Embassy Suites By Hilton Houston Downtown At 1515 Dallas St.

ricco67

Can we add average words/post to user profiles as a site enhancement?

I generally don't have much to say here anymore. Just browse a little.

I KNEW IT!

Anyway... Despite my objections this thing does contribute to the overall feel of DT. :)

Knew what? It wasn't me.

• 3 weeks later...

Is it just me, or are there supposed to be stylized E's for Embassy Suites where the white rectangles are on the crown? I always thought they were going there, but I couldn't really find anything that showed that while quickly browsing the thread. Maybe I just made it up based on the original rendering, but I am always expecting them to be there whenever I go downtown. It looks strange the way it is now.

Is it just me, or are there supposed to be stylized E's for Embassy Suites where the white rectangles are on the crown? I always thought they were going there, but I couldn't really find anything that showed that while quickly browsing the thread. Maybe I just made it up based on the original rendering, but I am always expecting them to be there whenever I go downtown. It looks strange the way it is now.

The whole building looks strange and out of place.

I think they should put some kind of mural on the side of that disgusting building. Perhaps like... a sasquatch. Or some dolphins.

I think a good "green" mural would be nice, similar to rainbow tower in hawaii. Something that would compliment the discovery green mentality.

• 2 weeks later...

The new Embassy Suites Downtown has made an effort to stick to the eco-friendly example set by its neighbor, Discovery Green. Now the commitment to going green will extend to the hotel restaurant. CultureMap has learned that Embassy Suites is in serious discussions on opening a new Ruggles Green as a street-level lunch and dinner restaurant inside the hotel.

New Embassy Suites plans to keep it green — Ruggles Green — downtown

:)

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I think it's just a place-holding structure. I don't see any where in the master plan where they specify what that structure would be, other than to specify first floor retail on the north and east sides.

On the master planned labels it as "other planned development."

On the master planned labels it as "other planned development."

Yea, I saw that. Pretty unspecific. On Page 64, it shows the "proposed ground floor land use" and specifies retail, lobby and "back of house" for the vacant portions of the Embassy Suites block (mostly retail).

Edited by Houston19514
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Wasn't sure where to post this but I saw it on swamplot.  Yeah, the hotel sucks on the outside (never been inside) but having another hearsay there is a huge + in my book!  Awesome bar. 

http://blog.chron.com/primeproperty/2014/05/craft-cocktail-bar-to-open-second-downtown-location/

Also, would be fun to brainstorm suggestions to improve the exterior...

• The title was changed to Embassy Suites By Hilton Houston Downtown At 1515 Dallas St.