World Series 2005

houstonsemipro

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
y'all just mad cause Houston about to get swept. If they lose Game 3, say bye-bye.

If they do, they do. Sure we want them to win the World Series, but if they don't, we can't dwell on it. They made it this far and that's awsome. They got the cake. Whether or not they'll be able to ice it, we don't know. Sometimes cake is just as good without the icing. If the Sox win, good for them. They'll celebrate for a week and then it'll be forgotten about. I forgot who won this year's NBA championship until I went to Wal-Mart yesterday and saw some blankets that said San Antionio Spurs NBA Champions and here we are in the same state. It's been too stressful these past few weeks watching the Astros. Sure this is super exciting, but the regular and more relaxed season sounds pretty nice right now.

C'mon, Astros! Put the icing on the cake. If not, oh well. We love y'all anyway (and hate the Sox! Blah ha ha!).

To be honest, I don't care if we win the World Series. I'm just happy we made it there finally, and happy the Astros were able to prove that they're a better TEAM than the Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals, Angels, and all the other teams breaking te bank with their payroll. And if ANYONE won the Championship other than the Astros, I'd want it to be either the White Sox or Rangers, or any other team not breaking the bank and are actually trying to develop a TEAM.

I am extremely proud the the 'Stros, yo!!! I hope we get to the big dance more often now, and I hope we win it too!!!

I am happy for the Astros because look how far they came! I mean here we are in June with a newspaper saying "Astros season" is possibly dead and we're like "oh great let's give up home on the Astros they are losing every game to the nail biting on edge of our seats World Series. That's come a VERY Long way. Its like almost winning a race and trailing from behind.

I also don't care if we win or lose either its just us making as much history in this season as we possibly did (including the oh so fun 18 innings LOL)

You want to see poor sportsmanship head to www.astros.com and look at the fan boards for The Astros or KTRK's message board for the Astros and see what the White Sox vs. Astros have to say. Its kinda entertaining. :)

That's right, we made history. Never has there been a World Series played in Texas. It is happening in Arlington with the Rangers? No! Is it in San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, Corpus Christi, Brownsville, El Paso, Waco? No! It's in Houston. WE made history for Texas and nothing will ever change that. The first WS to have been played in TX will always be Houston.

About those other boards, I prefer to stay off of those and would rather talk here.

A couple of old cranky people who live down the street are flying a big flag from the front door this morning, and the kids I was carpooling asked me to stop for a minute to let them see it better. They thought it said SUX and I had to explain to them that it actually said SOX in some funky script. They just laughed and thought that the White Sox had an unintentionally offensive banner. White Sux, gotta love it! :D

I hate to keep harping on this, but this is media bias at its best, or should I say worst.

This article from today's Hollywood Reporter is all about the World Series and there's not even a mention of the Astros:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/colum...t_id=1001350971

Honestly, though, I think it would be the same way if it had been the Rangers or another southern team sans the Braves.

I heard about the roof being shut for the game. BS!! I mean Astros had to play in wind/cold and rain. WHY NOT STOP THE GAME! That was unfair!

Perhaps the rain should have stopped the game. I haven't heard much news on the game I did hear about one of the Astros on Letterman via video...it was letterman right?

sorry overtired.

y'all just mad cause Houston about to get swept. If they lose Game 3, say bye-bye.

Let me guess, you play SemiPro ball, because you never played at the college level, and you'd never have a shot at the pro level. I'm betting that you are a starting End, Guard, and Tackle. Am I right ? You sit and the End of the bench, and Guard the water, and Tackle anyone that tries to get to it without coach's say so. :mellow: Loser.

Man, the roof controversy really stirs me up. I agree 100% with Ausmus they should have regulated the whole season if they wanted it closed not now that were in the World Series. That is quite unfair.

I also agree with him that the MLB probably likes the A.L. better.

Sorry, but I'm giving up. It's been fun. See you next season, Astros.

Matthew McConaughey

I saw him on the local Fox 26 news, but I didn't see him during the game broadcast. I haven't seen anyone except Babs. The network didn't even plant any stars from their future TV flops in the audience like they did in Chicago.

