811 Main: Office Skyscraper At 811 Main St.

houstonfella

This may be deserve it's own thread since it looks like they've kinda started. Through the netting, the lights inside were a bit easier to see since I guess the windows on those floors have been removed. Here's a photo from this afternoon.

DSC00839.jpg

Yeah looks like something is going down here, we might just need to start a new thread here.

The building's got potential, residential would be ideal. We shall see.

I don't think its going to be residential? Is El Paso moving out?

They are just doing a major rehab of the building from what I've heard from my sources. It hasn't been touched since the 60's or 70's, so they are basically gutting it floor by floor and then rebuilding it out. I think they are going to redo the tunnel area as well as renovating the lobby area to make it more modern, which should be visible to the outside the way the building is. I don't think there are any other exterior changes planned, but I could be wrong. Definitely not converting to residential though.

They are just doing a major rehab of the building from what I've heard from my sources. It hasn't been touched since the 60's or 70's, so they are basically gutting it floor by floor and then rebuilding it out. I think they are going to redo the tunnel area as well as renovating the lobby area to make it more modern, which should be visible to the outside the way the building is. I don't think there are any other exterior changes planned, but I could be wrong. Definitely not converting to residential though.

I hope they are keeping the drive-thru fountain! B)

Thought you would be interested in a few dates:

1) Mat pour - starts tonight around midnight. ~1,000 trucks, 6-7 pumpers, 12,000+ CYs.

2) First tower crane - goes up next weekend

3) Second tower crane - goes up following weekend.

4) Third crane is later this year.

Thought you would be interested in a few dates:

1) Mat pour - starts tonight around midnight. ~1,000 trucks, 6-7 pumpers, 12,000+ CYs.

2) First tower crane - goes up next weekend

3) Second tower crane - goes up following weekend.

4) Third crane is later this year.

Pretty exciting... it'll be nice to have some more cranes downtown. Although, it will never compare to the medical center... where I counted at least 12 cranes last week.

What? No Stadium seating?

That sucks. :(

Haha. That's funny. BUT, exactly what i was thinking. When i came back to LA after my summer jaunt in H-town, i was asked by friends what all i did while there. One of the things i said was going DT to see all the rebar; to which they replied,

"You're a dork!" SIGH Not everyone shares our enthusiasm for such things. Oh well, more sidewalk space for us to watch development!

m. B)

^^^agree 100%. Yes, i like seeing the finished product, but i enjoy the construction phase just as much. In my temporary neck of the woods (North Hollywood, CA) they just put up a crane for yet another highrise. i watched them move it in during the early AM hours and watched as they assembled it the rest of the day. Pure joy. i can't wait to visit Houston this Thankgiving. How many floors do you think MainPlace will have by then? (provided all goes as planned) We should start a non monetary betting system on this forum regarding the floor count at certain times the next couple of years. What do you all think?

m. B)

• 1 month later...