811 Main: Office Skyscraper At 811 Main St.

houstonfella

I'm sure that Im' mistaken but from all the renderings of MP it looks like there should have been more floors. Maybe it's just eyes deceiving me, it just seems like the amount of floors above the recessed area would be the same as the recessed area itself.

I'm sure that Im' mistaken but from all the renderings of MP it looks like there should have been more floors. Maybe it's just eyes deceiving me, it just seems like the amount of floors above the recessed area would be the same as the recessed area itself.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the rendering at the construction site. The only thing I could think of is that they decided to move the sky garden higher on the building.

I was thinking the same thing when I saw the rendering at the construction site. The only thing I could think of is that they decided to move the sky garden higher on the building.

This is just the structural topping-out. I would suspect that it'll look more proportionate to the renderings once they've put mechanical systems in place as well as extra curtainwall to cover mechanical from view.

This is just the structural topping-out. I would suspect that it'll look more proportionate to the renderings once they've put mechanical systems in place as well as extra curtainwall to cover mechanical from view.

From what I've seen of the rendering, it does appear that there should be about 8 floors. What you say is quite logical, so if it is a curtain of sorts, it is going to blend in quite well.

It is technically topped out. What they are building now are the mechanical floors that won't house any more office space.

Not to mince words, but if they building mechanical floors on top of what is in place, then it is not technically topped out. As long as they have not placed the highest piece of structure it has not topped out.

Edited by Houston19514

So is there going to be any street-level retail for Main Place?

Ok, this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay late, but I haven't read any posts in a few weeks. Anyway, the manager of the hotel across the street from Main Place told me that Banana Republic is rumored to be street-level retail. I'll believe it when I see it!

Ok, this is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay late, but I haven't read any posts in a few weeks. Anyway, the manager of the hotel across the street from Main Place told me that Banana Republic is rumored to be street-level retail. I'll believe it when I see it!

If you are right, i'll make sure to buy as much as possible from this store to see it survive... this would be really good news.

• Like 1