On 5/24/2021 at 6:32 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Highline Park is opening this summer at MKT, 600 N Shepherd.

According to someone associated with Highline Park, the group's other two food & beverage concepts for M-K-T, Picnic Supply Co. and Casa Nomad, will probably open in the fall.

The website for Highline Park launched last month.

https://highlineparkhtx.com

There are also two Facebook pages

https://facebook.com/Highline-Park-112543220615806

https://facebook.com/highlinepark.htx

Do you know anything about what the concept will be for Picnic Supply Co.?

11 hours ago, emmanume said:

Do you know anything about what the concept will be for Picnic Supply Co.?

Looks like there was one in Austin. Might be the same thing - we seem to get quite a few Austin concepts here. I don't see a DBA filed in Harris County, and there's no company by that name on the Comptroller's taxable entity site.

6 hours ago, Ross said:

Looks like there was one in Austin. Might be the same thing - we seem to get quite a few Austin concepts here. I don't see a DBA filed in Harris County, and there's no company by that name on the Comptroller's taxable entity site.

You're referring to Picnik, a restaurant based in Austin. Picnik is not opening a location at MKT. However, a Houston outpost is coming to Montrose Collective at 888 Westheimer.

A few days ago I posted about Picnik & a handful of other tenants slated for Montrose Collective. A few of them, including Picnik haven't been officially announced or either discussed on the forum, but were listed to the Montrose Collective site plan recently.

Picnic Supply Co., on the other hand, is a local concept. As mentioned in my past comments in the thread, Picnic Supply Co. is one of three MKT dining concepts from the team behind Wicklow Heights and Kanaloa (RIP).

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, swishafisha said:

What is the address of the warehouse you are referencing?

54 minutes ago, Ross said:

501 N Shepherd

It will be interesting what happens to the other warehouses in the vicinity... I can see this area take off with more multifamily in addition to a MKT campus expansion. I love that people in the area can walk to restaurants or make a pit stop there. This development is catering to the traditional consumer as well as the more pedestrian oriented consumer. A perfect blend for Houston as the emphasis seems to be refocusing around walkable places.

I admit I still drive many places. Though, my spouse works here and enjoys being able to bike to work (thankfully without going on any major streets).

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, emmanume said:

Community Impact reported fitness facility Mayweather Boxing will be opening up at this development as well.

Build out for La La Land Kind Cafe is almost complete. Ran into some of the workers taking pictures around the trail and they told me it should be ready to open in 3-4 weeks.

Central City Co-Op (currently on 420 E 20th St) is closing its doors this Sunday and moving to an undisclosed location. I’m going to type into existence that they are moving to M-K-T (based on absolutely nothing). 

I've heard from multiple people that La La Land Kind Cafe has the best coffee, super excited for that one! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Amlaham said:

I've heard from multiple people that La La Land Kind Cafe has the best coffee, super excited for that one! 

They have an incredible menu of matcha lattes which I'm most excited for 😋

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TacoDog said:

la la land is opening this weekend, soft opening this week. The hours are listed as 6:30am to 7pm.

Uqh6n27.jpeg

ljowFux.jpeg

CRkTIH1.jpeg

04PbX0L.jpeg

fXYOhRz.jpeg

This place is getting a lot of attention on Instagram/ TikTok. Their grand opening is May 7th with half priced drinks. Their drinks are actually really good, if you end up going try their matcha drinks!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 10:51 AM, hindesky said:

Should this have its own topic?

Shepherd Trail Development.

p5WzwKh.pngkpkAIAk.png

SqE3SJG.png

Not saying that there isn't something planned for this property, but I haven't heard of anything happening soon.  An associate of mine told me the reason that this plat was done is because of the Shepherd/Durham Reconstruction Project and that there is an encroachment of the 651 N. Shepherd building into the North Durham right of way.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Paco Jones said:

Not saying that there isn't something planned for this property, but I haven't heard of anything happening soon.  An associate of mine told me the reason that this plat was done is because of the Shepherd/Durham Reconstruction Project and that there is an encroachment of the 651 N. Shepherd building into the North Durham right of way.

My evil side says that the solution to the encroachment is to use a 60 foot diameter saw, and remove the offending portion of the building, preferably without notice. I recall that some developer in Majorca built a taller than allowed building in the airport flight path, and was shocked to find, once construction was complete, that the government sent over a bunch of equipment and demolished the building. 

• Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
7 hours ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Mala / Mala Sichuan Bistro restaurant soft opened over the weekend at M-K-T, 600 N Shepherd Dr, Ste 453.

Photo posted to their Google Maps listing yesterday:

I8GVVCc.jpg

Their website has said this location is open along with hours for at least three months...I would go by and of course still under construction. I just finally gave up. Glad to see they are finally almost open for real.