I call it the WillowCrook area now.

I love this:

Gunspoint = Greenspoint

Willowcrook = Willowbrook

The Hoodlands = The Woodlands

Burglarland = Sugarland

A name for everything... Again, it's a phase an area have to face. I can't wait for this area to rise again. The pilgrims know... this area is very populated and continues to boom no matter what they all say... all in time. :-)

• 5 months later...

H&M appears headed to Willowbrook Mall...

Until Houston gets its own H&M, no trip to Dallas is complete without a shopping stop at NorthPark Center, currently one of two spots in Texas for an H&M fix. The other H&M opened in November at Town East Mall in the Dallas/Mesquite area.

Inquiring minds wanted to know — again — just when an H&M will be putting down stakes in Houston. So when I was in Big D last weekend to see my beloved Houston Cougars whip up on Penn State in the TicketCity Bowl, a store manager confirmed a location is going in at Willowbrook Mall in the spring.

more at:

http://houston.culturemap.com/newsdetail/01-04-12-00-00-hm-sets-sites-on-willowbrook-mall-but-until-it-opens-heres-a-shirtles-david-beckham/

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • The title was changed to Willowbrook Mall
  • 1 year later...

Sears closed its Willowbrook Mall location in 2020. The retail store's address was 7925 FM 1960 W / 7925 Cypress Creek Pkwy. 

Transformco, the parent company of Sears and Kmart, owns the land parcel and the building Sears occupied.

Last year, Transformco opened Sears Hometown in the former Sears space at Willowbrook Mall. Sears Hometown is a smaller scale home goods-focused offshoot of Sears. However, it closed last summer after six months in business, according to Houston Historic Retail.

The below photo of Sears Hometown at Willowbrook Mall is from Houston Historic Retail.

Fzy6ADc.jpg

Edited by IntheKnowHouston

14 minutes ago, IntheKnowHouston said:

Sears closed its Willowbrook Mall location in 2020. The retail store's address was 7925 FM 1960 W / 7925 Cypress Creek Pkwy. 

Transformco, the parent company of Sears and Kmart, owns the land parcel and the building Sears occupied.

Last year, Transformco opened Sears Hometown in the former Sears space at Willowbrook Mall. Sears Hometown is a smaller scale home goods-focused offshoot of Sears. However, it closed last summer after six months in business, according to Houston Historic Retail.

The below photo of Sears Hometown at Willowbrook Mall is from Houston Historic Retail.

Fzy6ADc.jpg

The former Sears location at Willowbrook Mall has been on the market since 2020. The building is located at 7925 FM 1960 W / 7925 Cypress Creek Parkway. 

Transformco owns the Sears building and adjacent parcels. Harris County records lists the entity     TF Houston TX One LLC as the owner.

The property is available for sale, for lease, and for redevelopment.

Details from the listing:

Site Acreage: 17
Building Square Footage: 191,018

https://transformcoproperties.com/properties/at-willowbrook-mall/

https://transformcoproperties.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Willowbrook-Mall-Sears-Flyer.pdf

J5cPHnn.jpg

From 2020

Qiwoifq.png

HaJbpa3.jpg

• Like 2