Midtown Retail Development

hokieone

• The title was changed to Retail To Open At Travis St. And Elgin St.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to High Fashion Home At 3100 Travis St.
  • The title was changed to 2nd Floor View From High Fashion Stohttps://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/17692-2nd-floor-view-from-high-fashion-store/re
  • 1 month later...
On 9/10/2023 at 1:20 AM, IntheKnowHouston said:

Does anyone have further insight into forthcoming renovations at the 3100 Travis St property in Midtown? High Fashion Home is located here. Supposedly, there are plans for a massive two-level food hall.

I asked around and there is a food hall in planning for 3100 Travis St. Apparently, it will be two levels.

The food hall will feature somewhere between 15 to 25 food stalls. There will also be several bars situated throughout.

There will be space for visitors to play games and other activities. Some activities include simulated golf and karaoke rooms. 

I don't know the name of the food hall or the operators involved. Perhaps more details will be revealed soon.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Brooklyn173 said:

I'm a little confused. Is High Fashion leaving and being replaced by the massive food hall, or will the food hall be an expansion of the existing building and High Fashion stays?

34 minutes ago, j_cuevas713 said:

Is this for this main building or the little building across the street on Louisiana? I keep hearing that building is going away soon

My understanding is High Fashion Home is not leaving 3100 Travis St. 

The food hall will occupy the first and second floor. Retail will be on the other floors.

This is going to be a huge project from what I'm hearing. The first and second levels are expected to undergo major renovations. I think with the size of the food hall and location, an announcement is likely soon to come.

• Like 8

On 9/11/2023 at 1:25 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

My understanding is High Fashion Home is not leaving 3100 Travis St. 

The food hall will occupy the first and second floor. Retail will be on the other floors.

This is going to be a huge project from what I'm hearing. The first and second levels are expected to undergo major renovations. I think with the size of the food hall and location, an announcement is likely soon to come.

Was told from someone very close to this company that it’s not happening. 

2 hours ago, Sanjorade said:

I reached out to High Fashion last week prior to posting about the proposed food hall. I was told by someone by phone and email there were no plans for a food hall. So, I messaged the person who originally posted the news.

After asking the person on Facebook for clarification, they sent a screenshot of construction and demo plans. The design is from Eimer Design, a Philadelphia architecture team whose robust portfolio includes a number of food hall designs across the county. 

I noticed the plans were dated April 2023. So, I inquired if this was moving forward or on the back burner. The poster shared contract bids went out for this in July. Bids were due last month.

Following that exchange, I reached out to High Fashion again with the new information. Their response: "while it's not currently official, anything is possible." 

It's been my experience businesses aren't very forthcoming regarding plans that have not been publicized to the general public. The same can be said when asking about closures or rebranding. And I get it. Businesses have their own timeline and plans in place for announcements of any kind.  I also understand plans aren't always set in stone. Things can change for a number of reasons.

Still, time and time again, I'll ask if something is in planning only to be told no or a response similar to the one provided by High Fashion. Then a few days later - even weeks or months later - there is a press release or a social media announcement confirming plans that were previously denied.

I suppose like everything that's posted here, we'll find out in due time if this is moving forward or not.

When I can, I'll post the proposed plans for the food hall.

• Like 2

As a Midtown resident who also shops at High Fashion Home occasionally, a food & beer hall on the lower levels may help draw people to the building and maybe to their store. It’s typically empty on all 4 floors most times I walk over. The occasional sidewalk sales don’t really move the needle much either. With numerous multifamily developments within walking  distance, this could attract more people within its walls, offering more revenue potential to the store itself if they can convert those foodies into new customers. Glam foodies and glam shopping. It could work. 

Edited by tigereye
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/8/2023 at 6:39 PM, lizard41 said:

Any update on the entire block development itself? Or has plans been shelved?

This development has not been shelved. It's moving forward.

According to a marketing video uploaded in August, Oxberry Group may be partnering with The Kirby Group on the Midtown development.

