500 Crawford: Multifamily At 500 Crawford St.

lockmat

It's a 300-car parking garage for the Incarnate Word Academy. #41 on the map. Big bummer, I know.

http://downtownhouston.org/site_media/uploads/attachments/2015-04-09/150408_Development_Map__Renders_11X17_1.pdf

If I'm not mistaken, we have seen no renderings or plans for this garage. It is actually planned as some sort of joint venture between the church/academy and Houston First. Given their other work in the area, I'm pretty confident it will include GFR.

However, I also suspect part of its purpose was to provide parking for the now-canceled Nau Center. So I wonder if it may not go forward just yet. Haven't seen anything about it for quite some time.

If I'm not mistaken, we have seen no renderings or plans for this garage. It is actually planned as some sort of joint venture between the church/academy and Houston First. Given their other work in the area, I'm pretty confident it will include GFR.

However, I also suspect part of its purpose was to provide parking for the now-canceled Nau Center. So I wonder if it may not go forward just yet. Haven't seen anything about it for quite some time.

I hope you're right. GFR would go a looong way in not compromising the good changes happening in this area.

Wont that be going into the Marriott down the street.

Yeah, but I'm talking about this corridor dead in front of the baseball park. Like right next door or across the street, ala "Homeplate Bar and Grill"

There's room for another option down there, a big one, like ESPN ZONE, especially with all the new residential going up right here. The buzz on gameday would be amazing. Especially during the playoffs!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

It's the Catholic Church. That's why. Add it to the list.

9,226. Lines too long to see the Sistine Chapel.

9,227. Objected to marrying my friend's visibly pregnant girlfriend and him.

9,228. Expects me to go to confession at least once per year.

9,229. No ground floor retail on parking garage in downtown Houston.

Done.

• Like 8

9,226. Lines too long to see the Sistine Chapel.

9,227. Objected to marrying my friend's visibly pregnant girlfriend and him.

9,228. Expects me to go to confession at least once per year.

9,229. No ground floor retail on parking garage in downtown Houston.

Done.

I hope my post wasn't construed as attacking Catholicism. The previous comment just struck me as funny. I don't think architecture is a weak point for the Catholic church, generally speaking.

I hope my post wasn't construed as attacking Catholicism. The previous comment just struck me as funny. I don't think architecture is a weak point for the Catholic church, generally speaking.

I'm catholic and I chuckled. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...