Mixed-Use Development At 2103 Lyons Ave.

HoustonMidtown

9 minutes ago, Houston19514 said:

Per the Dallas Morning News  (yes, the Dallas Morning News, not our pathetic local paper), Meow Wolf will open in Houston in 2024.  Also planning to open one in Grapevine, Texas (Grapevine Mills shopping mall to be exact) in 2023.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/2022/05/11/meow-wolf-a-santa-fe-immersive-art-experience-is-coming-to-texas/

Love the fact that Houston's will be in the Fifth Ward, while "Dallas's" will be in suburban Grapevine, in a shopping mall . . .

That's just Dallas culture vs. Houston culture...

"In Houston, we’ll engage a burgeoning arts community in the most diverse city in the nation, which we believe will result in a groundswell of revolutionary artistic expression.” - Dale Sheehan, executive creator director

https://www.abqjournal.com/2497979/meow-wolf-will-expand-to-grapevine-texas-in-2023-houston-in-2024.html

• Like 7

https://secrethouston.com/meow-wolf-houston/?utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-secrethouston&utm_content=later-26772521&utm_medium=social&utm_source=linkin.bio

I honestly didn't know Saint Arnold's was considered to be in the 5th Ward after all of these years of going there. When I read that I assumed it would be at East River or somewhere along Clinton over there. This area in general sure is blossoming.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

Per the Dallas Morning News  (yes, the Dallas Morning News, not our pathetic local paper), Meow Wolf will open in Houston in 2024.  Also planning to open one in Grapevine, Texas (Grapevine Mills shopping mall to be exact) in 2023.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/retail/2022/05/11/meow-wolf-a-santa-fe-immersive-art-experience-is-coming-to-texas/

Love the fact that Houston's will be in the Fifth Ward, while "Dallas's" will be in suburban Grapevine, in a shopping mall . . .

Pathetic is being too nice but I'm loving this development and thank you Dallas Morning news. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2022 at 1:26 PM, texan said:

This is so exciting! Meow Wolf began in Santa Fe with a donation by George R R Martin (of Game of Thrones fame) and now includes exhibits in Las Vegas and Denver as well. Houston is a perfect expansion spot for them, especially considering Martin has pledged his entire life's work to Texas A&M and spends some time in College Station. I'm going to the Santa Fe location next month and cannot wait to check this out when it opens!

I experienced Meow Wolf's Santa Fe location in late 2019, and the Las Vegas location summer of last year.  Very cool, and noticeably steps-up from our own Seismique (though I enjoyed Seismique as well).  My husband and I got as far as "overthrowing" the front-of-house at Omega Mart, before heading out to see other attractions, but probably had a few hours of effort ahead of us to get to the bottom of the whole thing.

Edited by txtiger
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Amlaham said:

Wow, that a huge price tag! The Grapevine location is only $2,000,000. Is it because the warehouse needs a lot more work compared to their mall, or because this is a stand alone building? 

Grapevine probably only needs interior fit out. The Lyons site is pretty rough on the outside and can only imagine what it looks like inside. They will have to do electrical, plumbing, interior walls, sheet rock, maybe floors and add AC. Plus they have to build a parking lot. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to New Mixed-Use Development At 2103 Lyons Ave.
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to Mixed-Use Development At 2103 Lyons Ave.
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Does Dallas put everything in the burbs? It seems like every development is not inside the city itself. I'm so glad this is in Houston proper and we're saving an older structure. Big win!

Also big win that its not inside a mall! 

• Like 2

On 8/18/2022 at 7:07 PM, JBTX said:

What if we turned an old mall into a high-speed rail station?

Chicago's already done the opposite:  It built an underground high-speed rail station in the basement of a mall.  But the train never came!

Elon Musk's Boring Company was supposed to build a high-speed train between O'Hare Airport and Block37 (the mall), but never did.  Now the city has a mothballed train station to nowhere.

47 minutes ago, editor said:

Chicago's already done the opposite:  It built an underground high-speed rail station in the basement of a mall.  But the train never came!

Elon Musk's Boring Company was supposed to build a high-speed train between O'Hare Airport and Block37 (the mall), but never did.  Now the city has a mothballed train station to nowhere.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/how-chicago-spent-400m-on-a-subway-superstation-to-nowhere/59087/?amp=1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...