What Houston High School Did You Attend

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cracked me up when someone had mentioned that they were once the School Mascot. Like our was "Stevie" the mustang. This person said they were the ass end! Ja ja! ^_^

Super Fine in "79" :ph34r::lol:

Freshman year : Lamar High School

Sophomore-Senior : Waltrip H.S

GO RAMS!!!

Lotta peeps on this board went to Milby. I was supposed to go but they were capped so I got a transfer to Lamar. woohoo.

What year? You from da hood? (Pecan Park/Broadway)

1980...I went to the "supposedly" bad or scary school...wasn't as bad as people thought, just a bunch of talk. Scary cause of being haunted maybe. :lol: Boy, that was a long time ago... :mellow:

My whole family history is from da hood...I grew up in a "Wonder Years" neighborhood, borderline of Hou. & Pasadena, in Oak Meadows, tract homes...under the beautiful glow of the Sinclair Refinery. <_<

The reason so many peeps went to Milby is probably due to it's long history. My grandmother was in the first graduating class. :o

Edited by NenaE

1980...I went to the "supposedly" bad or scary school...wasn't as bad as people thought, just a bunch of talk. Scary cause of being haunted maybe. :lol: Boy, that was a long time ago... :mellow:

My whole family history is from da hood...I grew up in a "Wonder Years" neighborhood, borderline of Hou. & Pasadena, in Oak Meadows, tract homes...under the beautiful glow of the Sinclair Refinery. <_<

The reason so many peeps went to Milby is probably due to it's long history. My grandmother was in the first graduating class. :o

Very true Nena!

We graduated about the same time SF Austin was quite a good school then and we aways heard that Milby was "top notch". Milby was considered one of the best in Houston. I knew many of the seniors while working at Wilson's Dept store at Gulfgate and not only were most very smart the girls seemed twice as better looking to us guys from Austin. Most suburb's people only heard negative things so they assumed all inner city schools were bad, pure pulp fiction.

Ironically, these schools are now making big comebacks to former glory."Go Mustangs" :)

Milby Buffalo Class of '77.

Our Fight Song:

Charlie Buffalo your my guy,

Charlie Buffalo how I sigh,

When I see a Buffalo in gold and blue,

Charlie Buffalo, it's you.

My ma was a Buffalo,

My pa was to,

I'm a Buffalo from the zoo,

I'm a Buffalo, moo, moo.

It was our fight song, I kid you not.

Written by my Sophmore Major Works English teacher, Mr. Seastrand.

He was a great teacher but lacked somewhat on the musical side.

J. Frank Dobie in beautiful PISD. Our principal was on TV once for sending one of my friends home for wearing an earring. He was quoted as saying "Anyone with an earring is either a drug addict or a faggot, and we don't want either of those here."

J. Frank Dobie in beautiful PISD. Our principal was on TV once for sending one of my friends home for wearing an earring. He was quoted as saying "Anyone with an earring is either a drug addict or a faggot, and we don't want either of those here."

Coming from that high school, It figures...

sowannbe you know what they say...you can take the girl out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl.

Wow, nice...where did you learn that? VIDOR, TX

One of the oldest high schools in Houston, (Harrisburg)...Charles H. Milby (I hear it's haunted, too). Oh, sorry, that's another topic, altogether. :P

You forgot to mention that you were the 3'rd generation to go there, sis! Of course, I broke the family tradition, sorry! Never heard about it being haunted, though. Could it be... Grandmother? :huh: She was a Buff!

J. Frank Dobie in beautiful PISD.

Dobie was another one of the best schools in the area! I am not sure about now but we had kids we grew up with that attended Dobie and always talked about the great stuff going on. The nabes surrounding the schol at the time were fairly new built up.

Stephen F Austin was very gung-ho when we were there, they still had the Scottish Brigade in full force. Sure miss hearing those bagpipes from our backyards! It was like this except all girls not guys! ja! :D

Wow and our school colors were green too!

st-pats-day-bagpipes.jpg

Edited by Vertigo58

Wow, you probably knew my uncle. did you grow up in studewood? if so, you definitely knew him, but I graduated well after that (10+ years).

No, actually I was bussed and later drove. I lived out on Almeda, south of the Astrodome so I was zoned to Madison.

Was that Mr. Breeden or Mr. Spears?

Dobie 1987.

Humble 1989 grad.

You graduated with my wife.

Stephen F. Austin

in ultra-fantastic/delirious near East End!

Go Mustang's!

My Dad graduated from there. 1964 I think?

His picture is in the yearbook as Mr. SFA. Pictured with him was Mrs. SFA, Alana Stewart (Rod Stewart's ex.). Mother of skanktastic Kimberly Stewart.

Edited by MidtownCoog