University of Houston Downtown Campus Developments

Guest danax

What I do not get it how much flood plain do you have to leave alone for the bayou areas, all of it in this picture?

I tried to download an image of this area from photos of the flood from Tropical Storm Allison,

but they were too large. In answer to your question refresh your memory of the flooding

of these bayous by looking up images. They make it very clear how vulnerable we are here to flooding.

Just google Tropical storm Allison floods Houston and you'll get a better idea of why there

is a flood plain there.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am actually not sure about this one so please close if I am wrong... is this an upcoming project(s) or something already built?

Science and Technology building and also a parking garage. Is the parking garage the project that just finished with the welcome center? The locations may be wrong then...

19375131692_12e9997ba4_b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

CBRE had this property? Interesting... I always assumed they owned this property. Hopefully that means we'll have some more lighting along the bike trail.

Edit: Always assumed UH-D owned this property*

Edited by Triton

That is a huge site. 

I doubt this will be solely for a STEM building.  I am sure they will include lots of parking,  but I hope that will be in the form of a garage. It would be cool to include some residential component. Another cafeteria/food court area will also be needed.  

26 minutes ago, HoustonIsHome said:

That is a huge site. 

I doubt this will be solely for a STEM building.  I am sure they will include lots of parking,  but I hope that will be in the form of a garage. It would be cool to include some residential component. Another cafeteria/food court area will also be needed.  

Article by the chron mentions further expansion once TxDOT plans become more clear

http://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/real-estate/article/UH-Downtown-plans-for-growth-with-major-7940905.php

• Like 3

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...