The Post Oak Hotel At Uptown Houston At 1600 West Loop S.

King Owl

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2016 at 9:41 PM, swtsig said:

good god astoria is hideous.

I totally agree.  But, it would be much more attractive if they removed that god-awful crown thingy at the top.  Should be easy enough to do.  Consider this my own personal request to the owner of the building to fix this and soon ! Please.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ArtNsf said:

I totally agree.  But, it would be much more attractive if they removed that god-awful crown thingy at the top.  Should be easy enough to do.  Consider this my own personal request to the owner of the building to fix this and soon ! Please.

^^^ boy do i concur.  that highly ridiculous logo crown thingy thing just takes the LUXURY out of this proposed luxury hotel.  in plain words, it looks silly!  they need to redesign this most prominent feature (crown) of this hotel into something that is seamless and beautiful.....

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ArtNsf said:

The crown looks halfway acceptable from the from. From every other angle it is a mess. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

header1.jpg

^^^ it is going to cost some SERIOUS money to lodge at this burgeoning property.  i cannot wait until the actual unveiling of the hotel flag/brand that shall ultimately identify this future hospitality/entertainment masterpiece.  WOW!  just wow...... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, monarch said:

header1.jpg

^^^ it is going to cost some SERIOUS money to lodge at this burgeoning property.  i cannot wait until the actual unveiling of the hotel flag/brand that shall ultimately identify this future hospitality/entertainment masterpiece.  WOW!  just wow...... 

Is it expected to have a flag, other than "The Post Oak"?  I thought not.

• Like 1

I see this one everyday so I know what it looks like. I am just saying that aside from the elevator shaft, which can be hidden in the crown, a new floor construction has not taken place in weeks. Prior to Christmas, new floors were being constructed every 7-10 days. Additionally, if you look at Urbannizer's photo near the top of the page, which shows the top of the building, I don't see any areas to attach new rebar for pillars from the previous floor. Maybe it hasn't topped out but they haven't built a new floor in 2017.

• Like 2