Aris At Market Square: 32-Story High-Rise At 409 Travis St.

Mab

1 minute ago, Fortune said:

Wow you can really see how big the old post office site is from this photo. 

If that bit of land is developed into anything less than an iconic place -- a space that defines Houston as many places define their cities - it will be a once in a hundred year opportunity lost.  Three generations of architects and planners and developers alive today  (I.e. Those in their 20's, 40's, and 60's) have a chance to make history and define an area that will shape Houston for the next century.  The question is:  are they actually able to meet the challenge or will they shrink from it?

• Like 7

On 5/7/2017 at 11:40 AM, brijonmang said:

Houston Sunset

Looks great sitting there next to 609 Main

I know we would all love a supertall to be built but this infill of smaller projects has made the CBD denser and I think it won't be long til we get our supertall.

Preferably I would love to see it in the northern section of downtown within all the smaller buildings, maybe between the courts the Catalyst and Market Square.

• Like 6

Thats why I always suggest  the view  from the north and east. With  EADO, and  Minute Maid park

in front and a great view of the old downtown  infill from the twenties forward and the western wall 

of skyscrapers. Our mountains. You  get a much better feel for the density.

• Like 1

I agree about all the new buildings and the "infill" is a great improvement. Hope it continues. But eventually I sure would like something similar to a One Vanderbilt place ( or a few supertalls) somewhere in the CBD. 

Edited by Twinsanity02
Error in spelling.
  • Like 2

Shell

Shell 2

Pennzoil Place

Texas Commerce

Republic Bank

Callpine

BG 

609 Main

Aris 

801 Texas Ave. (Chronicle site)

Pretty good track record for downtown !

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 6

20 minutes ago, pablog said:

Mr. Hines is looking up thinking that he needs one more grandiose tower to cement his legacy. A tower that defines Houston and puts it on the architectural world map. 

*cough cough* Old Chronicle site *cough cough*

• Like 4

7 hours ago, bobruss said:

Shell

Shell 2

Pennzoil Place

Texas Commerce

Republic Bank

Callpine

BG 

609 Main

Aris 

Let's not forget Texas Commerce Tower in United Energy Plaza  Chase Tower  600 Travis.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bobruss said:

Shell

Shell 2

Pennzoil Place

Texas Commerce

Republic Bank

Callpine

BG 

609 Main

Aris 

And that was just downtown.    ...........   100 years from now, Mr. Hines legacy will STILL be studied by students and scholars.  Frankly, in life he is already iconic.  In death, hopefully many years in the future, he will be one of those names that motivate passionate young developers  to be "Better than Hines"..........

Edited by UtterlyUrban
  • Like 5

The unit in the video is about $3,250/month if I remember correctly (2-2). That is effective rent after their current move in special (3 months free on a 13 month lease).

Also, if you sign before June 1st, you get an additional $1,000 off for the entire lease (about $75/month).

Floors 10-16 will be open by about June 15th. Amenities on 9 as previously stated. 

Edited by DrLan34
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Urbannizer said:

WTF?  Who is this watergonzalez and why is he recording and broadcasting what is clearly false information?  As Dr. Lan said, the unit in the video is closer to $3250 per month.  There is not a unit of any size in the building for which they are asking $13,000 per month, let alone $20,000.  (The most expensive unit I can find is a 3 bed/3 bath on the 32nd floor (larger and higher than the unit in the video) for which they are asking $9,400 per month.  Expensive, yes.  $13-20,000 per month for a mid-level 2 bed/2 bath?  NFW.

Edited by Houston19514