World Series 2005

houstonsemipro

Dude, it's about to be a sweep. But, your right they're not spanking us. They're kicking our ass

semipro, you are clearly much more of an expert at losing than the rest of us. And, given your incredible ability to give up before the series is even half way over, I am sure any coach would love to have you on his team.

We'll leave you to your miserable life of predicting failure, while we root for the home team, EVEN if it's the last game of the season. And we'll give them the ovation they deserve for not being quitters. They've done Houston proud.

I am quite confident that you would have quit when you were 15-30, as opposed to proving the doubters wrong by coming back to even BE in the Series. Remember, winners never quit...quitters whine about it on HAIF.

GO 'Stros!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Speaking of showing people, anyone else notice they have shown this one girl with a white sox hat on at least four times. I don't remember them trying to represent the teams equally while they were in Chicago.

Yep, of course I noticed that and Steve Perry (woman in drag?). Can we expect anything else, really?

I heard that the Chicago Tribune ran an article yesterday devoted solely to pointing out negative things about Houston, but I can't seem to find it. Did anyone see it?

Regarding the whole roof issue - I don't know whether or not it really plays a factor in the Astros' winning (clearly it didn't last night), but like many people, I also think it shouldn't be anyone's decision but Houston's. If that's our home advantage then that's our home advantage. If this had been New York, or Boston, Chicago possibly, I wonder if the question would have even come up.

But you know how it is, screw us! We're Houston. How's that for a motto.

At least we have class. Not jumping out on the field beating up players on the other team or slapping players' wives even when we're down 3-0. They're a tacky bunch of animals.

Dude, it's about to be a sweep. But, your right they're not spanking us. They're kicking our ass

No Semi, getting an @$$kicking is what your Semipro football team gets handed to them just about everytime you guys step on the field.

Here's an article mentioning Matthew McCaughey. I'm just going to post it here since it's not exclusive to just one site. I've seen it on several news sites:

HOUSTON Some famous faces off the field turned up in Houston as the World Series continues with the Chicago White Sox.

Game Four is tonight, with Chicago holding a three-game advantage over Houston:

-- "Desperate Housewives" star James Denton mingled with fans in the bleachers before last night's game at Minute Maid Park.

-- Actor Matthew McConaughey was also at Game Three.

McConaughey wore an Astros T-shirt signed by Houston ace Roger Clemens and baseball cap.

McConaughey, who grew up in East Texas, says he's been an Astros fan for 20 years.

-- Eight families affected by Hurricanes Katrina and Rita will get new homes courtesy of Major League Baseball and Habitat for Humanity.

Eric Benet (buh-NAY'), Michael McDonald, Wynona Judd and Terry Dexter performed a new single "Heart of America" in conjunction with the event before Game Three.

-- Former First Lady Barbara Bush of Houston attended last night's game in her regular seat, in an area behind home plate.

Copyright 2005 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

http://www.kltv.com/Global/story.asp?S=4029922&nav=1TjF

Speaking of showing people, anyone else notice they have shown this one girl with a white sox hat on at least four times.

They showed her four times for the same reason they showed Barbara Bush & Mathew McConaughey - she's a celebrity.

68.jpg

Michelle Branch.

I didn't recognize her either.

I heard that James Denton was at one of the Chicago games as well, probably supporting the Astros, but they didn't show him in the crowd. Maybe he was hunkered down (lol) in one of those ugly panchos because of that horrible weather. I have reason to believe James Denton is an Astros fan: 1. because he's from the south and 2. because during the early regular reason he came down here and participated in some sort of event with the Astros.

Nevermind.

http://chicago.comcastsportsnet.com/view_c...0p.asp?ID=17843

DESPERATE DENTON

James Denton is torn, and it has nothing to do with Susan, Edie or the Cubs.

The "Desperate Housewives'' co-star, who once worked at Harry Caray's, is a longtime Chicago White Sox fan. But he's gotten to know the Houston Astros recently, and he likes them, too.

"This is tough for me,'' Denton said Saturday afternoon as he watched batting practice before Game 1 of the World Series. "In my heart, I'm a White Sox guy. But I can't vocally root against the Astros. I like the Astros too much. I like Phil Garner too much.''

Originally from Nashville, Tenn., Denton moved to Chicago when he got serious about acting. He said he was at then-Comiskey Park when the White Sox lost to Baltimore in the 1983 AL championship, but his seats weren't nearly as good.

"I sat right up there in the upper deck,'' Denton said, pointing to some of the highest seats in the stadium. "I was not on field-worthy at that time. I'm still not sure how I got here today. I guess it's being Teri Hatcher's boyfriend.''

TJ, she's far more than a one hit wonder. You shouldn't show your age so easily. :P

I'm not old enough not to know who she is, or was, for that matter. Quit throwin dirt on me I'm only 35. She is definately better than a few other POP stars in her age range I could think of, but she doesn't have near the status of any of them either. Would you agree? :)

I was at the game last night. section 125, (dugout). Left at the bottom of the 14th inning. it was past 1:00!! We had so many chances to win, and it made me want to cry. I took some pictures, don't know when I'll have them up.

Saw Lady Bush and the youngest one (forgot her name) and was that Mathew McConaughey by the new radio 740 sign? in the red jacket?

