World Series 2005

houstonsemipro

they (Chicago) got the last part right without the "cl" ;)

here was the other I saw:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...,1,243750.story

if you don't get it I'll email you the story off the board

This article is just as bad, if not worse. Its sarcastic comments really show there true colors...

And they mention the Williams Tower, as tallest? its 901ft., not 899ft... They fail to mention The 1,002ft JPMCT, or the 972ft. WFP.

The Sears Tower is not the symbol of Chicago, its the John Handcock Center. It always has been, since 1969. Even the Tribune should know that. Its just bias pride that corrupts the city. Its a shame, I always loved Chicago, and I still do, but I just realize no matter how nice a city, it has really crappy people.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The great thing about tonight's game is that I'm completely emotionless and stress free about it. No expectations. If they win it, that's sweet. I've done my ranting and pouting. Done with murdering my fingernails (and toenails) and with my griping about the media. I feel good tonight. I worked out, I'm singing. I'm so over the World Series before it's even over with itself. I still love the Astros. Now it's Rockets time!

On a side note: why do the players' pictures look so dorky? We've got such hot guys on our team, but they look so corny in their pictures. Brandon Backe looks like a homely 16-year-old girl with peach fuzz in his picture.

On a side note: why do the players' pictures look so dorky? We've got such hot guys on our team, but they look so corny in their pictures. Brandon Backe looks like a homely 16-year-old girl with peach fuzz in his picture.

LOL! I know! Oh well, everyone on Chicago's side is not smiling, and they look really dorky. I like it when they smile. But jeez, Biggio looks like an old man with those wrinkles, and they make them so white, and there noses red. They look like little never had a tan in there life kids on a freezing winter day.

Atleast they smile.

Fox Sports just said that the Sox have finally earned the respect they deserve, BUT on the Chicago Tribune website and others from Chicago fans, it is very apparent that even though the White Sox just won the World Series, the fans of their own city are not really showing that respect. Must be tough to be a White Sox fan and not even have the respect of their own city, at least the Astros had the whole state of Texas rooting for them....

Couple of things to remember, people.

When others dog you or your town, they are probably trying to make themselves feel better. Living well is the best revenge. Those quotes were from chicagosports.com. Only Chicagoans and Houstonians with a complex read it.

The Astros made it to the Series for the first time ever. Never forget that.

They lost one game in 14 innings, another 1-0 with a man on second in the 9th, a third with 3 chances to win, and a fourth with two chances to win. The Sox will call it a blowout. Good for them. So would we. Anyone that watched, knows it was a great, albeit, too short, series.

Unless you are suicidal, or hate living here, quit worrying what Chicago sports writers or others say about Houston. If you are suicidal (houstonsemipro), kill yourself now. If you hate living here (houstonsemipro), move. If you are none of the above, enjoy the weather for the next 7 months. Chicago will soon be so cold, even this victory will not warm them up.

Next spring, the Astros will start it up again, and the Rockets wil no doubt be in the playoffs. Life goes on.

If any Astros read this forum, thank you for the most enjoyable October I've ever spent in Houston. I look forward to doing it again next year. :D

:lol: You're very funny. I like your humor. But, to bad for the Astros. I don't see them in the World Series for sometime. The Astros is those type of team that goes every once in awhile, while Chicago and St.Louis be right back in the mix next year.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for the Astros entering in their first World Series. It's good for the team and the city. By the looks at Game 1-4 to me it looked like the Astros was just there. I hate to say this but, the World Series was kinda boring this year.

And for your info. I do love my city, but cities, newspapers treat Houston like a red-headed stepchild everytime we step into the spotlight. I guess our imagine is really bad, or they just jealous over Houston. I don't know.

But, all jokes to the side. I'm glad for my city, and a Houston team finally doing something.

Next up to the plate... Houston Rockets!

I actually think that Houston stands to have a better chance than either Chicago or St. Louis.

more like Chicago is the kind of team that only makes it every once in a while, atleast we were within a game of making it last year. So if Bagwell, and Biggio (who I think is still signed for another year) dont decide to quit, and Clemens graces us with his expensive presance again, then we certainly have a great chance. St. Louis is getting older, and their new guys arent seasoned yet. Cubs? who knows. other NL Central teams - dont really matter.

I like our odds at making a run in the playoffs again -- that is of course entirely premature, but I think alot of our guys arent to happy about being swept, and they would certainly like to have another shot at it.

After 7 innings of shutout ball by BOI Backe, who needs Clemens? :lol:

Great season, and more to come.

On a slightly different note, how cool was the "Latino Legends Team", and how cool to do it in Houston, one of the best Latin cities? I'd hate to see what THAT All-Star team would do to someone! It was pretty badass, seeing all those great major-leaguers walking on the field. Really showed what South America and the Islands have given to the MLB. I especially enjoyed seeing the "Big Gordito" Fernando Valenzuela trot out. Lots of memories from when the Dodgers were in our division. :D

:lol: You're very funny. I like your humor. But, to bad for the Astros. I don't see them in the World Series for sometime. The Astros is those type of team that goes every once in awhile, while Chicago and St.Louis be right back in the mix next year.

