Post Oak Place: Mid-Rise Development At 1801 Post Oak Blvd.

Urbannizer

On 1/6/2020 at 9:23 AM, gene said:

dang those people in the adjacent apartments...bye bye view...and sunlight...

I'm kind of welcoming the dystopian mazerunner wall. Facing dead west is terrible in the summer, I rarely ever open my blinds and maybe my electric bill will go down now. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/26/2020 at 8:56 PM, jmitch94 said:

To be fair most stand alone retail like a fast food restaurants are around 75% parking 

Thats also standard for nearly any development of any makeup in Houston, with slight variations depending on the program. If you aren't building a parking garage, the general rule of thumb is that 2/3rds of your lot is going to be parking. If you have a parking garage then its only 1/3rd, but 1/3rd is still a lot!

On 1/26/2020 at 2:08 PM, richfish said:

Literally a little bit more than half this development is just the parking garage. 

If you don't like it, keep pushing the city to dump the ridiculous parking minimums and shift to market based parking. Even though we don't have a lot of public transit yet, that market based parking probably would cut down the size of parking garages from taking up 1/3rd of a development to at least 1/4 or even 1/5.

Edited by Luminare
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

zadok-master-jewelers-logo-trans-retina.

^^^ this particular edifice is being beautifully constructed.   the overall scale and scope... seems to be perfectly posh for POST OAK BLVD.  customers alike, are going to be patronizing this particular location just to be seen here.  brilliantly planned... brilliantly constructed... and brilliant location...

• Like 5

3 hours ago, kennyc05 said:

This building has a really cool street presence it looks good!

I think when more and more buildings get built with the idea of street presence, we’ll see fewer and fewer developers default to parking in the front, regardless of ordinance. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...