• 2 months later...

I don't know of this is the official HighStreet thread but...

High20Street1.jpg

High20Street2.jpg

High20Street3.jpg

High-Street4.jpg

Ok, its not Houston in the background but it says Houston on the website.

http://www.ediarchit...20High%20Street

Anyone? I post new renderings of High Street back in April and no one has anything to say? Ugh... huh.gif

Well this may be the new plan and/or design for High Street.

Kosene & Kosene Residential Development Company

• 4-Story Wood Frame Residential Above Cast-in-Place Concrete Retail Structure
  • 4-Story Wood Frame Residential
  • 10-Story Parking Garage
  • 234 Multi-family Apartment Units
Trademark Property, Kosene and Kosene Development, and Converty Real Estate are the developers, but the new renderings can't be found on their website. Why? Because they haven't updated anything since 2008.

Edited by UpuPUp!

• 1 year later...

I thought so. Didn't they start construction on High Street Houston and left the frames just sitting there to rust?

Yes. I noticed High Street's developer got a new website and High Street was not listed anymore. I emailed that to Purva Patel (Nancy's replacement) and she confirmed with the company that it was only on hold, and then they re-added it to their website. But yeah, some of the frames are just sitting there rusting.

Yes. I noticed High Street's developer got a new website and High Street was not listed anymore. I emailed that to Purva Patel (Nancy's replacement) and she confirmed with the company that it was only on hold, and then they re-added it to their website. But yeah, some of the frames are just sitting there rusting.

You mean Nancy Sarnoff's replacement? What happened to her? I see that her blog has been saying that she is on leave for months now.

So is ours going up or what?

This is still happening. A friend of mine who works at Morris Architects (they are one of the project architects) mentioned that they were going

to start off building in smaller phases. He mentioned that construction could begin as early as the end of this year.

• Like 1

This is still happening. A friend of mine who works at Morris Architects (they are one of the project architects) mentioned that they were going

to start off building in smaller phases. He mentioned that construction could begin as early as the end of this year.

Awesome!

• 3 months later...

Anyone know who the owner is the of the land just north of this building? Is it the same as the Highland owner? There's plenty of room there for another tower, real close to River Oaks District and HighStreet, just sayin.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=TX-249+N%2FTomball+Pkwy&daddr=38053+Windy+Ridge+Trail,+Magnolia,+TX+77355&hl=en&geocode=FXbLywEdCnNM-g%3BFb9czAEdXB1L-il7DAqeMtZGhjHGBlJUTdolYg&gl=us&mra=dme&mrsp=0&sz=11&sll=30.038189,-95.673752&sspn=0.44225,0.614548&ie=UTF8&ll=29.744869,-95.451037&spn=0.003465,0.004801&t=h&z=18

• 4 weeks later...

River Oaks District and High Street, slated for development on adjacent properties on Westheimer, are looking for various types of tenants in an effort to move forward. Both projects were on display in May in Las Vegas at the International Council of Shopping Centers annual convention.

Read more: Inner Loop mixed-use projects back on table | Houston Business Journal
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

High Street, a $105 million project that had broken ground not long before it was halted in 2008, is being restarted later this year by the Dinerstein Cos.

Now called Millennium High Street, the project will consist of 336 luxury apartments and 27,000 square feet of retail space. It was originally planned by a Fort Worth-based developer with 100,000 square feet of retail space, 80,000 square feet for offices and 233 residential units.

Construction will start again on the Inner Loop Westheimer site in the fourth quarter, said Brian Dinerstein, a partner in the company.

The retail broker leasing the project said more shop space could be supported were it not for the shaky capital markets.

"In order to get things financed in the mixed-use world, you've got to be conservative," Nick Hernandez of Page Partners said.

Read more: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/7655882.html#ixzz1STjYsYwa

• Like 1

"Brian says Dinerstein had been focusing on student housing work over the past few years (almost 90% of its development was in that arena), but now it’s back pretty heavily in infill. The firm has completed two Millennium infill projects in Houston and has two planned. It’ll break ground on Millennium Uptown (238 units, rendered above) in a few weeks and Millennium High Street (379 units) in October. Brian says the Uptown project had its challenges: When Dinerstein bought the site from the bank last year, the seller didn’t want to deliver the deed. That tacked another 30 days to an already difficult transaction. A sign of the times, Dinerstein’s got numerous projects in the works that it picked up midstream. The High Street deal and a student housing development at UNT are prime examples"

http://www.bisnow.com/houston_commercial_real_estate_news_story.php?p=16265

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

This project is definitely back on, new sidewalk/fence banners, trailer, the works. If I can snap some photos and post, I will.

I was driving down the street from Highland Village and so some updated activity on Monday.

What a difference a couple of years makes in Houston.

Yep. Saw it a few days ago. There's a lot of work happening there now. I wonder what they are going to do with that steel frame that's been standing there for 3 years. Do you think they'll use it or tear it down and start over seeing as it's been exposed to the elements for several years now?

Yep. Saw it a few days ago. There's a lot of work happening there now. I wonder what they are going to do with that steel frame that's been standing there for 3 years. Do you think they'll use it or tear it down and start over seeing as it's been exposed to the elements for several years now?

Looks like they will be using it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...