What Houston High School Did You Attend

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Humble High School Wildcat....had a great experience there, it was a great mix of all walks of life when I was there with excellent teachers and coaches. Apparently it has gone down hill quite a bit since I graduated in 2000. Greatschools has it rated as a 3 now, lower than Aldine <_<

Klein Oak

Wife went to Klein Oak, what year??

2001 grad

The wife graduated in 2000. Her sister went there too and graduated one or two years later...so you could have known either one if you hung out with any older or younger kids...

For the 10th and 11th grades, I went to Austin High. At the beginning of my senior year, my parents moved from the East End to Bellaire and I was in the very first graduating class at the brand-new Bellaire High. Talk about culture shock! Most of the kids had transferred to Bellaire from Lamar and San Jacinto high schools, where academic and social standards were higher than at my old school.

There were about a hundred kids in that first graduating class. When our 50th class reunion rolled around, the powers-that-be simply invited all graduating classes for the first 4 years of the school's existence together for a low-key affair. There was no separate celebration for the Class of '56, no recognition in any publication, NOTHING! It was like we never existed. I was so PO'd that I didn't even consider attending. Others with whom I spoke felt the same way.

GW Carver High School for Applied Technology, Engineering, and the Arts in NW Houston

NW houston---thats acres (shakers) homes...

I went to "OLD colored High" ...Booker T.Washington (the engineering Program)

Seriously, look up the history..the school was built w/o a front door so the garden oaks community or any whites wouldn't see the blacks out front as they traveled Yale.

Edited by sowanome

NW houston---thats acres (shakers) homes...

I went to "OLD colored High" ...Booker T.Washington (the engineering Program)

Seriously, look up the history..the school was built w/o a front door so the garden oaks community or any whites wouldn't see the blacks out front as they traveled Yale.

I went to HSEP aswell AKA Booker T.

Class of '97

I went to HSEP aswell AKA Booker T.

Class of '97

Wow, i finished in a few yrs later (00). I definitely know you. All I can remember is mr.breinzo's freaky a#@ and mr. holmes spanish 3 watching "goldie the pimp"! Never knew how hood that school was (and the areas i grew up in) were until i went off to school, far, far away. People often ask, "why did you leave?"...

Edited by sowanome

Wow, i finished in a few yrs later (00). I definitely know you. All I can remember is mr.breinzo's freaky a#@ and mr. holmes spanish 3 watching "goldie the pimp"! Never knew how hood that school was (and the areas i grew up in) were until i went off to school, far, far away. People often ask, "why did you leave?"...

The program was tiny, so I'm positive I know who you are( I'll IM).

Mr Breinzo was a legend in his own mind. I didn't have Mr Holmes. I forget the name of the Spanish teacher(wasn't Mr Holmes) I had downstairs, he would write me a permit to get out because I already knew Spanish. I would go back to Mr. Sullivan's room when he didn't have a class (home room teacher) and watch "The Andy Griffith Show" every morning at nine on Fox

Never knew how hood that school was (and the areas i grew up in) were until i went off to school, far, far away. People often ask, "why did you leave?"...

sowannbe you know what they say...you can take the girl out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl.

Edited by musicman