Google Satellite Imagery Updates

flipper

I drove past the google mobile this afternoon on I-10 at the beltway/Gessner. Hope I make it into the next streetview!!

I drove past a Bing mobile on Jones Road like a week ago. What a waste.

I drove past the Bing car on Cullen and 45 near UH and then drove past the Google car on Mason in Katy. Must be a really chill job.

• 5 months later...

For those interested, Google Earth is now updated to March 2016!

- Tower updates!

- Grand Parkway is now complete to the points where it is complete!!

- 290 construction!!!

Well, I doubt some of you would be interested in that last part. It's not nearly as interesting as the Katy Freeway expansion, though still stinks.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, IronTiger said:

For those interested, Google Earth is now updated to March 2016!

- Tower updates!

- Grand Parkway is now complete to the points where it is complete!!

- 290 construction!!!

Well, I doubt some of you would be interested in that last part. It's not nearly as interesting as the Katy Freeway expansion, though still stinks.

Thanks!

• 3 years later...
2 hours ago, nate4l1f3 said:

Why am I not seeing the update 

You have to push the "show historical imagery" button on the tool bar. When you do, the satellite imagery will change to 2-23-19.

That being said, you won't see any updates on the 3-D imagery that normally pops up in Google Earth. That probably won't be updated for another 2-3 years.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CaptainJilliams said:

You have to push the "show historical imagery" button on the tool bar. When you do, the satellite imagery will change to 2-23-19.

That being said, you won't see any updates on the 3-D imagery that normally pops up in Google Earth. That probably won't be updated for another 2-3 years.

Oooo ok.  The 3D imagery was what I thought  was updated.  Thanks. 

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Updated Google Satellite Imagery
  • The topic was pinned
25 minutes ago, Luminare said:

If y'all really want to see something cool. I haven't seen my google update yet for Downtown. While searching for it I ran into this site:

https://zoom.earth

Its a live satellite that is constantly updating. Check it out.

Dude, this is awesome! Thank you. Their satellite imagery is also more up to date in the suburbs than Google.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, brijonmang said:

Dude, this is awesome! Thank you. Their satellite imagery is also more up to date in the suburbs than Google.

Dude Microsoft has seriously stepped up there game when it comes to maps. Been also keeping up with there soon to be released Flight Simulator 2020. The map tech in that is absurd haha Like very close to reality its scary.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Luminare said:

If y'all really want to see something cool. I haven't seen my google update yet for Downtown. While searching for it I ran into this site:

At the 50,000 foot level it shows June 2020 but when I zoom in it reverts to older passes.

• Like 1

Cool site, but the claim of June 2020 at 50,000 feet is a lie.  They haven't even built runway 8L/26R at IAH (built around 2002), or the northeast part of the Sam Houston Tollway (built around 2010), among other things, at that view, despite it claiming June 2020.  Those images are probably a lot closer to June 2000!

• Like 4

On 6/19/2020 at 5:25 PM, Luminare said:

Thanks for sharing this link. So helpful for me. Nice to be able to toggle between shots within the last year. 

On 6/19/2020 at 5:57 PM, Luminare said:

Dude Microsoft has seriously stepped up there game when it comes to maps. Been also keeping up with there soon to be released Flight Simulator 2020. The map tech in that is absurd haha Like very close to reality its scary.

I'll have to check that out.  The last time I played Flight Simulator it looked like this...

Msfs1.00_000.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

• 5 months later...
On 6/25/2020 at 11:32 AM, skooljunkie said:

Thanks for sharing this link. So helpful for me. Nice to be able to toggle between shots within the last year. 

That Zoom link is useful, but I notice that the most recent imagery appears to be November 2019. Google appears to have images from 2020, but in some spots, Zoom's are more recent.

And so it appears that Zoom has branched out...

• Like 1

• The title was changed to Google Satellite Imagery Updates
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Google Satellite Imagery Updates
  • The topic was pinned
  • 3 weeks later...