Montrose Collective: Office Building With Retail At 888 Westheimer Rd.

trymahjong

18 hours ago, hindesky said:

Working on Sunday

JAMY8XO.jpg

Look at that beautiful deep blue Texas sky over Houston.  Incredible.  I hope we can have many more beautiful skies like this for a while longer.  It's one of the very few positive effects of the pandemic and mainly due to the various quarantines and shutdowns in the past year.  In fact, I just read and article last week (NYT's or WaPo ?) that around the world, emissions are currently at 1990 levels in the large cities of the world, which is amazing.  I plan to be outside (distanced or away from any people) and enjoy it while it lasts.

In the meantime, this project seems to be moving a bit faster now and getting more exciting with each passing week of construction.  Houston is a powerhouse when it comes to getting almost impossible things done that others would scoff at during a recession and pandemic, even a major hurricane.

Edited by ArtNsf
fix grammer and add a couple of small clarifying sentences.
  • Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

Radom does small better than just about any other Houston developer, but new development in Houston cannot be truly small. This project shows the limit - designed to fit into the texture of the neighborhood, it nonetheless looms above it. Only if you are repurposing older buildings is small possible. Not sure if it's because of our building codes or parking demands or the economics of it or some combination of the three, but when they dig up Houston a few millennia from now, they are going to think that sometime around 1990 people went from averaging 5'10" 170 lbs to 7'0" 250 lbs.

Edited by H-Town Man
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, cityliving said:

0dOrYk4.jpgA1SLFIV.jpg

Radom is one of the most exciting developers to watch right now. I'm so excited that they are getting bigger and bolder with each successive project (Heights Mercantile, MKT, and now this project)! I'm sure I'm not the only one that can't wait to see what their next project is!

• Like 3