SMUrban

On 9/10/2019 at 7:25 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

The plans for Bridge Market are back online at BCV Architecture's website. It was taken offline earlier this year, but was reupped either  in late July or early August. I saw it last month & forgot to post about it. 

http://bcvarch.com/projects/commercial-community/marketplaces/bridge-market-at-houston-center/ (archive link)

These are/were  redevelopment plans for The Shops at Houston Center  n downtown Houston, 1200 McKinney St.

The sidewalks on the east side if the Shops building were closed with construction barriers this weekend.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Originally posted August 19, 2018 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month due to a mod's "error". Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

Archive links to this threads of all posts from pages 2 and 3, with my comments and posts included.

There may be changes coming to The Shops at Houston Center in downtown Houston, 1200 McKinney St.

Renderings from BCV Architecture + Interiors' website show redevelopment plans for The Shops at Houston Center. JP Morgan / Trademark Properties are listed as clients.

From the website:

Bridge Market is the re-envisioning of the 130,000 SF third level of The Shops at Houston Center’s existing food court and interior retail mall. BCV's design positions Bridge Market as an eclectic new social space for Downtown, with sophisticated food and beverage offerings in a variety of distinct venues: Food Hall, Bridge Cafe and Garden Bar, Market Hall, and a grand central bar. 

The rest of Bridge Market provides space for gathering, relaxation and play in the Living Room and Nave. Curated retail spaces round out the complete package of services and amenities, all of which are designed to serve the adjacent co-working spaces, the entire Houston Center complex, and the Downtown area at large.

http://bcvarch.com/bridge-market-at-houston-center
https://web.archive.org/web/20180819200014/http://bcvarch.com/bridge-market-at-houston-center (archive link)

Edited by CrockpotandGravel
  • Like 2

Originally posted August 19, 2018 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month due to a mod's "error". Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

Archive links to this threads of all posts from pages 2 and 3, with my comments and posts included.

Renderings of Bridge Market at The Shops at Houston Center in downtown Houston, 1200 McKinney St.

The renderings are from the website of BCV Architecture + Interiors.

h6PlDav.jpg

cF06xPR.jpg

8gGZ89f.jpg

ge7XPCd.jpg

W7dYPQH.jpg

SuvFQPr.jpg

0wAykeE.jpg

eGl6A6q.jpg

• Like 3

Originally posted August 20, 2018 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month due to a mod's "error". Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

Archive links to this threads of all posts from pages 2 and 3, with my comments and posts included.

The renderings and plans for Bridge Market at The Shops at Houston Center could be old. Some of the other renderings I found in BCV Architecture + Interiors online portfolio dating back to 2014. The renderings don't have a date in their file info either.

Originally posted August 26, 2018 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month due to a mod's "error". Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

On 8/20/2018 at 12:38 PM, CrockpotandGravel said:

The renderings and plans for Bridge Market at The Shops at Houston Center could be old. Some of the other renderings I found in BCV Architecture + Interiors online portfolio dating back to 2014. The renderings don't have a date in their file info either.

Those renderings for Bridge Market at The Shops at Houston Center may not be old after all. Those may be plans for redeveloping the space.

I searched the Internet Archive through the Wayback Machine and this project wasn't on the site in 2017. It wasn't on the website either as recent as February of 2018.

Source:
https://web.archive.org/web/20180224024241/http://bcvarch.com:80/marketplaces

Now:
http://bcvarch.com/marketplaces
https://web.archive.org/web/20180926101539/http://bcvarch.com/marketplaces  (archive link)

This project must have been uploaded to the site in the last six months. Maybe plans of this redevelopment will be announced by the end of the year or early next year.

Originally posted August 26, 2018 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month due to a mod's "error". Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

Archive links to this threads of all posts from pages 2 and 3, with my comments and posts included before mods deleted all of my content.

On 12/19/2018 at 11:49 AM, swtsig said:

Brookfield is unveiling their plans for Houston Center 1/15, just FYI

The Houston Center website has a new look, promising new changes to go with the look of the website.