As noted throughout this topic, the forthcoming development includes the following properties:

• 3101 Louisiana St
  • 3100 Travis St
  • 3010 Milam St

https://player.vimeo.com/video/851651703

Edited by IntheKnowHouston
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

According to a marketing video uploaded in August, Oxberry Group may be partnering with The Kirby Group on the Midtown development.

As noted throughout this topic, the forthcoming development includes the following properties:

• 3101 Louisiana St
  • 3100 Travis St
  • 3010 Milam St

There is a marketing video for the proposed multi-block Midtown development. It was uploaded in August.

In the video is an overview of the latest plans for the development. The video indicates it's an adaptive reuse retail development. There are also models of a proposed building and renovations for existing buildings.

As noted previously, the forthcoming development includes the following properties:

• 3101 Louisiana St
  • 3100 Travis St
  • 3010 Milam St

Oxberry Group is the developer of this project. However, The Kirby Group may have joined forced with Oxberry Group. Kirby Group is listed in the video description for the Midtown development.

Latest details pertaining to the development are below. The details are from the video.

• Oxberry / The Kirby Group Midtown Development 

• Adaptive Reuse Retail Development 

• Hospitality | New Development

• 3101 Louisiana St, 3100 Travis St, and 3010 Milam St

• 3.5 City Blocks 

• Parcel Size: 3.72 acres 

• Project Size: 35,000 sf

• Number of Buildings: 4

• Rentable Area: 155,000 sf

• Main Street Facing: Elgin St 

• Secondary Street Facing: Milam St

• New private pedestrian street 

• Complete exterior building renovation and landscaping

• Complete parking renovation 

• New 6,800 SF standalone building

• New outdoor multi-purpose space at 3100 Travis St

• 5,000 sf second generation coffee shop / restaurant at 3010 Milam St

• Renovated 25,000 sf building

• 120,000 sf at 3100 Travis St; 4 stories

l9pw8WX.jpg

• Like 3

On 9/11/2023 at 3:08 PM, Paco Jones said:

Construction services are currently being sought for civil work related to the proposed abandonment of Rosalie Street between Louisiana and Milam.  I don't know what the plans are for the future development yet. 

The street abandonment is shown in a recent marketing video for Oxberry Group's forthcoming multi-block Midtown development.

In the video, a portion of Rosalie St is abandoned. It's the portion between the 3101 Louisiana St parcel and 3010 Milam St parcel. According to the video, the abandonment paves the way for a new private pedestrian street. 

iVgJI7k.jpg

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

There is a marketing video for the proposed multi-block Midtown development. It was uploaded in August.

In the video is an overview of the latest plans for the development. The video indicates it's an adaptive reuse retail development. There are also models of a proposed building and renovations for existing buildings.

As noted previously, the forthcoming development includes the following properties:

• 3101 Louisiana St
  • 3100 Travis St
  • 3010 Milam St

Oxberry Group is the developer of this project. However, The Kirby Group may have joined forced with Oxberry Group. Kirby Group is listed in the video description for the Midtown development.

Latest details pertaining to the development are below. The details are from the video.

• 3.5 City Blocks 

l9pw8WX.jpg

Below are screenshots from a recent marketing video for the proposed multi-block Midtown development. The screenshots includes models of a proposed new building and renovations for existing buildings.

As previously noted, the video indicates this will likely be an adaptive reuse retail development. The development includes the following properties:

• 3101 Louisiana St
  • 3100 Travis St
  • 3010 Milam St

Oxberry Group is the developer of this project. However, The Kirby Group may have joined forced with Oxberry Group. Kirby Group is listed in the video description for the Midtown development. The two developers also partnered for the Montrose area mixed-use development Harlow District.

NhIl4hq.jpg

0uT4Qpg.jpg

E43Cq9J.jpg

xxf3o8z.jpg

6sJSF6b.jpg

d56hFBV.jpg

SyZVR9C.jpg

xvJrVuG.jpg

ENowiaM.jpg

5StgJzT.jpg

Bj3rltQ.jpg

WXQA741.jpg

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

• 3101 Louisiana St
  • 3100 Travis St
  • 3010 Milam St

• 3.5 City Blocks 

l9pw8WX.jpg

Below are additional screenshots from a recent marketing video for the proposed multi-block Midtown development. 