I saw him on the local Fox 26 news, but I didn't see him during the game broadcast. I haven't seen anyone except Babs. The network didn't even plant any stars from their future TV flops in the audience like they did in Chicago.

Speaking of showing people, anyone else notice they have shown this one girl with a white sox hat on at least four times. I don't remember them trying to represent the teams equally while they were in Chicago.

Also yes bottom of the ninth, we just need one run.

Well, I'm rooting for the Astros up here in Dallas. It was great to see all the shots of the stadium in the big game tonight. I think that all looked great but the shot of downtown going into the 3rd inning was pretty depressing as far as lighting. Such a striking downtown during the day looked too tame in comparison.

I really believe the Astros can win this series. I think they need things to go their way to do it, but its not like some series where one team is truly dominating. Had the walk not occured in the other game, and the ball not hit whatever it did in left field in this 3rd game, the Astros would probably be up 2 games to 1.

Jason

They lost again. This is a boring World Series game. Chicago is 3-0. I know Chicago and the rest of the teams laughing at us.

Astros have to win the World Series to get respect. You can't just go to the World Series and say, "Hey, we're here." If this be a sweep, y'all think they laughing at Houston now, just wait until the end. The New York Post, and other major newspapers will down rate Houston it will be ashame.

I think St.Louis and Chicago would have been a better game, then this one. Chicago thinks Houston is a joke.

"I think St.Louis and Chicago would have been a better game, then this one. Chicago thinks Houston is a joke."

By what logic? We beat StL so how would they have done better? Despite the fact that we are 3-0, every game has been close. It is not as if the sox are spanking us.

They lost again. This is a boring World Series game. Chicago is 3-0. I know Chicago and the rest of the teams laughing at us.

Astros have to win the World Series to get respect. You can't just go to the World Series and say, "Hey, we're here." If this be a sweep, y'all think they laughing at Houston now, just wait until the end. The New York Post, and other major newspapers will down rate Houston it will be ashame.

I think St.Louis and Chicago would have been a better game, then this one. Chicago thinks Houston is a joke.

You're boring and annoying. All you do is delicate flower about Houston sports. Go find another city to delicate flower about. You forget so easily that they are already the National League Pennant winners. That still stands for something to real fans of baseball.

You're not a real fan - stop posing and troll somewhere else.

To the rest of the board, GO 'STROS! Even if we get swept, at least we finally made it to the big show. Congrats Astros.

PS - I'm not normally one for name calling - but I'm making a big "Killler Bee" exception in your case. ;)

It was funnier when the fan tried to go for the ball behind home plate and the catcher tried to catch it. Then later Backe goes, "yea fan get that ball!!" on the microphone! :P

We made history AGAIN with longest inning! I think if we don't win this game tonight (Weds) then well at least we can say we made plenty of history. Anyone want the countdown?

Longest Inning Post-game (18 innings)

Long inning World Series (14 innings)

First time state of Texas has been to World Series

I can't remember the others

It was funnier when the fan tried to go for the ball behind home plate and the catcher tried to catch it. Then later Backe goes, "yea fan get that ball!!" on the microphone! :P

We made history AGAIN with longest inning! I think if we don't win this game tonight (Weds) then well at least we can say we made plenty of history. Anyone want the countdown?

Longest Inning Post-game (18 innings)

Long inning World Series (14 innings)

First time state of Texas has been to World Series

I can't remember the others

Baseball is notorious for meticulous record keeping and record setting/breaking. Like you were saying though, I've heard at least 20 different player records set just for this post season. As for team records, maybe about 10 have been set. And for MLB, probably at least 5 have been set or broken.

Watching that fan rob the Sox 1st baseman of that foul was sweet. Was was even funnier was the replay where you see the fan get creamed by the Sox's glove coming down from the missed catch. At least the Sox's 1st baseman was classy enough to give the ball the the kid sitting 3 seats over instead of the older man who was yelling at him to give back the foul ball.

Archived