Camden McGowen Station & Midtown Park At 2727 Travis St.

Subdude

ughh, thats a bummer. dont they have the parking garage to the south of their building to park in? i was hoping for some high rises in midtown in the future to connect the downtown skyline with the museum district and medical center. i guess there are other old buildings and parking lots around to build on.. that lot just really reminded me of the prime lots in NYC around Central Park where they have a few very tall buildings book ending the park.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

why do they keep pushing it back? That's a whole nother year from now.

First it was supposed to break ground springtime this year, then they pushed it back to springtime 2014, now its to Fall/Winter 2014? Sheesh

I'd chalk this one up as another Shamrock.

Ric Campo sucks.

Edited by Howard Huge
  • Like 1

The small park on the other side is new information isn't it? Pretty sweet, I think that's a great idea. I also like that the big park has swings, making it a little more family friendly. This whole thing seems like it's gonna be a great addition to the neighborhood.

However, what are those white fences on the first floor? Are they private patios or what? They don't look so good so far.

"However, the ones who held on to the land for years are now starting to develop, including Camden Property Trust (NYSE: CPT) with its Superblock project, which is expected to break ground mid-2014 after almost 12 years of purchasing and holding land."

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/print-edition/2013/05/10/midtown-and-development-a-love-story.html?page=2

I guess I'm just too dumb to understand what's going on here?

So... "Super Block Park" is a no-go.  We're getting another 7 floor wood framed over parking apartment tower with rents of 1,500+ for a studio apartment with maybe some ground floor stuff?  And we're getting a small park space along Anita?  I guess that's good at least?

...no.

This has always been described as a collaboration between midtown and camden. There was never going to be a full superblock sized park.

What we're getting is a park (larger than a normal midtown block) along Anita, a small park along mcgowan, and multifamily in between.

If anything, this is actually more park space than was originally indicated.

I'm particularly interested in the sculpture garden and market space along main. Hopefully the Midtown management district is responsible for the design of that, and not Camden.

"However, the ones who held on to the land for years are now starting to develop, including Camden Property Trust (NYSE: CPT) with its Superblock project, which is expected to break ground mid-2014 after almost 12 years of purchasing and holding land."

http://www.bizjournals.com/houston/print-edition/2013/05/10/midtown-and-development-a-love-story.html?page=2

Ok, that's what I thought.... mid to late 2014. Still good to see it coming either way.

• 2 weeks later...

The small park on the other side is new information isn't it? Pretty sweet, I think that's a great idea. I also like that the big park has swings, making it a little more family friendly. This whole thing seems like it's gonna be a great addition to the neighborhood.

However, what are those white fences on the first floor? Are they private patios or what? They don't look so good so far.

They switched the side the park was going to be on. The old renderings and proposals had the park facing McGowan.

• 2 weeks later...