I could have sworn these were the same projects? I asked about it last week and I thought Niche told me they were the same. However, I can't find the thread that I posted it in. But from what I can remember, the different website have the same location when you look at their aerial view, or so I thought.

No. Two adjacent projects, but under different ownership. Westcreek = Oaks District = River Oaks District, and is owned by OliverMcMillan. Central Ford = High Street, and is owned by Trademark.

Apparently you aren't the only one confused. The HBJ article went to some length to provide a history of each deal.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How come we never talked about that Briarglen?? It's 8 stories.

Anyway, has anyone driven past it? What are your impressions? I like the renderings.

--------------

Pelican Builders have also built another townhome community that nobody created a thread about - SouthPoint townhomes.

http://www.pelicanbuilders.com/

Edited by lockmat

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
That seems quite ambitious for that section of land. Of course, it's hard to really get a feel for the scale since historically all we've had to go on was the lot to a car dealership. In any case, it certainly will be a volatile addition to that area of town.

Now imagine it right next door to River Oaks District

Quite a transformation for that block.

Now imagine it right next door to River Oaks District

Quite a transformation for that block.

You get a real feel for Uptown's area in that photo, including just how much room there is for redevelopment. It would be cool if one of you really crafty graphics fiends could come up with a composite sketch of how the Uptown skyline would look with all the proposed projects (Turnberry, Cosmopolitan, Titan, River Oaks, High Street, etc, etc) built out.

You get a real feel for Uptown's area in that photo, including just how much room there is for redevelopment. It would be cool if one of you really crafty graphics fiends could come up with a composite sketch of how the Uptown skyline would look with all the proposed projects (Turnberry, Cosmopolitan, Titan, River Oaks, High Street, etc, etc) built out.

dont forget blvd.

i cannot wait to see the transformation of our city in 3-5 years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I like the look. It will offer a nice transition from Highland Village to the River Oaks District and it is certainly better than a Ford Dealership with concrete lots!

I like it too, for the exact same reasons. Plus, I think it will make the awesome River Oaks District project seem bigger and grander. I hope they make these two projects easily accessible to one another for shoppers and tourist.

Edited by Mister X
  • Like 1

Here's an idea of what the Uptown skyline might look like in a few years.

gallery_1628_46_18390.jpg

I probably should have found a better photo but I was in a hurry so I just slapped this together fast because I just couldn't wait to see what the future of uptown might look like in a few years.

Edited by Mister X
  • Like 1

Here's an idea of what the Uptown skyline might look like in a few years.

You're amazing.

You know what's funny is that if/when these get built, we'll forget what the skyline used to look like and just want more. "[We] can't get noooo...sat-is-factioooon."

• Like 1

Here's another crazy fantasy photo of Uptown at a different angle. I'm just guessing as to where the 50 and 80 story towers that are mentioned in another thread would go. But the source said somewhere near Williams Tower and there seems to be a lot of speculation about the area near Richmond @ Post Oak - so I put them there. Also, I'm just guessing about the possible place that the BLVD towers would be located. The Greeway Plaza area is blocking the view of where the River Oaks District towers would be.

The original spectacular photo was taken by JAX I think. JAX, I hope it's o.k. to crop and draw on this and repost it here. If it isn't let me know and I will promptly delete it. It's just for fun.

gallery_1628_46_62004.jpg

Edited by Mister X

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hou_highstreettrademark.jpg

http://www.globest.com/news/1108_1108/houston/168839-1.html

After nearly two years of working the plan, Trademark Property Co. is forging ahead on the $105-million High Street, a mixed-use project less than one mile from the Galleria Mall.

The redevelopment will have 233 apartments atop 100,000 sf of retail and 80,000 sf of office in a separate structure. The foundation's been poured for the office building, with residential and retail to go vertical in 60 to 90 days.

I like being the bearer of good news! :)