GreenStreet: Mixed-Use Development At 1201 Fannin St.

MontroseNeighborhoodCafe

I love Houston and it's my favorite city in Texas! I can live without rail,but I just think rail would be a lot more helpful. I'm also moving there to attend college and get away from Waco and bad memories here. I'd choose Dallas, but Houston just seems like more of a better choice for me and also have tons of family there.

But why do you love Houston? Is it just because you have family here? If so, why is your family here?

Quick question. What ever happened with the Video Screen proposal? Last I heard, it was pre-approved but it would only allow the developers to put the screens up by the opening date. I've been downtown a few times recently and see no indication of any screens or anything going up. Isn't the grand opening only 2 months away?

Surely they won't be able to get them installed within a month?

Any Info is appreciated.

Quick question. What ever happened with the Video Screen proposal? Last I heard, it was pre-approved but it would only allow the developers to put the screens up by the opening date. I've been downtown a few times recently and see no indication of any screens or anything going up. Isn't the grand opening only 2 months away?

Surely they won't be able to get them installed within a month?

Any Info is appreciated.

The part you would see can be installed in a day or two.

The part you would see can be installed in a day or two.

That's what I was thinking... they're basically gonna be HD jumbo-trons, right? So assuming they're doing the utility work for them, it won't take very long. B/c of the shock factor for downtown patrons, I'm sure they're gonna wait till the last minute for those.

It'll be really nice to have SOMETHING in downtown that screams for attention though. I can't wait!

• 2 weeks later...
Latest news release from August 18th, 2008

Interestingly, no actual opening date is set, just a month still.

Also, nothing new in the release about tenants, unless someone else sees it.

Just looking at the list of retail tenants makes me realize just how big this thing is. While it's not tall, that's a stinkin lot of retail/restaurants on three city blocks.

It is 4 including the parking garage.

BTW, I've spoke to 2 of the venues and they are without a doubt opening in October. HOB will be up and running in October and Lucky Strike will be finished by November.

THis thing is going to revolutionize downtown houston. I have coworkers all buzzing about shopping in downtown houston and anyone that has eaten at the park shops over the last 20 years has to be excited to get an entire gang of new restaurants into the downtown area.

It is 4 including the parking garage.

BTW, I've spoke to 2 of the venues and they are without a doubt opening in October. HOB will be up and running in October and Lucky Strike will be finished by November.

THis thing is going to revolutionize downtown houston. I have coworkers all buzzing about shopping in downtown houston and anyone that has eaten at the park shops over the last 20 years has to be excited to get an entire gang of new restaurants into the downtown area.

I agree. I've worked on the east side of downtown for the last year, and I'm getting outrageously sick of the same restaurants over there. Especially since the only affordable ones worth anything are the Grove, Irma's, and Massa's.

Does anyone know where the main tenants are going to be located? Obviously, HOB is on the east side, and I saw a sign for Guadalajara under the overpass on San Jac. What about Lucky Strike, Forever 21, Polk St. Pub, and the bookstore?

Edited by roadrunner

Do any of you guys have any idea what kind and where they are going to place the jumbotron/plasma screens? I know they will probably wait closer to opening day, but I have no clue where they could possible put the screens, how many, and what kind. I kind am eager to see the finishing touches, and I hope that they meet my expectations, since many have been deflated already by the exterior design they have chosen thus far. Maybe the interior will compensate for it.

Just drove by HP on Friday, it looks pretty bland from the outside exterior. I hope they decorate the walls because that cladding is YUCK.

I'm thinking the jumbotrons are going on the inside panels on the skybridge off Fannin.

• 2 weeks later...
Holiday Inn Across from HP? There isn't a Holiday Inn across HP. There is one behind the Toyota Center, are you talking about that one? The only hotel right off of HP is The Marriott and The Hilton is a block away.

Oopps... I meant the Marriott across from HP... on Main Street... my bad.