And for your info. I do love my city, but cities, newspapers treat Houston like a red-headed stepchild everytime we step into the spotlight. I guess our imagine is really bad, or they just jealous over Houston. I don't know.

But, all jokes to the side. I'm glad for my city, and a Houston team finally doing something.

Next up to the plate... Houston Rockets!

You know the biggest reason why I'm so happy right now?

This will NOT be our last World Series. I think Phil Garner is more angrier and wiser now than before, and I think he improves each season. I think the Astros will do everything in their power to find the next Clements-Biggio-Bagwell type players (people that not only are talented, but people that are team-first, individual second).

I'm predicting a farely busy offseason for us especially from the Triple AAA standpoint. Garner, Purpura, and McClain deserve MAD credit for taking a chance on all this young talent after Beltran left. All those players stepped up to the plate and made already the best team in Astros history even better by taking us to a World Series.

Van Gundy and the Rockets NEED to have a good playoff run this season. They don't have to win it all, but they need to improve from last season. I think the Rockets could take it all if all their talent and Van Gundy comes through.

Back to da 'Stros. To Phil Garner, I hope you are pissed off and fustrated right now, and remember and appreciate how far you guys got this year. You did a GREAT job as manager, and the Astros this season broke taboo for Texas History, but PLEASE don't settle for a World Series invite next season. Next year, take EVERYTHING!

By the way, you all do realize Phil Garner is the ONLY manager in the State of Texas to EVER win a postseason series? He's won, like, three now. Next year, win three more for us. We'll be on Main Street watching B)

One more thing. To HAIF, the world was watching Houston. They were showing the Main Street, MarketSquare, Midtown, and Galleria parties worldwide. Trust me, I saw it all. And they showed each Astros game about 5 times in a row here in Korea as a marathon. Houston, you look good!!!!

Does anyone know if the story of the nimrod Sox fan slapping Biggio's wife even made it to national news? I'm so glad to hear that none of our fans acted that way. Despite the frustration and tension built up in Astros fans, no one acted in that manner. Shouldn't someone point that out? I mean, we're all aware of it, but nationally I don't think people are. Give us something, you bunch of *****! Calm down.

Wouldn't it be something if they rioted at their own celebration? I wouldn't put it past them. OK stop it! I'm finished, I promise. :simmering down:

Way to go Asstros. You managed to blow it again.

Oh, well, not that I expected anything less.

Yeah, they only made it the World Series. What chumps! :blink:

A fan who supports a team only when it's winning is no fan at all.

Way to go Asstros. You managed to blow it again.

Oh, well, not that I expected anything less.

*eelimon hisses in anger* :angry: your no fan

i cant wait for spring time again and opening day at the ballpark

Way to go Astros! Thank you for an amazing season

Bastrop has every right to say what he did because he is speaking the truth. If you're not pissed off because the Astros lost you are not a real fan. The Astros just stunk it up in the World Series. I'm not going to say "At least we made it to the Series", and I know the players are not thinking that either.

I always will be and have been an Astros fan since I was a little kid, and I usually see around 10 games a year - yes, even when they are 10 games below 500. Don't get me wrong, I am happy for the Astros on what they accomplished this year, but to see them go down this way really sucks. They should have won games 2 and 3 but just blew it.

Speaking of "fairweather fans" - I watched almost every game at the bars during the playoffs and I would say 50% of the people are bandwagoners. Sure they act like they always watched the Stros all year, but then you hear people saying stupid things like "Why aren't we starting Chris Burke like we have all year?", and "Too bad we traded Jeff Kent." Stay home and watch the game you jackasses.

Toolman, all 4 games were close, if the 'Stros had gotten blown out in any of those games I could see saying they "blew it." Of course I am upset they lost, I also think they tried as hard as they could to win each game. I hate coming in second, second is just the first place loser. I don;t think you could have managed it any differently, I don't think you can blame one person for lack of effort either. They just weren't good enough this year. Maybe Bagwell and Biggio aren't meant to have the gold ring, as much as we want them to and think they deserve one.

I think the Astros have a great chance next season. We made it to the Wild Card in 04', and the World Series this year. Its a progress, I've never seen before. Infact, they mention MLB top 5 Teams, and I belive The Astros were #3 or #4 of most beloved. Including the Yankees, Cardinals, Braves, and Red Sox I belive.

Your right Jones, they didn't get blown out and it was a very competative series, and I'm sure the Astros tried their hardest. I think the lack of offense finally caught up to them, and when they had offense they lost the pitching. One of the best series I have seen in a while because most of the games are usually blowouts.

I don't see the Astros making the World Series again next year - these things only happen once every so often (unless your the Yankees and Redsox who "BUY" their rings.)

Houston better get some offense next year or they will be in trouble because I don't think we will ever see a pitching staff like this year again - ever.

Archived