As previously noted, the video indicates this will likely be an adaptive reuse retail development. The development includes the following properties:

• 3101 Louisiana St
  • 3100 Travis St
  • 3010 Milam St

Oxberry Group is the developer of this project. However, The Kirby Group may have joined forced with Oxberry Group. Kirby Group is listed in the video description for the Midtown development. The two developers also partnered for the Montrose area mixed-use development Harlow District.

BNRq4LW.jpg

T7wuS7F.jpg

C3HMiVx.jpg

apRooNp.jpg

MeMn5JF.jpg

ZPXfSYS.jpg

Voma42n.jpg

FRzC4wG.jpg

5Y1pqao.jpg

buXprXL.jpg

ApTxPiH.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/18/2023 at 6:16 PM, Sanjorade said:

On 9/18/2023 at 8:56 PM, IntheKnowHouston said:

I reached out to High Fashion last week prior to posting about the proposed food hall. I was told by someone by phone and email there were no plans for a food hall. So, I messaged the person who originally posted the news.

After asking the person on Facebook for clarification, they sent a screenshot of construction and demo plans. The design is from Eimer Design, a Philadelphia architecture team whose robust portfolio includes a number of food hall designs across the county. 

I noticed the plans were dated April 2023. So, I inquired if this was moving forward or on the back burner. The poster shared contract bids went out for this in July. Bids were due last month.

Following that exchange, I reached out to High Fashion again with the new information. Their response: "while it's not currently official, anything is possible." 

In a recent marketing video for the proposed multi-block Midtown development, possible renovation of 3100 Travis St's exterior is shown. High Fashion Home is located on the property.

The video seems to slightly confirm plans of major renovations planned for 3100 Travis St.

As noted several posts up, developers are proposing a food hall on the first two floors of 3100 Travis St. While the video makes no mention of the food hall, it does indicate plans for a new outdoor multi-purpose space at the 3100 Travis St property. The outdoor space lines up with construction plans I saw for the food hall. 

3100 Travis St is one of several properties for Oxberry Group's multi-block Midtown development. Other properties include 3101 Louisiana St and 3010 Milam St. The aforementioned video indicates the 3.5 city block project will likely be an adaptive reuse retail development.

Oxberry Group may also be partnering with The Kirby Group on the multi-block Midtown development. Kirby Group is listed in the video description for the Midtown development. The two developers are also partners in the Montrose area mixed-use development Harlow District.

The post about the marketing video in the thread about the mixed-use development in Midtown:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/27553-the-mix-mixed-use-development-in-midtown/?do=findComment&comment=689617

1 hour ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

• 3101 Louisiana St
  • 3100 Travis St
  • 3010 Milam St

Below are screenshots of the site plan for the proposed multi-block Midtown development. The screenshots are from a recent marketing video for the development.

As previously noted, the may be an adaptive reuse retail development. The development includes the following properties:

• 3101 Louisiana St
  • 3100 Travis St
  • 3010 Milam St

QKVHv9W.jpg

NZLp8Iy.jpg

• Like 3

Just now, IntheKnowHouston said:

In a recent marketing video for the proposed multi-block Midtown development, possible renovation of 3100 Travis St's exterior is shown. High Fashion Home is located on the property.

The video seems to slightly confirm plans of major renovations planned for 3100 Travis St.

As noted several posts up, developers are proposing a food hall on the first two floors of 3100 Travis St. While the video makes no mention of the food hall, it does indicate plans for a new outdoor multi-purpose space at the 3100 Travis St property. The outdoor space lines up with construction plans I saw for the food hall. 

3100 Travis St is one of several properties for Oxberry Group's multi-block Midtown development. Other properties include 3101 Louisiana St and 3010 Milam St. The aforementioned video indicates the 3.5 city block project will likely be an adaptive reuse retail development.

Oxberry Group may also be partnering with The Kirby Group on the multi-block Midtown development. Kirby Group is listed in the video description for the Midtown development. The two developers are also partners in the Montrose area mixed-use development Harlow District.

