Demolished: 509 & 517 Louisiana St.

Urbannizer

Maybe they plan on double stacking cars - it is supposed to be a valet lot so theoretically they could do that.

Either way it seems really small for extra parking for them - and not to start building something there?  Not even have a plan out there - oh we'll demolish these buildings but don't worry it won't be a parking lot for long because we're building our new garage and ballroom there.  Nothing like that

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
5 minutes ago, Nate99 said:

So they are shoring up the wall of the hotel that faces this lot and doing soil sample testing.

Something's afoot.

I can only imagine it is something wonderful. These guys have such a great history of doing good work in the community. Perhaps it will be a parking garage that is done to be period with the hotel itself. Victorian era parking garages are always hard to come by.

If we are lucky it will be a precast concrete garage with a tropical themed pool and spa on the top, set back just enough to retain a couple head in parking spaces in front. Of course this would leave no room for greenery, which is totally overrated anyway.

• 8 months later...
1 hour ago, Chi-Char-Hou-Dal said:

K A R M A is a delicate flower... I don’t like to equate my personal beliefs with wishing bad on a business. However, If you could have read their response when I sent them a heartfelt email telling them they will lose all my business...

40F2EE5A-47FA-40BA-99D9-DD2BEF490DB0.jpeg

What was their response? I'm curious. I don't want to lose a beautiful building because of the ego of a few a**holes. It's still a very important building for this city. 

They basically said how dare you say we don’t care about history. The buildings are unsaveable and uninformed people like you can’t have an opinion because you don’t have any money involved. I responded I would send my 10 + groups of out of town guests for work for the year elsewhere downtown.

The hotel was fine and hit a price point and was convenient for us being DT - there are a lot of great options now mostly I put them up at The Hilton America’s or JW on Main. Big swings in nightly rate makes it interesting. La Maison in midtown is also a wild card - have had a few bigger groups take over the whole place.

Archived