Texas Tower: Office Skyscraper At 845 Texas Ave.

democide

19 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

6 Houston has been dead quiet. Very little substance there for several years.

My money would be on 1 Market Square.  There is a huge shift to this part of downtown by the tenants these new buildings are trying to attract.  There was rumor of the Developer being in negotiations with a couple large tenants last year that would have met the pre-leasing requirement to start construction - I believe around 2024.  I am not sure of the current status, but as Texas Tower continues to fill up the availability for trophy Class A space considerably decreases.  I would not be surprised if more information came out later this year and this project broke ground in the next 12 - 18 months.  Just my opinion.

Thanks for the thoughts.   Any thoughts on the Bank of the Southwest block?  That bloc really needs a supertall... or to be turned into a beautiful and functional public square.

• Like 1

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Indeed.  It's actually probably not even close.  That is, Houston has had far more high rise construction than Austin.  I just did a quick check on Emporis for Houston and Austin high-rises ( stopped at 150') completed since 2010 or currently under construction.  Houston had 84.  Austin had about 37.

(On a side note; this is one of my pet peeves about Houstonians; they are so eager to go out of their way to diminish and disregard what their city has accomplished and is accomplishing.)

I think it sometimes appears that Austin has more because they are all concentrated downtown, since Austin zoning doesn't allow them to be built anywhere else. Whereas many of Houston's highrises are built with retirees in mind and located in some leafy neighborhood where it stares down on swimming pools and picket fences.

Yes, we know this about you. 🙂

19 hours ago, CREguy13 said:

6 Houston has been dead quiet. Very little substance there for several years.

My money would be on 1 Market Square.  There is a huge shift to this part of downtown by the tenants these new buildings are trying to attract.  There was rumor of the Developer being in negotiations with a couple large tenants last year that would have met the pre-leasing requirement to start construction - I believe around 2024.  I am not sure of the current status, but as Texas Tower continues to fill up the availability for trophy Class A space considerably decreases.  I would not be surprised if more information came out later this year and this project broke ground in the next 12 - 18 months.  Just my opinion.

If they are still planning to build pure office using the same design from 2013, they certainly win the award for stubbornness. That location screams for hotel and residential components, in addition to office.

• Like 5

This is kinda random, but it seems Hines has been announcing a new tower once they finish up the previous one, and I know it will still be awhile before Texas Tower is topped out, but any guesses at what block Hines would build on next? They do seem to prefer this area of downtown

• Like 1