Texas Tower: 47-Story Office Tower At 845 Texas Ave.

democide

Yep! @Luminare you got it. 

Think of it it like a concrete pump extension. Primary pump is a street level and it booms up to a certain point. In order to actually get the concrete where you want it to go. You could either have the main boom swinging around or just pump it to a secondary boom and get it where you need it to go. 

Edited by Purdueenginerd
  • Like 5

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@hindesky @Purdueenginerd From my eyes it looks like they are getting a floor done between 1 1/2 weeks - 2 weeks. They are at around the 3rd level of parking (9 levels of parking total from the section I remember). You fellas think we should be seeing them get to the actual tower portion around beginning of October? Once they get there it should start rising faster as the floor plates and layouts are much simpler.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Luminare said:

@hindesky @Purdueenginerd From my eyes it looks like they are getting a floor done between 1 1/2 weeks - 2 weeks. They are at around the 3rd level of parking (9 levels of parking total from the section I remember). You fellas think we should be seeing them get to the actual tower portion around beginning of October? Once they get there it should start rising faster as the floor plates and layouts are much simpler.

Im not sure how much faster it will go. Yeah the floor plates will be simpler but... theyre going awfully fast already haha. 

• Like 6

16 hours ago, Luminare said:

That is pretty much what happened with 609 Main. Sped up when they got to the tower portion. I don't think it would be any different here.

Edited by H-Town Man
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, enriquewx91 said:

tbh we won't see it from this angle at the rate this is going up. The view will be blocked by the construction

No,  but we'll just get new angles from this view allowing us to see both. I'm confident that with our cadre of cameramen and women,  focused on this mission, we'll have great images of both coming out of the ground. 

• Like 2

There are some interesting photos on this page of the foundation pour for the Allied Bank Building (Wells Fargo Plaza), for those of you interested in foundation pours past and present. The technology has changed quite a bit.

http://www.cah.utexas.edu/db/dmr/gallery/gallery_bailey.php?gallery=buildings&collection=e_bb_&q=buildings&t=331&s=120

• Like 6

On 7/26/2019 at 7:47 AM, ekdrm2d1 said:

Saw a Con Forms Spider 18-3 placing boom hovering in the air yesterday.  At very first glace, I thought it was a huge drone :ph34r:

8zLUBC6.jpg

the NASA moon lander has become very advanced.

I can see in this guys office from my office:

hNTesWX.jpg

• Like 7

Unfortunate news this morning:

A man climbed the north crane overnight at some point and fell, killing him, according to police on site this morning. Workers found him dead on the top of the site.

It was grim seeing them use the crane to remove him to the ground.

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

Unknown, but police told me that the first call came in about 6:30 when workers were arriving to the site. The specific wording they used was the man "jumped or fell" after "crawling" on the crane. Sounded like it wasn't a worker to me, but neither police nor the Gilbane rep would confirm.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3