Retail Center At 2600 Travis St.

EastMidtowner

Off topic but close.

The Reef restaurant building has some interesting construction going on overhead. (Pix) There used to be an outdoor music venue up there and this sort of looks like they are considerably expanding on it. The iron work went up last weekend. Anyone knows anything about this? As a "down noise" neighbor, I am not particularly excited about it.

20191104_125013_Burst01.jpg.a392caf9f8c0fe56bf630549ca7b4ca7.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Was traveling this past week and spent some time in Bratislava and came upon a cool coffee shop called Urban House http://www.urbanhouse.sk/

I think that you could convert El Real to a similar concept. Coffee shops in Montrose tend to do pretty well and you could do alcohol/food.

Urban House was a former small department store, but was still able to make it feel cosy.

Keeping old theater theme would of course be required.

Urban House

LUF21pk.jpg

T3aVxiW.png

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

I posted this back in November (albeit, well off topic for that discussion)

I don't know if Reef owns the building. but if so, their recent closing and business setbacks would seem to end any continuation of this construction. The area used to be an open air concert venue for Proof. The adjacent 'interior' walls are open to the air now, so I have no idea if this would have been a closed in space. There were 3-4 guys banging on the metal beams on Saturday (January 4) but they didn't seem to be be doing any real impact.

A mystery to me.

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, Brooklyn173 said:

I don't know if Reef owns the building

According to county tax records, it's owned by Central Houston Auto Properties LLC, which also owns 2520 and 2521 Main St.(Central Houston Cadillac).

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

https://abc13.com/6336926/

Houston may have a few rooftop bars, but none of them are quite like Rise Rooftop - a new nightclub slated to open in either late summer or early fall (assuming bars are allowed to be open). Formerly Proof, the 10,000-square-foot venue will feature a retractable roof. Installed at a cost of $1 million, the structure is 150 feet long and 45 feet wide.

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...