World Series 2005

houstonsemipro

Am I the only one that doesn't care what other cities think of us?! He-lllooo.......we beat St. Louis!!! That, to me is a much more important victory, I could care less about whether or not we beat the Sox. Everyone knows they shouldn't even be a team after that travesty in 1917. VOMIT! LOL! :P

And really, where did all of these Sox fans come from? I thought Houston was the all-time leader of fair-weather fans. I guess not! Just goes to show ya..... ;)

by ToolMan:

Speaking of "fairweather fans" - I watched almost every game at the bars during the playoffs and I would say 50% of the people are bandwagoners. Sure they act like they always watched the Stros all year, but then you hear people saying stupid things like "Why aren't we starting Chris Burke like we have all year?", and "Too bad we traded Jeff Kent." Stay home and watch the game you jackasses.

AMEN TOOLMAN!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I the only one that doesn't care what other cities think of us?! He-lllooo.......we beat St. Louis!!! That, to me is a much more important victory, I could care less about whether or not we beat the Sox. Everyone knows they shouldn't even be a team after that travesty in 1917. VOMIT! LOL! :P

And really, where did all of these Sox fans come from? I thought Houston was the all-time leader of fair-weather fans. I guess not! Just goes to show ya..... ;)

1917? Travesty? They won the World Series in 1917. Hardly a travesty. Perhaps you meant the betting scandal in 1919.

But, you're right about the more meaningful series being the revenge against the Redbirds. I agree.

Pretty good article. Some actual nice words about us.

And, I didn't know there was an Astro's appreciation party downtown today, since I got out of school early today, i would have tried to go to it.

Too bad they didnt have it tomorrow.

Hopefully, like most people, I'm just really glad we made it, and didn't give it up without a fight! (14 Innings!). Its nice to know were #2 in the nation, better then what it has been in the past few years. And I'm glad I could go to a World Series in MMP, and I'll never forget staying there till 1:30 in the morning. Or paying $50.00 to park.

Time to put my astros cap on the shelf, and grab the rockets.

*Is it me, or does it seem like Houston sport teams main color is red? (except the texans)

Yeah, not that big really. It's a nice day out (and a Friday), so I understand that a lot of people are out doing other things. In fact, it's actually quiet here at work, as a handful of people have taken the day off. But even with all of that, I thought the crowd would've been larger this morning.

Ah well.

Attendance will go up next year at the games, and I'm sure Uncle Drayton would prefer that.

Nice little dig at the Rangers.

"Washington baseball fans can take some solace that it didn't happen first in Arlington, where the former Senators have tried and failed to accomplish the task since moving there after the 1971 season and becoming the Texas Rangers."

And, referring to another thread, I doubt anyone in Chicago is crying that no one respects them. We get some good articles and some bad. Take them both with a grain of salt. ;)

Does anyone know if the story of the nimrod Sox fan slapping Biggio's wife even made it to national news? I'm so glad to hear that none of our fans acted that way. Despite the frustration and tension built up in Astros fans, no one acted in that manner. Shouldn't someone point that out? I mean, we're all aware of it, but nationally I don't think people are. Give us something, you bunch of *****! Calm down.

National news? I was watching them talking about it on the Korean national news. The whole world was talking about it. Then they said the Sox manager apologized for it.

Wouldn't it be something if they rioted at their own celebration? I wouldn't put it past them. OK stop it! I'm finished, I promise. :simmering down:

Didn't Chicago riot during some of them Bulls championships?

Besides, our NL pennant party was bigger than their World Series Championship party anyway. KimberlySayWhat, you have just joined the You-Kick-Ass Club! Long Live H-Town!!!!!!

One more thing. And I mean this. I REALLY hope we win the world series next year. And I hope we win at home. Against any team with Sox in their name. Or any team with pinstripes on their uniform. Or a team located in one city and claiming another for the sake of money (Los Angeles Angels of Aneheim). OR better yet, ANOTHER team that's never made it to the series (Mariners, Rangers)

We'll be back....

Archived