Shamrock Tower At 617 Main St.

dbigtex56

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everytime I walk past that site, there's a band on the corner and a homeless guy always wanting my money. :lol:

But, I really hope that some other person buys this site and builds something on it (something not equaling another McDonald's).

Everytime I walk past that site, there's a band on the corner and a homeless guy always wanting my money. :lol:

But, I really hope that some other person buys this site and builds something on it (something not equaling another McDonald's).

Patience, grasshopper... ;-)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Does Houston have any kind of ordinance against panhandling?

• 5 months later...
If this were a "fee simple" sale of land, it would have been sold many, many months ago. However, the Shamrock Site (for lack of any other identifying term) has been ecumbered by not one, but TWO ten million dollar liens. When you add to this the multi-million dollar tax liens, interest ticker and mechanics and materialmen's liens, the project has more than $25MM of encumbrances. Remember, it is not even the full city block. There is that awful empty building which takes up a corner of the lot. OH, and McDonalds is still out there with a signed agreement maintaining they must be rebuilt on the site if it is ever developed. Lot has $500 psf against it. NO land in Houston is worth that.

Thus the problem. Tracey screwed this land up so much that someone with more patience than I is going to have to clean it through foreclosure.

Hines has purchased this lot and will be building a 30+ story office tower here once Main Place has signed considerable leases. There's a thread on here titled Hines North I believe.

• The title was changed to Shamrock Tower At 617 Main St.
  • The topic was unlocked

Archived