Heights 26th: Multifamily With Retail At 724 West 27th St.

hindesky

all over reddit for some reason this morning.Ā 

Ā 

This is a good development, even if it is close to the other target. That target south of 10 is always packed so I'm sure the economics of this probably work out... Glad were getting a multi-use building with street retail. This is in conjunction with the installation of bike lanes and pedestrian infrastructure on shepard and Durhan. More developments like this please.Ā 

• Like 5

With the entrances on the streets between Shepherd and Durham, does this mean traffic lights will be installed at one or both of the intersections? Will that affect how the Shepherd/Durham corridor is constructed from 4 to 3 lanes?Ā 

Edited by TacoDog
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Purdueenginerd said:

all over reddit for some reason this morning.Ā 

Ā 

This is a good development, even if it is close to the other target. That target south of 10 is always packed so I'm sure the economics of this probably work out... Glad were getting a multi-use building with street retail. This is in conjunction with the installation of bike lanes and pedestrian infrastructure on shepard and Durhan. More developments like this please.Ā 

That Target is the busiest one in Texas and ranks high in the nation as well- I worked there briefly for the holidays years ago.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, TacoDog said:

With the entrances on the streets between Shepherd and Durham, does this mean traffic lights will be installed at one or both of the intersections? Will that affect how the Shepherd/Durham corridor is constructed from 4 to 3 lanes?Ā 

This goes in line with walkable places, removing entrances from main strets and placing them on auxiliary side streets

• Like 3

On 4/24/2023 at 1:34 PM, goofy said:

image.png.a23288573bbbd22dc7981d019e48e0bb.pngper hcad, it's owned by property commerce. This is a proposed target at this location.Ā 

Ā 

On 4/24/2023 at 2:06 PM, ChannelTwoNews said:

A full size of the rendering for Heights 26th, the proposed mixed-use development off N Shepherd and N Durham.Ā 

When I extracted the image using Adobe, additional text is at the top of the image. The name of the project and the nearby streets are included, plus a project number. Also included is possibly the name of the architect, Meek + Partners, along with their address and website.Ā  I removed those details from the image below.

RNu75XJ.jpg

Zoomed in view of the first and second floor retail spaces

lfVb2ef.jpg

l0MdZtJ.jpg

Ā 

• Like 7

5 hours ago, 004n063 said:

De-stroading Shepherd/Durham, several steps at a time...

Which will cause Nextdoor to blow up once it's all completed and people realize it's a larger version of the 11th Street road diet.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Ross said:

Which will cause Nextdoor to blow up once it's all completed and people realize it's a larger version of the 11th Street road diet.

Canā€™t wait! ND also had a shit fit with the bike lanes in Montrose. Nothing like like driving into a bollard then blaming the bollard!

I drive in the heights all the time and love the slowed down roads. I hope theyā€™ll seriously consider something like this for main all the way to crosstimbers

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, goofy said:

Canā€™t wait! ND also had a shit fit with the bike lanes in Montrose. Nothing like like driving into a bollard then blaming the bollard!

I drive in the heights all the time and love the slowed down roads. I hope theyā€™ll seriously consider something like this for main all the way to crosstimbers

It's planned for N Main up to Airline currently.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, 004n063 said:

Do be sure to share the gems!

It will probably be a bunch of posts about how the incompetent Mayor has destroyed life in the Greater Heights and that it will make every commute 2 hours longer, along with a bunch of "screw the cyclists, they can use side streets" comments. Plus "cycling or walking in Houston is impossible because of the heat and humidity", etc.

Someone destroyed the front end of their car by hitting the floating bus stop on Heights. After looking at it, it was obvious the driver had ignored a no right turn sign and driven straight into the raised concrete.

I look forward to more stupidity.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Texasota said:

It's planned for N Main up to Airline currently.

There is a major lane reduction planned for 43ā€¦ I just want I nice garden oaks bike connection to the heights! Although my prediction is that independence heights will get a ton of amenities soonĀ 

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Ross said:

Someone destroyed the front end of their car by hitting the floating bus stop on Heights. After looking at it, it was obvious the driver had ignored a no right turn sign and driven straight into the raised concrete.

Was this last night? I saw several emergency vehicles there in the rain last night while I was on the bus.Ā 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TacoDog said:

Was this last night? I saw several emergency vehicles there in the rain last night while I was on the bus.Ā 

No, it was a couple of weeks ago. It will happen from time to time, since people don't pay attention when they drive. And it seems like some folks are just willfully ignoring the changes the road diet made.

1 hour ago, TylerHerman13 said:

Bonus, the old Searā€™s lot is under contract with a multi family developer.Ā 

Yep. The former Sears at 4000 N Shepherd Dr has been under contract for months, possibly almost a year.

Also, there are several posts regarding Sears possibly becoming a multifamily development. It's in the topic linked below dedicated to 4000 N Shepherd Dr:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/46042-toll-brothers-multifamily-at-4000-north-shepherd-dr
Ā 

Ā 

12 hours ago, TylerHerman13 said:

Was on LoopNet and saw this on a sales flyer for the Garden Oaks Strip Mallā€¦ looks like a Target has been proposedā€¦Ā 

Bonus, the old Searā€™s lot is under contract with a multi family developer.Ā 

A217B2A6-58E9-494D-8966-A59FEF630839.jpeg

It has never been under contract truly. It has always been owned by seratige, an reit established ro managed the last assets of Sears. Seratige has a partnership with toll brothers and the property is listed as a pipeline project and monitored by other threads on this forum.Ā 
Ā 

the news of the target originated here and was cross posted for clout on Reddit and Facebook and now people are circling back to tell us of our own work.Ā 

• Like 1

I talked with the two guys taking down this light pole. They weren't aware what was going to be built so I showed them. But he told me that the Houston Bark Park Dog Daycare's lease is up at the end of the month and they will be leaving too. He also said the two other lots associated with this have been sold. The one across 26th St. is going to be a CVS. He didn't know what the used car lot across N. Shepherd was going to be but it sold too.

FXNzlKv.jpg

CVS.

1Bd2AuN.jpg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, hindesky said:

I talked with the two guys taking down this light pole. They weren't aware what was going to be built so I showed them. But he told me that the Houston Bark Park Dog Daycare's lease is up at the end of the month and they will be leaving too. He also said the two other lots associated with this have been sold. The one across 26th St. is going to be a CVS. He didn't know what the used car lot across N. Shepherd was going to be but it sold too.

Ā 

CVS.

Ā 

I'm not sure how the Bark Park can lose its lease when the land owners are the same people that own the Bark Park. WBM Investments and Houston Bark Park and Daycare, Inc have the same principals.

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Heights 26th: 10-Story Multifamily With Retail
  • 2 weeks later...