12 hours ago, X.R. said:

Man, I appreciate the working thats been done but 2024? Doesn't that seem a bit slow? Memorial built a land bridge in a two year span, meanwhile at Hermann it looks like they've mostly just moved dirt around and cleared stuff away and its been closed for most of this year. Just feels like Memorial got deeper pockets to get things done.

i went by there yesterday, and it's s lot of heavy construction and literally making mounds out molehills.   Much concrete work going on. 

"How do we bring a public park closer to nature?  Let's pour concrete!" — pretty much the most Houston though ever. 

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Ducks And Rats At Hermann Park
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • The title was changed to Hermann Park At 6100 Hermann Park Dr.

Dog Park, work hasn't even started yet but I think it's because Centerpoint or a contractor for them is standing up and stringing new high voltage electrical towers. That is what you see in the background.

Need to update the sign.

x4PHe5f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I reallllly hope that concrete on the launch pad is covered by something spongey and soft because yikes, that is going to suck otherwise.

Its nice that they are already replanting trees, that's a good sign. I just can't shake how much the length of time is bothering me when compared to all the improvements they recently made at Memorial Park. Early 2024 doesn't even look possible based on those pics. That area has been closed a long time already. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, X.R. said:

I reallllly hope that concrete on the launch pad is covered by something spongey and soft because yikes, that is going to suck otherwise.

Its nice that they are already replanting trees, that's a good sign. I just can't shake how much the length of time is bothering me when compared to all the improvements they recently made at Memorial Park. Early 2024 doesn't even look possible based on those pics. That area has been closed a long time already. 

Relax.  They only started on this in April of last year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, X.R. said:

I bet they cover with something spongy like they have at Discovery Greens children's playground area.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

^^ Why wouldn't they!?  These are professionals doing this.  So, trust that they will make good and informed decisions.  Also, probably doesn't make sense to pay overtime to get a park done early.   Remember reading the same type of concerns when the Memorial Park tunnels were under construction and some contributors here were hoping that the designers there thought about details like, protecting pedestrians from falling onto the roadway from above.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...