World Series 2005

houstonsemipro

I think by looking at the entire Game 1 of the World Series last night. The Astros got their hands full with the White Sox. Chicago has a pretty good team, the Astros better come on with it if they wanna be 1-1 in the series before they come back home to Houston.

If Chicago takes Game 2 tonight. Houston we have a problem.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think by looking at the entire Game 1 of the World Series last night. The Astros got their hands full with the White Sox. Chicago has a pretty good team, the Astros better come on with it if they wanna be 1-1 in the series before they come back home to Houston.

If Chicago takes Game 2 tonight. Houston we have a problem.

Sounds like you haven't watched this team play much. O-2 at Chicago is not insurmountable for this team by any stretch. A concern, but not a problem.

the first game players introduction was completely one sided all the way down to the music that was played. the song played for the Stros I had never heard and the song for the Sox was the theme from one of the Star Wars movies. geez I say we don't introduce the Sox players at all when they come and play in Houston

I'm telling y'all. If Chicago be up 2-0 heading to Houston, the Astros got to play double harder, cause these White Sox are a pest. And if the White Sox wins the first game in Houston, I predict it may be a sweep.

The Astros already made history for the first time in the World Series, and they gonna make another history by a sweep.

Dang, what a crusher.

We have to win at home the next 3 games, please!

We still have a chance, but we need to pick it up.

Oh and that ump call was crap! If that call would have been better it may have very well made this game come out way different.

yea but we lost to St. Louis last year too.

I keep hearing bad calls by the umpire and 740 radio is even saying the game is going in White Sux's favor.

After the 6-4 lead I went to bed. I couldn't take watching this game.

My dad told me they tied and when he came out of the bathroom the Sux had scored and game was over.

What kind of bad plays are the umpires making?

I have watched the game off and on...I got sleepy waiting for Petite to pitch! What is that 30 mins before windup?

Well I keep hearing the Astros want the game open to showcase our beautiful city but yet they love the roof closed to their advantage. Who cares what Houston looks like on TV right now keep the roof closed if it helps! Let them do flyovers before commericals (or before the game) if people want to see Houston.

Lack of hotel space for guests because of a quilt convention. OMG! How can something SO BORING bring in SO MANY People?!

Ladies go sew your quilts elsewhere!!! Really I mean I have not figured out how this quilt convention could be the #1 top rated convention in Houston EVERY year (look at Houston business journal)

That voice I'm hearing singing in the distance - please don't let that be the fat lady. I don't want to think so, but I have a sick feeling.

I have a hard time watching big away games on TV. I was in one room watching the Rockets pre-season game on the regular screen with the Astros on picture-in-picture so I could watch, but not have to listen to the Smelly Sox's fans. When I saw that they had it set for a grand slam, I turned it off completely, then I heard my brother-in-law in another room go, "Awww, MAN!!" and I knew. I just kept it off for the rest of the game. I couldn't watch any news, because I didn't want to see any replays.

If Roy Oswalt was allowed and physically able to throw every single pitch of the series, I would have almost complete confidence that we'd be OK. Not that the other guys aren't great, but I put the most confidence in Roy at a time like this.

Regardless of everything, I'm SO ready for this game to come home in Houston!

By the way, did anyone hear that a Sux fan (I like that one, BayouCityGirl) pulled Craig Biggio's wife's hair and was arrested. Maybe I'm stereotyping, but does it seem Northerner sports fans get violent at sporting events? Pathetic!

My nerves can't take anymore, I love my 'Stros so much. It is just killing me to see them comeback, only to let it slip away. I think it is my fault, because I turn the channel so nothing bad will happen. Then i can't stand NOT watching, so I turn it back and see the 'Stros have things well in hand, and BOOM ! Those damn Nylons pop a homer. I'm not watching anymore.

"By the way, did anyone hear that a Sux fan (I like that one, BayouCityGirl) pulled Craig Biggio's wife's hair and was arrested. Maybe I'm stereotyping, but does it seem Northerner sports fans get violent at sporting events? Pathetic!"

It's the Hockey mentallity up there. I bet Biggio would do more than some hair pulling on whoever touched his wife, I know I would. :o

Listen, I'm not a baseball fan. But, watching Game 1 & 2 of the World Series. I can tell Astros is not focus. Is it the weather in Chicago infecting Astros? or is it they made history already by going to the World Series for the first time is a franchise?

I think it's both. No Houston team can not play in bad weather conditions. Houston is spoil, they need to be indoors. Second, I think the Astros is not really worried about winning the World Series. They figure that they aalready made history, so what the hell. It may not be a sweep, they may win one game out of the series just not to make it look bad.

I can tell the White Sox want it more then the Astros. To me, the Astros just... there in the World Series.

Listen, I'm not a baseball fan. But, watching Game 1 & 2 of the World Series. I can tell Astros is not focus. Is it the weather in Chicago infecting Astros? or is it they made history already by going to the World Series for the first time is a franchise?

I think it's both. No Houston team can not play in bad weather conditions. Houston is spoil, they need to be indoors. Second, I think the Astros is not really worried about winning the World Series. They figure that they aalready made history, so what the hell. It may not be a sweep, they may win one game out of the series just not to make it look bad.

I can tell the White Sox want it more then the Astros. To me, the Astros just... there in the World Series.

I hate to be so rude....but where did you go to school?

my friend from San Beradino hates the White Sox and started calling them the "White Sux" and so I think I kinda carried on to that too LOL! He doesn't like the fact they sweeped the Angels.

The Astros are thinking of keeping the roof open for their games. HEY if you win with the roof closed...DO SO! Don't worry about HOuston looking pretty on TV as a backdrop. I am so ready for the Buzzing, train tooting, whistle blowing, fan cheering crowd.!

BTW, to whoever said Chicago has the hockey mentality...I heard that some Astro's fan yelled, "Boo!" and a Fellow White Sux fan yelled to shut up.

I read that somewhere.

At least across the state the Cards applauded for us. Talk about dignity. and I have more respect for them! Those darn Midwesterners, what would we do without em' ;) besides have less meat and produce! :P

Maybe the Chicagoians need to learn a little Texas hospitality (btw, did anyone fail to tell them we carry guns down here?)

;) j/king!

Curious, if the Sux won would they turn over car types?

if we won..how would you think Houston react?

Again, about Craig Biggio's wife. It seems the White Sox feel badly about it and their main dude (Ozzie whatever his name is) is going to personally apologize to Craig Biggio. Do you think if the Sox had lost those first two games, they would instead be cheering that loser on? At least in their minds? No, that's not professional, but it's kind of realistic. It's a funny thought to me.

Archived