The heart of downtown Houston is changing. Planning is underway for a major redevelopment of Houston Center’s landmark 4.2M square foot office and retail campus. Brookfield Properties is making a significant capital investment that will raise the bar in the total tenant experience. Houston Center will be a modern and dynamic mixed use office campus with the amenities to retain and attract top talent.

Please check back in January 2019 for the unveiling of the redevelopment plans.

http://houstoncenter.com

Originally posted June 18, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month due to a mod's "error". Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

Archive links to this threads of all posts from pages 2 , 3, and 4 with my comments and posts included before mods deleted all of my content.

On 1/16/2019 at 9:50 AM, DrLan34 said:

More information:

https://www.chron.com/business/real-estate/article/Downtown-s-Houston-Center-prepares-for-makeover-13536779.php 

"Construction will begin next month and is expected to take nearly two years to complete."

Renderings of the Houston Center at 909 Fannin in downtown from the brochure posted previously in the forum here, which were hotlinked from this Houston Chronicle article. They're also uploaded to the website for Houston Center here:

http://houstoncenter.com/project/ (archive link)

Additional renderings and layout from the brochure not posted in the forum (lo-res images because the brochure is a scanned document):

Tenant Conferencing Room
5dLgjcS.jpg

Overhead view of Sky deck, Terrace, and Central Plaza
z8LkuEf.jpg

Proposed changes to 2 Houston Center and LyondellBasell Tower
ubmArR1.jpg

(direct link to full-sized, non-compressed image)

• Like 1

Originally posted June 18, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month due to a mod's "error". Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

Archive links to this threads of all posts from pages 2 , 3, and 4 with my comments and posts included before mods deleted all of my content.

On 1/16/2019 at 10:32 AM, DrLan34 said:

Screenshots of additional renderings of 2 Houston Center from the video linked above:

Sky Deck

sYeBpMa.jpg

VUIlfYU.jpg

M212zNf.jpg

EFj20GF.jpg

sXC7kqN.jpg

faH9070.jpg

• Like 1

Archive links to this threads of all posts from pages 2 , 3, and 4 with my comments and posts included before mods deleted all of my content.

On 1/16/2019 at 11:43 AM, mattyt36 said:

Page 4 of the PDF DrLan posted mentions nothing specific with regard to the Shops, which is strange when combined with lack of renderings.  I would've thought that would be one of the most prominent components given its uniqueness, but maybe they don't see much opportunity there.

I can't copy and paste but maybe someone will have better luck than I.  Synopsis:

-New central plaza and greenspace

-Renovation of LBT and 2 HC lobbies

-Reclad pedestrian bridges

-"Reshaping the retail and dining experience throughout Houston Center"

-New shared space design

-Conferencing and co-working venues

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/32092-houston-center-redevelopment/?do=findComment&comment=584031

On 1/16/2019 at 1:55 PM, H-Town Man said:

Open up The Shops at Houston Center more, I can't even tell what they're doing to it (do we know if the Villalobos renderings above are part of the project?).

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/32092-houston-center-redevelopment/?do=findComment&comment=584040

On 1/16/2019 at 3:23 PM, mattyt36 said:

If so, why keep under wraps at the grand unveiling and the initial distribution of the marketing materials? It usually works in the opposite direction.

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/32092-houston-center-redevelopment/?do=findComment&comment=584052

On 1/16/2019 at 8:08 PM, tigereye said:

Considering the the amount of leases Brookfield let expire causing closures, I’d say a renovation of the Park Shops is still likely. But I am surprised at the lack of details on this side of the project. Also, in the below render, you can see a sliver of the Park Shops, which looks to be at least reclad in a new material. The squared up design is similar to the renders on the Gibran Villalobos site. 

On 1/16/2019 at 10:39 AM, Urbannizer said:

1600x1200.jpg

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/32092-houston-center-redevelopment/?do=findComment&comment=584069

The updated brochure above and renderings shows upcoming renovations to the portion possibly called Bridge Market at 1200 McKinney St. That portion includes the 130,000 SF third level of The Shops at Houston Center’s existing food court and interior retail mall.

Plans for Bridge Market proposed retail, food hall & market , beer garden or a patio deck bar. That wasn't reported when Brookfield Property made the announcement. But the renderings and brochure show that Bridge Market in downtown Houston is moving forward. Plans for Bridge Market may probably be announced in the fall or at the top of 2020.

