Big Tex Storage At 4503 Montrose Blvd.

lockmat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, clutchcity94 said:

Is including an underground water retention system something that happens for all new construction?

Most projects I've seen all seem to have it know. They just don't have the room for a detention pond so they have been putting them underneath a project.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Amlaham said:

Random, but what going to happen to that billboard facing Montrose? Will it come down, because if not, wont it be completely obstructed by the building?

My guess is it’ll come down because presumably the new landowners (Big-Tex Storage) have no reason to lease it out.

Now if only the Clear Channel-owned billboard further east of Woodrow came down...

Edited by clutchcity94
  • Like 3

On 10/24/2021 at 12:54 AM, clutchcity94 said:

My guess is it’ll come down because presumably the new landowners (Big-Tex Storage) have no reason to lease it out.

No reason, other than revenue, I suppose.  A few reasons we can (unfortunately) expect it to stay:

(1) Additional revenue for Big-Tex.

(2) The billboard owner probably has a lease/easement to which Big Tex's ownership is subject.

(3) If it was going to come down, it seems likely it would have been demolished along with the building.

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 3

21 hours ago, Houston19514 said:

No reason, other than revenue, I suppose.  A few reason we can (unfortunately) expect it to stay:

(1) Additional revenue for Big-Tex.

(2) The billboard owner probably has a lease/easement to which Big Tex's ownership is subject.

(3) If it was going to come down, it seems likely it would have been demolished along with the building.

The previously posted site plan confirms that it will remain:

58C5DDBA-243B-44D7-86E9-997BB38CE721.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...