I guess I'm the only oddball who likes air conditioning. I do like the outdoors concept, but not here in houston especially during summer, and on humid, rainy, & too-cold days (about 300 out of 365 days). If anything the outdoors concept is just like any other strip center except bigger with some water fountains here and there. Yes, a lot of malls tend to die out, but to me its all about word-by-mouth. If we all talk down about a particular mall of course eventually no one will go.

I guess I'm the only oddball who likes air conditioning. I do like the outdoors concept, but not here in houston especially during summer, and on humid, rainy, & too-cold days (about 300 out of 365 days). If anything the outdoors concept is just like any other strip center except bigger with some water fountains here and there. Yes, a lot of malls tend to die out, but to me its all about word-by-mouth. If we all talk down about a particular mall of course eventually no one will go.

Nothing against air conditioning...I was just saying that Willowbrook could use more skylights to let some light in...it feels very clostrophobic..look at the Woodlands or the newest section of the Galleria (4?)

In my opinion, the "feeling" of being outdoors while indoors is the ideal environment.

Nothing against air conditioning...I was just saying that Willowbrook could use more skylights to let some light in...it feels very clostrophobic..look at the Woodlands or the newest section of the Galleria (4?)

In my opinion, the "feeling" of being outdoors while indoors is the ideal environment.

Agree. I also prefer outdoor malls as well as retail I can pull my car right up to. I like Shopping villages. I also think it keeps the rif-raff down as wherever you go in this town, they seem to like to loiter around in the Malls.

• 2 weeks later...
I know, I just like doing everything I can to spread the fear of malls among our aging population.

I think people in general are just scarier nowdays. Part of it is real, and part of it is driven by the media that makes it seem like people are waiting to pounce you around every corner, shopping cart, and intersection.

LOL

• 4 weeks later...
according to this link www.newmarkkf.com/espace/willowbrook the willowbrook area is getting a cheesecake factory and Dick's sporting good.

Funny how in the actual flyer they say " Willowbrook is the 3rd best mall in Houston. "

Maybe true, but is that a fact or an opinion? They might as well say "Willowbrook is a really cool mall" or "Check this place out for a new restaurant, dude." ;)

A new Cheesecake factory would be cool though. And if they can add three 8000 sf restaurants with large patios like they show on their website, maybe Willowbrook Mall will be the undisputed 3rd best mall in Houston.

Funny how in the actual flyer they say " Willowbrook is the 3rd best mall in Houston. "

Maybe true, but is that a fact or an opinion? They might as well say "Willowbrook is a really cool mall" or "Check this place out for a new restaurant, dude."

A new Cheesecake factory would be cool though. And if they can add three 8000 sf restaurants with large patios like they show on their website, maybe Willowbrook Mall will be the undisputed 3rd best mall in Houston.

What a joke, who would brag about being third best in anything??? Also, what are the top two, I mean, technically Willowbrook is in the Houston City Limits..I would think it would be the second best beside the Galleria, assuming First Colony and Woodlands are not in the city...maybe Memorial City Mall?

What a joke, who would brag about being third best in anything??? Also, what are the top two, I mean, technically Willowbrook is in the Houston City Limits..I would think it would be the second best beside the Galleria, assuming First Colony and Woodlands are not in the city...maybe Memorial City Mall?

They're talking about the MSA, the entire Metropolitan Statistical Area. First, should be no surprise is the Houston Galleria, your guess is as good as mine as to who the second is, but I think it is noteworthy to say that it Willowbrook is and has always been (for over 20 years) one of the top-performing malls in Houston and in the State of Texas.

Edited by mrfootball

They're talking about the MSA, the entire Metropolitan Statistical Area. First, should be no surprise is the Houston Galleria, your guess is as good as mine as to who the second is, but I think it is noteworthy to say that it Willowbrook is and has always been (for nearly 20 years) one of the top-performing malls in Houston and in the State of Texas.

Agreed, so say that, don't say you are the third best...those guys need to take a marketing/advertising class....

Agreed, the actual stats for Willowbrook are impressive, to polish, they should simply describe as above, stick an asterisk on it with supporting reference data in the fine print.

With that said, the old girl is getting a bit long in the tooth and in need of a makeover.

Edited by mrfootball

They're talking about the MSA, the entire Metropolitan Statistical Area. First, should be no surprise is the Houston Galleria, your guess is as good as mine as to who the second is, but I think it is noteworthy to say that it Willowbrook is and has always been (for over 20 years) one of the top-performing malls in Houston and in the State of Texas.

I'd say they were implying Galleria and Memorial City. But I'll have to check out the official listing of best malls to be sure.

Based on sales per square foot I'm guessing?

I read in the Houston Business Journal that Dick's Sporting Goods is not going forward with the plans to expand to Houston, even though that is shown on this company's flyer. I'm not 100% convinced we're getting a cheesecake factory yet either - though hopefully we will.