Archive links to this threads of all posts from pages 2 , 3, and 4 with my comments and posts included before mods deleted all of my content.

On 6/17/2019 at 11:38 PM, Urbannizer said:

Here's a rendering that shows us the final design concept for The Shops at Houston Center, provided by Transwestern

Leasing flyer is up as well: https://s3.amazonaws.com/transwestern-property/Flyers/37331b8a-1391-e911-80f5-caa232701e1a.pdf  (archive link)

K0M0Z4v.jpg

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/32092-houston-center-redevelopment/?do=findComment&comment=594127

Updated renderings (some posted from the Houston Chronicle article in January but are higher-res below) of The Shops at Houston Center in downtown Houston, 1200 McKinney St. This is the renovation project officially announced by Brookfield Property earlier this year.

Previous renderings and more about in past posts in this thread here, here , here, here, here .

McKinney St - Perspective View
JNFpYWu.jpg

Central Plaza along McKinney St.
QSAmJIB.jpg

Central Plaza at McKinney St.
Jzdlggu.jpg

YT8DufA.jpg

View of Central Plaza from Terrace
HhMbpbw.jpg

2 Houston Center entrance, McKinney & Fannin
vxzmLlY.jpg

LyondellBasell Tower lobby
YpAkBQJ.jpg

LyondellBasell lobby co-working
wqzDdrS.jpg

Houston Center Skydeck
VoQgR2O.jpg

• Like 1

Site plan for Houston Center Levels 1-4  ( includes 1 Houston Center , 2 Houston Center , 4 Houston Center, and Fullbright Tower)

From the updated brochure materials posted above.

Existing ground floor site plan

g1NKN3L.jpg

Proposed ground floor site plan

cVmq6V1.jpg

Proposed Site Plan - Level 2

CjcrUDn.jpg
(direct link to full size & non-compressed image)

Proposed Site Plan Level 3

vFd2VfT.png

Proposed Site Plan - Level 4

0kYwnCM.png

Proposed site plans for Houston Center Levels 1-4  ( includes 1 Houston Center , 2 Houston Center , 4 Houston Center, and Fullbright Tower)

From the updated brochure materials posted above.

Proposed Site Plan - West Section

o3TdIQy.jpg

Proposed Site Plan - East Section

tJCGHRJ.jpg

Proposed Site Plan of future restaurants and retail. This is the proposed Bridge Market (possible name) replacing The Shops at Houston Center at 1200 McKinney St in downtown Houston. Brookfield Properties didn't announce this part of the project during their presser in January. This has been discussed in this thread (posts linked below).

Mtg98RW.jpg

On 6/18/2019 at 3:30 AM, CrockpotandGravel said:

Proposed Site Plan - Level 2

CjcrUDn.jpg

The above site plans show the layout for the possibly named Bridge Market replacing The Shops at Houston Center at 1200 McKinney. This includes the proposed food hall ,  market , and beer garden or patio deck bar for the renovation of Houston Center.

4DImt3w.jpg
(direct link)

Bridge Market consists of 49,500 SF and a 1,800 SF outdoor patio. The food hall and market includes a grocer section and a produce market (discussed briefly on page 3 of this thread), a main restaurant, several food stations or food stalls, a wine bar, and possibly two bars.

The grocer section includes several aisles of shelves, an area dedicated to oils and cheeses, takeaway sections for groceries, seafood, salami, meats, and beverages.

The site plan shows the following restaurant concepts for the food hall & market:

- a pasta and pizza concept
- a seafood concept
- a crudo concept
- a meat concept
- a gastronomy concept
- a pizza lab
- a pasta restaurant
- a dessert shop
- an ice cream stall
- a beverage stall
- a mozzarella retail shop and lab

An Italian concept possibly named Cucina & Crudo
Wine Bar - possibly named Piazza
Main Bar - possibly named Bar Terra
Main restaurant with wine room - possibly named Terra Restaurant

Past posts about the possibly named Bridge Market are here and here. (this is no longer showing on BCV Architecture + Interiors' website, but the linked posts include an archive page)

Originally posted August 7, 2019 in this thread before all of my content were removed from the entire forum earlier this month due to a mod's "error". Reposting this throws off the flow of the thread (i.e. out of order),  still, it may be helpful for visitors to see what was previously discussed or shared before.

