PNC Plaza At 2200 Post Oak Blvd. & Mixed-Use At 2120 Post Oak Blvd.

lockmat

Wow, Galleria area is gonna have a little building boom. This project, M-Square (not sure when that’s going up though), plus the 3(?) residential towers…am I missing anything else! There’ll be quite a lot of towers popping up here! 🙌

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, BEES?! said:

Wow, Galleria area is gonna have a little building boom. This project, M-Square (not sure when that’s going up though), plus the 3(?) residential towers…am I missing anything else! There’ll be quite a lot of towers popping up here! 🙌

4944 Woodway possibly?

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/47408-4944-woodway-dr-land-for-sale/

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BEES?! said:

The growth in this area from Post Oak to Arabella to PNC (BBVA) to BHP is just impressive. I have worked in this area for 7 years and have seen around 12 towers go up.

• Like 6

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I feel like so many of these 30-ish story residential high rises look the same. It’s not grand but it’s not ugly. I just sort of feel so-so about most of the shit that has gone up in uptown/downtown. No?

Edited by wxman
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, wxman said:

I feel like so many of these 30-ish story residential high rises look the same. It’s not grand but it’s not ugly. I just sort of feel so-so about most of the shit that has gone up in uptown/downtown. No?

Amegy & Aspire had a Hannover baby. I dig it. It's nice filler. Certainly cleaner and not cheap looking like most of the stuff we get. The views from the higher and south facing units will be amazing. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, wxman said:

I think of it as a 2010’s (yes, bleeding into the 2020’s now) version of what the Parklane, Spires, Houstonian hotel, and the Bristol were for the early 80’s. Similar design, not offensive, but not impressive either. 

• Like 2

On 6/24/2022 at 3:24 PM, wxman said:

That's a Tel Aviv complaint. Maybe in other places, but it's not like those Chinese high-rises.

Edited by toxtethogrady
  • Like 2

• The title was changed to PNC Plaza & 2120 Post Oak Blvd. Mixed-Use
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Beau11b said:

Its interesting that this doesn't incorporate the back "lot" into the use. 

The other previous renderings all show a shiny new building back there. I wonder what use that will ever get.

Capture.JPG

That's because that rear lot was always meant to accommodate a third building. When this site was initially planned, there were three separate buildings planned for it. It will probably be up to a third developer to develop that final lot sometime in the future.

• Like 7