She is definately better than a few other POP stars in her age range I could think of, but she doesn't have near the status of any of them either. Would you agree? :)

No. I judge talent by ability - not T & A. She's twice went platinum, and she has more than a handful of #1 hits under her belt. The difference between her & the bottle blonde/fake-n-bake squad is that she hasn't relied on her body to pass off as her talent. Even so - she's still hot. :P

I never said she wasn't talented, but she hasn't done anything in 2 years, and I can't recall the last time I heard her on the radio or Sirius satelite, I said she didn't have the status of others around her. I agree with the T&A, and I applaud her for that, she has 4 top 10 records, not all #1s but top 10 is excellent, I just don't listen to her, and I don't really know anyone that does anymore either. :P;)

Saw this on ESPN.com

There are 5 likely World Series scenarios.

Sox in 4 - Astros pack it in

Sox in 5 - Astros win one for pride

Sox in 6 - Sox save it for home fans

Sox in 7 - Sox in 4 prediction looks bad

Astros in 7 - Best World Series ever played

It all starts tonight!

You're old - give it up:Look At Position 9

;)

..and I don't mean old by age - I mean old by lifestyle. Its actually not an insult.

FOCUS: Game 4 tonight.. and you thought last night was do or die!

One word, Santana. She needs old guys, too make her look good. :lol:

BTW nmain, I know you never tried to order a beer while you were underage, riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigghhhttt ! How many poppers have you done in your life, I hope none, you fierce thang you !

Saw this on ESPN.com

There are 5 likely World Series scenarios.

Sox in 4 - Astros pack it in

Sox in 5 - Astros win one for pride

Sox in 6 - Sox save it for home fans

Sox in 7 - Sox in 4 prediction looks bad

Astros in 7 - Best World Series ever played

It all starts tonight!

Awww, Red...a fan after my own heart!!! :D

B)

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-home-headlines

Here is the article to the "Houston Polishes up World Series for Grimy Image"

its horrible what was said!!

Chicago is REALLY known for the "windy city" alright...for other reasons. They can quit blowing hot air out of both ends of them!

Chicago Kiss our @$$-TROS! Hot dog eating, snow plowing, big talkin', SOB's!

go take you and your "White Sox" to the laundry and wash your mouth out. Did your mother teach you, "If you cant' say nothing nice, don't say it at all!"

How come the White Sox had on BLACK Sox when they have the uniform on?

"Houston We have a problem"...WITH YOU...go take that hockey mentality up north where it belong.

I bet they are plotting which cars to overturn at the World Series downtown riot/mob scene!

At least have dignity and grace...Cards were opponents but they at least clapped.

Not saying the White Sox have to clap but is it necessary for the unneed rival attitude?

funny enough the Chronicle hasn't written anything bad about the Chicago White Sox. The more they write they worse off their attitude looks.

someone needs to go stuff a Nathan's hotdog (which are WAY better then "Vienna" by the way...10X better) and a NY pizza where their mouth is. (which is better by the way) who wants to sit there and eat a Chicago Deep Dish and dig through fatty, gut wrentching cheese?

and NY may be loud but they are a bit nicer then the Chicagian. I didn't see anything special about their little "patch of heaven"...it looks worse then Houston when I went there recently. So they are one to talk about "Grimy image"

HAVE THEY SEEN Their traffic in Chicago as well as the amount of pollution in the Lake nearbye AS WELL as the road construction.

So to our lovely Chicago fans.. "STFU"

Sorry venting frustration (after reading the chicago tribune page AND that article)

"It's the kind of place where they patrol the grounds of the international airport on horseback. Or where the Museum of Natural Science recently opened an exhibit entitled "Diana: A Celebration," featuring such rare scientific specimens as "28 stunning designer dresses" once worn by the late Princess of Wales."

The quote of Houstonitsworthit.com, they must not have a sence of humor.

"Last month, the frenzied evacuation of the city ahead of Hurricane Rita triggered 100-mile-long traffic jams in which drivers became trapped for hours without fuel or water."

Maybe Chicago's bias is even worse then Toronto's, or Dubai's... (Been to all 3)

They bash the Astros, even though our team started in 1964, and theres is well over a 100 years old, and this is only the second time going to the World Series for them. As soon as Chicago has to test it's reputation, they overkill. I think the article is somthing the tribune should be ashamed of, talking about the museum and Diana like that. All I can do is shake my head.

I am still rooting for the Astros tonight, I have a feeling we will go to game 5.

And for those who aren't loyal fans and only cheer for the team when they win, good keep it that way, we don't want you at the parties when we do win.

They mentioned little about helping the Katrina Victims in that article. I read it but it didn't sound positive. Instead of understanding the way a natural diaster works ...diaster comes you flee with your life and car.

Wait till Chicago is under a ton of snowstorm advisories. We'll be waiting...I say karma bites you in the butt and the more you put out the more you get back.

I WANT to see the astros "bite back" just to nip at how Chicago talks down to us. Its one thing to play a game of baseball but is it necessary to downtalk the city?

I hear the Cubs are going for the Astros!! I hope so!! Maybe the Cubbies can have a word or two to their neighbors to the south.

LATEST NEWS:

Fans sueing Major League Baseball...

some fans with Asthma and those who have difficulty breathing are suing Major League Baseball for having the roof open and are accustomed to 70 degree weather and it dipped in the 50's last night.

(KTRK.COM reported)

ONE reason we NEEDED the roof closed!

Theme song for Astro's tonight...

"I believe in Miracles"

I don’t believe in losing

I’m not afraid of tonight

People who follow their hearts survive

Don’t need the chains of rules

I am no refugee

They say that the eyes of the soul surrender

Give me little lovin’ , can we set the world alight

Ev’ry thing I wanted walking right beside me , fans