More on Brookfield Properties' Houston Center renovations in downtown Houston.

From Houston Business Journal in late July:

The lobbies of LyondellBasell Tower and 2 Houston Center will feature tenant lounges, which will be flanked by these conference facilities:

LyondellBasell Tower: six bookable tenant conference rooms with A/V capabilities — three of which are scalable for a combined seating capacity for up to 231 people — situated around a social staircase – an architectural feature to encourage employees to sit, relax and congregate, per the release.

2 Houston Center: two boardroom-style meeting rooms with A/V capabilities; two huddle rooms for more informal break-out meetings, which seat six to 14 people per room; plus "ample public seating areas for tenants to collaborate," the release states.

The fitness center will be located in LyondellBasell Tower and will be open to all Houston Center tenants. It will feature floor-to-ceiling windows with views of the new central plaza greenspace below, fitness equipment, locker rooms with towel service, a secluded space for private workouts and access to on-demand virtual fitness classes, per the release.

https://www.bizjournals.com/houston/news/2019/07/25/first-look-more-renderings-of-houston-centers.html

You didn’t throw off the flow.  Glad to see the Shops at Houston Center take on new life.  

I personally think 4 Houston Center might be a worthy renovation into residences someday.  It’s a big bulky building, but would afford some nice indoor/outdoor space for residential, as well as more loft-like floor/ceiling heights.

Watching the decent (and sorta hokey) Brookfield promotions video of the proposed work...er... I think I see Brandon Taubam (former Asst. GM for the Astros).  He looks ...happy.  Seems to have landed on his feet.

Edited by arche_757
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Timeline of the project for the LBT. 

Please find below a timeline (anticipated start and completion dates) on major project milestones that may impact LyondellBasell Tower (LBT). Anticipated completion of the full Houston Center project is late 2020.

• Skybridge between LBT and 4 Houston Center – anticipated completion by January 2020

• Skybridge/east stairwell connecting Fulbright Tower and mezzanine level – the new stairwell is expected to be open for public usage by late November 2019.

• Note: The stairwell will be open and safe for public usage, but the stairwell finishes will not be 100% complete at this stage.

• Removal of escalators in LBT – this milestone is contingent upon the opening of the stairwell (anticipated by late November 2019). Assuming all goes accordingly, escalator removal is expected to occur by late 2019.

• LBT main building entrance – this date is contingent upon the timing of the curtain wall installation. New retail door openings will be installed on the South side of the building and will serve as a temporary entrance in order to facilitate the removal of the existing East side entrance. Installation of the South side retail doors is projected to occur by late March 2020.

• Parking garage - The plaza work overall will be ongoing until the end of 2020. Structural and waterproofing work will not be completed until the final stage of the project, anticipated in mid to late 2020.

• LBT lobby areas – Terrazzo floor installation phasing is commencing next week (early November 2019). Anticipated completion and reopening of the full lobby is late 2020.

• Fitness center and conferencing center – expected completion by late 2020.

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, Luminare said:

Hmm wish those panels were white like in the renders. That would have been more striking. It definitely already feels more open and approachable, but the white would have been a nice approach.

Interesting... I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw they were not going with the white.  I didn't think it went with the upper part of the building, at all.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Houston19514 said:

Interesting... I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw they were not going with the white.  I didn't think it went with the upper part of the building, at all.

Agreed.  I never had a problem with the existing look of the complex, so I was dubious of the value of trying to update it.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

I actually liked the building as it was as well. That time period in architectural history and design has always interested me, but the bottom portion definitely needed an update to what our standards for pedestrian design are today. With that being said, I think it would have been interesting it was white because I think the contrast between the two would have been rather interesting. Right now with it being the color it is it makes the building float in a very uneasy way?! If that makes sense. The white would have been a good way to ground the building while at the same time making it more approachable.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...