Holiday Inn Hotel At 1616 Main St.

jdbaker

• 2 months later...

I remember reading that a pair of Indian investors were running this project. Hopefully this isn't another fiasco by the Dhanani Brothers who brought us the Wendys Oak tree takedown. Regardless this group seems to have bitten off more than they could handle.

Fortunately the CNB remake is really impressive. Maybe they'll finish it and move on to the Days Inn. I wish they'd at least tear out all of the old curtains and power wash it. The city needs to take some kind of action to get whoever owns that property to clean it up.

With everything else they're doing for the upcoming super bowl it would seem like the downtown district would want this eyesore cleaned up before all of those visitors come to town. 

Edited by bobruss
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Is the old Days Inn the giant abandoned building kinda south west of this Holiday Inn? It's seriously be biggest eye sour with downtown right now. Wouldn't mind seeing that go or at least cleaned up a bit.

Correct. I also wish they could atleast renovate it as well, it would look a heck of alot better than it does now.

LOVE Skyhouse.. I'm waiting for something to buy in the Downtown area, Sold the house in Katy about 2 years ago and moved inner-city.  Traffic is awesome downtown, the freeways suck, I dont miss commuting anymore - walking/taking Light Rail to my office downtown is perfect!

I can also see the progress going on at the Block336 project from my living room. (suppose to be a 5 to 6 story apartment complex I believe)

10550946_10205450400325108_5355616216671

Great view. Would you mind sharing rent and sq footage and how full you think the building is? I hope it is successful and the third one gets built.

Great view. Would you mind sharing rent and sq footage and how full you think the building is? I hope it is successful and the third one gets built.

I have a 2bdrm/2bathroom floor plan is around 1,000sqft. (pretty small coming from a 3K sqft home in the burbs) but That's about all the space I need.

Last I heard, the building was 45~% or so leased out... not too bad for being open for 5 months or so?

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I keep meaning to update this thread everytime I drive by Savoy. Construction is certainly continuing. Looks like the lobby is coming soon. They just tore out the sidewalks near the lobby the other week.

That is good news. In many respects I am more excited about having this "budget friendly" property come online than I am about the more expensive hotels that are underway (or recently completed). Downtown needs hotel price points that the rich can afford as well as hotels that the small businessman or middle-class family of four can afford. This property will add to the existing pool of the latter.

• Like 2

I keep meaning to update this thread everytime I drive by Savoy. Construction is certainly continuing. Looks like the lobby is coming soon. They just tore out the sidewalks near the lobby the other week.

16116626660_ccc225385b_h.jpg

Flagship Holiday Inn by marclongoria, on Flickr

16117853229_c9e1487ec5_h.jpg

Flagship Holiday Inn by marclongoria, on Flickr

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

One day, lad, all of this will be yours.

What, the curtains?

Hope Im wrong but I gotta say at this point, with all this grey in the exterior still present, Holiday Inn Savoy is beginning to look more like the Main St PDF...

HolidayInn_zpsf15f8e88.jpg

And less like this....

HolidayInn-Downtown_hotel_front.png