Blues in Texas? I've never been, but I've been told I have to go to their Sunday Gospel Brunch, I guess that is something they're famous for. And if they're gonna be calling Galveston the "Little Easy", they why shouldn't there be a House of Blues around as well!

Man, that sucks. Hopefully they venture down here soon though.

Regarding Pret a Manger...

Pret is good, but it's pretty ordinary. Midtowners could just buy the stuff at Spec's and make their own cold sandwiches, couldn't they?

Also, I may be wrong on this, but isn't the US operation a McDonald's-owned venture? They've done alright with Chipotle, I guess, but I can't help but worry, when I see what Wendy's has done to Cafe Express.

I've passed by many Prets in NYC, but never stopped in. I've tried several in London and one in, I think, Gare du Nord in Paris. In Europe, the quality was consistent and the value was surprisingly good, considering the convenience factor. Yeah, they'd be a good fit for Downtown, but sadly, would probably need to locate to the tunnels to get the kind of traffic they'd need.

Edited by dalparadise

The HOB news is huge! At the one in LA, the place is literally a small bar during happy hour. Then, at showtime, the ENTIRE ROOM splits in half by hydraulics, or something, and opens up to the main stage below. Then, the room you were just in becomes the balcony for the show club.

It's a little disorienting if you've been drinking, but very cool.

This is much more than a Hard Rock or a Planet Hollywood. This is a real destination for locals, too -- a good fit for a city that has comparatively few tourists. Plus, it's more of an entertainment venue than a restaurant/bar, where the others lean more toward being themed restaurants.

HP is off and running! Keep it going!

The HOB news is huge! At the one in LA, the place is literally a small bar during happy hour. Then, at showtime, the ENTIRE ROOM splits in half by hydraulics, or something, and opens up to the main stage below. Then, the room you were just in becomes the balcony for the show club.

This is much more than a Hard Rock or a Planet Hollywood. This is a real destination for locals, too -- a good fit for a city that has comparatively few tourists. Plus, it's more of an entertainment venue than a restaurant/bar, where the others lean more toward being themed restaurants.

Anyone have an idea when more information might be available? Did the one poster ever hear back from the developer in regard to blueprints of the site?

First off, Thanks Transit Nut!!!

Second, Welcome to page 18.

Now third: I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR A HOUSE OF BLUES IN HOUSTON!!!! It will be a hit!!!

This will NOT be easy, but it'd be MAD sweet if Planet Hollywood reopened in Houston. There's only 5 locations in the states (Honolulu,Myrtle Beach, Orlando, NYC, and L.Vegas). Three east coast. One near west. One in Hawaii. If the guys wanted a good location, I would imagine this would be their prime opportunity. I'd love to see that happen.

But even if it doesn't happen, HOB will be hot!!!

I also wonder if Bayou Place/Hard Rock Cafe will have to add or do anything to keep up. Think there's enough profit to go around?