811 Main: Office Skyscraper At 811 Main St.

houstonfella

• 5 weeks later...

If by signature skyline view, you mean the view from Allen Parkway/Memorial, probably not much if any impact. From almost any other view, I think it will have a pretty strong impact.

The view from East End will probably be the strongest. Yippee!

Wow! Thanks.

Two things. i have been waiting for this tower with bated breath. It will be my new favorite if it is anything like the rendering. Do you think that the public can go to the upper balcony??

AND how i wish i could get a SimCity to look like that second pix.! :P

m.

That second photo is odd, and I've just realized why. They completely redesigned the freeways and the areas outside downtown. The actual downtown part is Houston, but the rest of that rendering is somewhere else entirely.

That second photo is odd, and I've just realized why. They completely redesigned the freeways and the areas outside downtown. The actual downtown part is Houston, but the rest of that rendering is somewhere else entirely.

I thought something looked off in that picture.

Here is more: http://www.mainplacehouston.com/Photography.html

• 2 weeks later...

Well, there are other buildings that allow people into their sky lobbies (Chase, Wells Fargo), so maybe it's not totally out of the question. Although maybe there are more safety concerns with a balcony that high or something.