Eighteen25 Downtown: Multifamily At 1825 San Jacinto St.

Urbannizer

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.bisnow.com/houston/news/deal-sheet/this-weeks-houston-deal-sheet-50979

Allied Orion Group broke ground on Block 384, a 242-unit multifamily community Downtown. It’ll open in Q3 ’17 at 1825 San Jacinto. Allied Orion partnered with Houston EB5 and ATMA for equity, and BancorpSouth Bank provided debt. The community is designed by Meeks + Partners and will meet the National Green Building Standards Bronze Certification. Pictured are Mayor Pro-Tem Ed Gonzalez, Houston EB5’s Emilio Guzman and Roberto Contreras, BancorpSouth’s Dick Sadka and Steve Smith, Allied Orion’s Ricardo Rivas and Tim Myers, ATMA’s Rene Bremauntz and Allied Orion’s Kirk Tate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's part of the DLI incentives program, right? They have to have a retail component to qualify, I believe..

I thought that was the case as well, but there's no mention of retail for this one.

I'm eager to see the final product, one of the better designed mid-rises for Houston.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I think since the redo - Pappas does good business and even is pretty full at night. With the new residents I see them only doing better.

Book store and storage - good riddance. I know a few O&G engineers that get books from that specialized store though I imagine they could just go online?

They're in store selection has really gone down hill even in the last year. They say they can order anything if I find it, but so can I using Amazon. Going to a book store is all about trying to find a book

And I am talking about trying to find engineering books. There is absolutely nothing that isn't a technical book

I think since the redo - Pappas does good business and even is pretty full at night. With the new residents I see them only doing better.

Book store and storage - good riddance. I know a few O&G engineers that get books from that specialized store though I imagine they could just go online?

When I say replaced, I mean the building, not the business. I would love if Pappas would still be there, but in a building that makes better use of the land. Same with the bookstore. A drive through single floor building is such poor land use.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...