811 Main: Office Skyscraper At 811 Main St.

houstonfella

Very nice pics. I like this building a lot, even tho' it doesn't have a major impact on the DT skyline from most angles. I think most of us expected that, anyway. In another location, away from so many other tall buildings, it would really stand out.

I'd like to think that the parties behind this building will be rewarded for their willingness to invest in good design ... which might motivate others (when the market improves) to take that into consideration, as well.

Very nice pics. I like this building a lot, even tho' it doesn't have a major impact on the DT skyline from most angles. I think most of us expected that, anyway. In another location, away from so many other tall buildings, it would really stand out.

I'd like to think that the parties behind this building will be rewarded for their willingness to invest in good design ... which might motivate others (when the market improves) to take that into consideration, as well.

Yeah, like this.

1-31.jpg

Flickr

• Like 1

This gives you an idea of how it will impact the skyline from Buffalo Bayou / Allan Parkway. It won't be the first building you see, but it will fill in the gap between some of the other buildings.

img5981w.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've read with interest the comments about how this building will contribute to Houston's skyline, and find myself in agreement with the great majority of them.

Strangely, no one seems interested on its impact at street level. During certain times of day, that lovely curved glass can send some brutal reflections into the eyes of pedestrians (and, one assumes, motorists.)

I'm just sayin'....

i know it is posted somewhere, but i am at my desk being lazy.

How much higher does it have to go, say in relation to One Shell Plaza? Not so much concerned about floor count, but height left to go 'til completion.

Thanks,

m B)

i know it is posted somewhere, but i am at my desk being lazy.

How much higher does it have to go, say in relation to One Shell Plaza? Not so much concerned about floor count, but height left to go 'til completion.

Thanks,

m cool.gif

I am watching this sucker go up and it looks like they are just finishing the 45th floor. There is one more on top of this and then the roof. About 40 or so feet to go by my guess -- equivilent of four floors.

I am watching this sucker go up and it looks like they are just finishing the 45th floor. There is one more on top of this and then the roof. About 40 or so feet to go by my guess -- equivilent of four floors.

Awesome! i thought it looked close to being topped out. This is still my newest favorite in DT (in comparison to Hess, OPP, the Marriot etc.) The only thing is that i wish developers would build larger scrapers on the outer rim of DT so they can be seen better from the freeways and keep the smaller ones around what's left of the core of DT. But alas, i know several factors go into WHERE scrapers are developed.....my wishes are certainly not one of them! :lol: