Pearl Marketplace At Midtown: Multifamily At 3120 Smith St.

DrLan34

On 10/8/2023 at 11:56 AM, Sanjorade said:

The 24 hour fitness was crap. Should replace w/ a nicer gym tbh. 

The CVS was in no man’s land. 

Whole Foods is too expensive for the neighborhood. Should be a Trader Joe’s or small Target. 

Yeah Morgan Group will def fill the space soon. I don't expect this to stay vacant long. A Target would be perfect

• Like 2

11 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Yeah Morgan Group will def fill the space soon. I don't expect this to stay vacant long.

I hope you're right.

11 hours ago, j_cuevas713 said:

A Target would be perfect

A Target would be a great addition at Pearl Marketplace too. I like the Target stores with groceries included, although I do miss Archer Farms, their in-house branded food items.

On 10/9/2023 at 12:12 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

According to Houston Chronicle, Whole Foods Market in Midtown is closing Friday.  

Word on the street is that it's already long closed.  They had a 70% off sale, and everything went in one day. 

I haven't been down there to confirm.

12 minutes ago, editor said:

Word on the street is that it's already long closed.  They had a 70% off sale, and everything went in one day. 

I haven't been down there to confirm.

Not already "long closed".  And everything did not go in one day.  As others noted over the weekend.  It was 60% off Sunday afternoon and already pretty cleaned out. Per Houston Public Media, the sale started Saturday @ 50% off. Sunday was 60%. Monday was 70%.

"By Monday afternoon, employees put up “70 percent off” signs for what was left in the store: some vitamins and sparkling waters, glass vases and a handful of granola bars. The “60 percent off” wine aisle was still heavily stocked with Chardonnay and Rosé."

It sounds like it may have closed Monday afternoon.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/8/2023 at 11:56 AM, Sanjorade said:

The 24 hour fitness was crap. Should replace w/ a nicer gym tbh. 

The CVS was in no man’s land. 

Whole Foods is too expensive for the neighborhood. Should be a Trader Joe’s or small Target. 

CVS is slated to become a Dollar Tree. Work was underway last I saw.