The post about the marketing video in the thread about the mixed-use development in Midtown:

https://www.houstonarchitecture.com/haif/topic/27553-the-mix-mixed-use-development-in-midtown/?do=findComment&comment=689617

Below are screenshots from a recent marketing video for the proposed multi-block Midtown development. The screenshots includes a model of a proposed outdoor multi-purpose space at the 3100 Travis St property.

As previously mentioned, developers are proposing a food hall on the first two floors of 3100 Travis St. 

3100 Travis St is one of several properties for Oxberry Group's multi-block Midtown development. Other properties include 3101 Louisiana St and 3010 Milam St. The aforementioned video indicates the 3.5 city block project will likely be an adaptive reuse retail development.

TEyeFQE.jpg

OutPOzf.jpg

CrMGEOL.jpg

XxFgAKO.jpg

3VGrQ5I.jpg

Rgqx6d8.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Below are screenshots of the site plan for the proposed outdoor multi-purpose space at the 3100 Travis St. It's part of the multi-block Midtown development from Oxberry Group. The screenshots are from a recent marketing video for the development.

3100 Travis St is one of several properties for Oxberry Group's multi-block Midtown development. Other properties include 3101 Louisiana St and 3010 Milam St. The aforementioned video indicates the 3.5 city block project will likely be an adaptive reuse retail development.

k9ylLYB.jpg

47 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Below are screenshots of the site plan for the proposed outdoor multi-purpose space at the 3100 Travis St. It's part of the multi-block Midtown development from Oxberry Group. The screenshots are from a recent marketing video for the development.

k9ylLYB.jpg

Below is a better look of the above site plan. The site plan is of the proposed outdoor multi-purpose space at the 3100 Travis St. This is the site of High Fashion Home. It's part of the multi-block Midtown development from Oxberry Group. 

Shown in the site plan for the  proposed outdoor multi-purpose space:

• An outdoor dining plaza

• Space for mobile food trucks

• Space for giant lawn games

Additionally, developers are proposing a food hall on the first two floors of 3100 Travis St.  

3100 Travis St is one of several properties for Oxberry Group's multi-block Midtown development. Other properties include 3101 Louisiana St and 3010 Milam St. As previously noted, this 3.5 city block project will likely be an adaptive reuse retail development.

zXBxvsj.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Big E said:

Honestly, I'm just trying to figure out why the street abandonment is even necessary. This appears to be a car centric, suburban development, not a large mixed use or office park style development. Why even have the ped street at all?

Because there's a street that you can drive right through the development they're planning. I think they're trying to work with what they got and its a lot better than whats currently there. They're removing the parking lot at 3100 Travis St and replacing it with a little park/ outdoor area. They're also putting in a new building behind 3101 Louisiana St, which removes even more parking. So in between 3101 Louisiana, 3010 Milam, and the planned building there is a street. Removing it and making it a pedestrian street makes sooo much sense. This way, all 3 of those buildings can be accessible without crossing a street, making it a little less car centric. It dedicates a space thats only for pedestrians, that would obviously be a win-win no matter what.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, 004n063 said:

Anybody else weirded out by the fact that pedestrianizing a street appears to require its "abandoning" and privatization? Is it not possible to have a public pedestrian street in Houston?

3 hours ago, Big E said:

Honestly, I'm just trying to figure out why the street abandonment is even necessary. This appears to be a car centric, suburban development, not a large mixed use or office park style development. Why even have the ped street at all?

First, it appears that the block of Rosalie along High Fashion Home is already abandoned. Rosalie also doesn't go through two blocks to the west at the former Whole Foods store. 

So, a few reasons why you would want to abandon:

* One: Rosalie street is only about 43', so when they replat this they would actually be required to contribute 7 more feet to the street.

* Two: Streets trigger building setbacks (note: this is in a Walkable Place area, which makes things complicated, but still)

* Three: they are showing some buildings on Rosalie. Can't do that without acquiring it.  

Edited by wilcal
  • Like 1