Anything You Want

gwilson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well, recently, one of my cousins who lived in Houston moved out, giving me one less reason to like Houston as a city. sad.gif (hopefully I can get that point back, though)

In other news, though, I will say that during that period where I made a bunch of, shall we say, lackluster posts*, it didn't continue with a thread talking about what a terrible member I was. Or a total ban where PMs are ignored.

You guys aren't jerks, and jerks who deserve their forum to be imploded, and I thank you for that. notworthy.gif

* understatement

Edited by IronTiger

Well, recently, one of my cousins who lived in Houston moved out, giving me one less reason to like Houston as a city. sad.gif (hopefully I can get that point back, though)

In other news, though, I will say that during that period where I made a bunch of, shall we say, lackluster posts*, it didn't continue with a thread talking about what a terrible member I was. Or a total ban where PMs are ignored.

You guys aren't jerks, and jerks who deserve their forum to be imploded, and I thank you for that. notworthy.gif

* understatement

Welcome back. Hope things are going better for you now.

What's going on with The Weather Channel?

It used to be a reliable source for (of all things) weather updates. When a thunderstorm is approaching, I don't want to see a documentary about some 1950's hurricane. I want to see the current radar.

It used to be a reliable source for (of all things) weather updates. When a thunderstorm is approaching, I don't want to see a documentary about some 1950's hurricane. I want to see the current radar.

I haven't watched the weather channel in years. If I want info I can't wait until the 8s, I just do the website and get it all right now. Weather isn't that exciting. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut way down on the on air talent in favor of keeping the updates on the 8s and random documentaries.

Edited by 20thStDad

I hear you. But I will say the weather app (iPhone and prolly now on Android too..) has some great features. If you have a smart phone I would definitely check out their free app.

I haven't watched the weather channel in years. If I want info I can't wait until the 8s, I just do the website and get it all right now. Weather isn't that exciting. I wouldn't be surprised if they cut way down on the on air talent in favor of keeping the updates on the 8s and random documentaries.

There was a news channel awhile back when I lived in DC. It's premise was local news all the time. I think it was simply News Channel 8 and was kind of like CNN and Fox where they show news all day. It eventually got sickening to watch with stories just being repeated all day. I mean, how many times can you watch the same piece knowing that it's canned content.

Just tune into NOAA radio at 162.4 MHz. I listen to its online counterpart sometimes when I need a white noise to drown out a roommate or the neighbor's dog.

Just tune into NOAA radio at 162.4 MHz. I listen to its online counterpart sometimes when I need a white noise to drown out a roommate or the neighbor's dog.

I do like the radio broadcasts when it's hunker-down time. Something about the sound just makes it feel like something bad-ass is gonna go down.

I do like the radio broadcasts when it's hunker-down time. Something about the sound just makes it feel like something bad-ass is gonna go down.

I wouldn't know anything about that. When hurricanes come from one direction, I just go camping in the other. My tent walls in Del Rio usually turn out better than brick walls in Houston.

My secret vice is those police chase video shows - you know, COPS, Wildest Police Videos, etc.

What kills me is that a suspect, who is armed, has just robbed a bank, hijacked a car, is driving 90 mph, running stop signs and red lights, trying to knock police cars off the road ...

... and during this high-speed pursuit, what does he do? He politely uses his turn signals. I've seen it over and over again. Crooks seem to be more conscientious than the average Houston driver.

I can see them pleading in front of the judge: "But, your Honor, you'll notice that I used my turn signal before speeding through that playground."

• 1 month later...

Spec's recently bought a local liquor chain in town. The irony is that one of the local liquor chain stores was located on Texas Avenue for years, and then Spec's opened literally across the street...

There is only "irony" in that if you are a fan of Alanis Morissette.:rolleyes:

HYPOTHETICALLY speaking of course...

What kind of trouble would one be if one would, in theory, dump ashes in a sports stadium, without prior permission?

I suppose it would depend on what kind of ash and how its distributed, and if its grass or Astroturf.

And by what kind of ash, I'm wondering if its the "stuff I burned last night" type or the "Great Aunt Gertrude" type that fits in an urn.

• 3 weeks later...

Just looked up "The battle for Gotham : New York in the shadow of Robert Moses and Jane Jacobs" at the Houston Public Library website. Here's what showed up in "Related Searches":

batman city planning comic books strips etc deadpool fantasy fiction good and evil graphic novels heroes jane jacobs joker justice league of america mentally ill offenders robert moses science fiction comic books strips etc superhero comic books strips etc superheroes superman urban renewal urbanization violent offenders wonder woman young adult fiction

Ain't technology wonderful? (Although, 'good and evil' might fit the bill...)